Vertex (Latin: corner; plural vertices or vertexes) may refer to:
- Vertex (physics), a point where particles collide and interact
- Vertex (optics), a point where the optical axis crosses a lens surface
- Vertex algebra in conformal field theory
- Vertex function describing the interaction between a photon and an electron
- Vertex model in statistical mechanics, a discrete model of a physical system in which weights are associated with vertices of a grid graph. In Geometry, a vertex (plural "vertices" is a special kind of point. For other uses see Vertex. In Graph theory, a vertex (plural vertices) or node is the fundamental unit out In the geometry of Curves a vertex is a point of where the first derivative of Curvature is zero In Particle physics, an interaction point (IP is the place where particles collide The cardinal points and the associated cardinal planes are a set of special points and planes in an optical system which help in the analysis In Quantum electrodynamics, the vertex function describes the coupling between a photon and an electron beyond the leading order of perturbation theory. A vertex model is a type of Statistical mechanics model in which the Boltzmann weights are associated with a vertex in the model (representing
- Vertex - Business Process Outsourcing, a business services provider spun off from United Utilities
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals, a biotech company
- Vertex Standard, a radiocommunication products company. Vertex is a UK provider of outsourced business services and technology solutions with expertise in customer management Vertex Pharmaceuticals is a biotechnology company with activities spanning the length of the pharmaceutical product pipeline from target identification through to clinical trials Yaesu is an international Brand of Amateur radio equipment It was founded as in 1959 by Sako Hasegawa in the Tokyo neighborhood
- Vertex (anatomy), the uppermost surface of the head of an arthropod or vertebrate
In the Groove (abbreviated ITG) is the first game in the In the Groove franchise published and developed by Vertex is an album from Halifax Nova Scotia hip hop artist Richard Terfry who performs as Buck 65. Vertex was a band formed in 1995 featuring singer Stephen Pearcy from ( Ratt, Arcade) guitarist Al Pitrelli In Arthropod and Vertebrate Anatomy, the vertex (or cranial vertex) refers to the upper surface of the head
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- The highest point of something.
- (anatomy) The highest surface on the skull.
- # (geometry) Informally; a corner.
- ## (angle) The common point of the two rays of the angle.
- ## (polygon) The meeting points of two sides.
- ## (polyhedron) The meeting point of three or more faces and an equal number of edges.
- ## (polytope) a point where the corners of three or more cells meet and connect to each other.
- ## (curve) a point on the curve with a local minimum or maximum of curvature.
- # (graph theory) One of the elements of a graph joined by zero or more edges to other vertices.
- (algebraic geometry) The point of intersection of an axis and a curve.-->
- (computer graphics) A point in 3D space, usually given in terms of its x-, y-, and z-coordinates.
- (optics) The point where the surface of an optical element (e.g. lens) crosses the optical axis.
- (nuclear or particle physics) the interaction point.
- (astrology) where the Prime Vertical meets the ecliptic in the west.
network: | |