|Television Broadcasts Limited|
|Type||Public SEHK: 0511,OTCBB: TVBCY|
|Founded||Broadcast Drive, Kowloon, Hong Kong (1967)|
|Headquarters||77 Chun Choi Street|
Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate;
New Territories, Hong Kong
|Key people||Sir Run Run Shaw|
|Products||TVB Jade, TVB Pearl, TVBI, TVB Pay Vision, TVBS, TVBcom Limited, TVB magazine, etc. The Hong Kong Stock Exchange ( also 港交所 abbreviated as HKEX;) is the Stock exchange of Hong Kong. The OTC Bulletin Board or OTCBB is an electronic quotation system in the United States that displays real-time quotes last-sale prices and volume information for Broadcast Drive ( is a road in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. The road is notable as having played host to five broadcasting outlets in Hong Kong at one Kowloon refers to an urban area in Hong Kong made up of Kowloon Peninsula and New Kowloon, bordered by the Lei Yue Mun strait in the east Hong Kong ( officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is a territory located on China 's south coast on the Pearl River Delta, and borders Year 1967 ( MCMLXVII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display full calendar of the 1967 Gregorian calendar. Tseung Kwan O (also called Junk Bay) is a bay in Sai Kung District, New Territories, Hong Kong, China. New Territories, abbreviated to NT or NT, is a region in Hong Kong excluding Hong Kong Island, Kowloon and Stonecutters Island Hong Kong ( officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is a territory located on China 's south coast on the Pearl River Delta, and borders Sir Run Run Shaw CBE, GBM ( October 4, 1907) For other uses of this term see Industry (disambiguation An industry (from Latin industrius, "diligent industrious" For the band see Broadcast (band Broadcasting is the distribution of audio and/or Video signals which transmit In Marketing, a product is anything that can be offered to a Market that might satisfy a want or need |
|Revenue||$4. In business revenue or revenues is Income that a company receives from its normal business activities usually from the sale of goods and services 18 billion HK dollars (2005-2006)|
|Employees||4519 (December 2005)|
"TVB" redirects here. Employment is a Contract between two parties, one being the employer and the other being the employee. A website (alternatively web site or Web site, a back-construction from the Proper noun World Wide Web) is a collection of Web pages
For other uses, see TVB (disambiguation)
Television Broadcasts Limited (SEHK: 0511,OTCBB: TVBCY), commonly known as TVB, was the first over-the-air commercial television station in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong Stock Exchange ( also 港交所 abbreviated as HKEX;) is the Stock exchange of Hong Kong. The OTC Bulletin Board or OTCBB is an electronic quotation system in the United States that displays real-time quotes last-sale prices and volume information for A television station is a type of broadcast station that broadcasts both audio and Video to Television receivers in a particular area Hong Kong ( officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is a territory located on China 's south coast on the Pearl River Delta, and borders Commenced broadcasting on November 19, 1967. Events 1095 - The Council of Clermont, called by Pope Urban II to discuss sending the First Crusade to the Holy Land Year 1967 ( MCMLXVII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display full calendar of the 1967 Gregorian calendar. , with a staff of about 4,500, it is now one of two free-to-air television broadcasters in Hong Kong, the other being its arch-rival in business, ATV. Hong Kong ( officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is a territory located on China 's south coast on the Pearl River Delta, and borders Asia Television Limited ( is one of the two free-to-air television broadcasters in Hong Kong, the other being its arch-rival Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB 
TVB is the first free-to-air (FTA) television broadcaster in Hong Kong. Free-to-air (FTA Television (TV and Radio broadcasts are sent unencrypted and may be received via any suitable receiver Free-to-view When TVB first began broadcasting, to distinguish it from the only cable television broadcaster, Rediffusion Television, it was commonly known as "Wireless Television" (無綫電視 Cantonese: mo sin din si) in Chinese. Rediffusion Television ( RTV) (zh-t 麗的電視有限公司 was the first Television station in Hong Kong, established in 1957, making Although there is more than one wireless television station now (the other is Asia Television, the successor of Rediffusion Television), TVB is still known as "Wireless Television" today. Asia Television Limited ( is one of the two free-to-air television broadcasters in Hong Kong, the other being its arch-rival Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB
TVB is now the largest commercial Chinese program producer, with a staff of about four thousand five hundred, including about five hundred contract artists ,and staff in overseas subsidiary companies. The company's current chairman is Sir Run Run Shaw. Sir Run Run Shaw CBE, GBM ( October 4, 1907) 
It owns two free-to-air channels in Hong Kong, namely TVB Jade (Cantonese) and TVB Pearl (English and foreign languages), which TVB Jade enjoys the largest audience share in Hong Kong. TVB Jade ( is a flagship TV channel in Hong Kong, established by Television Broadcasts Limited. TVB Pearl ( is one of the two free television services in Hong Kong that mainly broadcast in the English language, the other being ATV World English is a West Germanic language originating in England and is the First language for most people in the United Kingdom, the United States TVB will also gradually launch their digital terrestrial television Services, including Hong Kong's One-and-Only 24-hour high definition channel - HD Jade and 2 standard definition channels(J2 and Interactive Information Channel) TVB will adopt H.264/MPEG-4 AVC as the codec for all new channels (Simulcast channels will be encoded with MPEG-2). Digital Terrestrial Television ( DTTV or DTT) is an implementation of digital technology to provide a greater number of channels and/or better quality of picture and J2 (also known as Jade 2 is a TV Channel specially established by Television Broadcasts Limited for the new digital TV network in Hong Kong. H264 is a standard for Video compression. It is also known as MPEG-4 Part 10, or MPEG-4 AVC (for Advanced Video Coding) MPEG-2 is a standard for "the generic coding of moving pictures and associated audio information"  Besides, TVB is providing twelve pay-tv channels for its associated company, TVB Pay Vision Limited.
TVB reaches out to the overseas Chinese communities. Its productions are available in Mainland China, Taiwan, Macau, the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Malaysia, and Singapore, among others, on channels such as TVB's own TVBS-Europe subscription satellite service. Mainland China, Continental China, the Chinese mainland or simply the mainland, is a geopolitical term synonymous with the area that is under the jurisdiction Taiwan ( Taiwanese: Tâi-oân/Tāi-oân (historically 大灣/台員/大員/台圓/大圓/台窩灣 is an Island in East Asia. For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Macau topics. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain,is a Sovereign state located Country to "Dominion of Canada" or "Canadian Federation" or anything else please read the Talk Page For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics. New Zealand is an Island country in the south-western Pacific Ocean comprising two main landmasses (the North Island and the South Island The Kingdom of Thailand (ˈtaɪlænd ราชอาณาจักรไทย, râːtɕʰa-ʔaːnaːtɕɑ̀k-tʰɑj For the biogeographical region see Malesia Malaysia (məˈleɪʒə or /məˈleɪziə/ is a country that consists of thirteen states and Singapore  In Taiwan, TVB operates through its TVBS subsidiary. TVBS may refer to the band The Vincent Black Shadow. TVBS is a satellite television channel and nationwide Cable TV network in
Its dramas are internationally acclaimed, and many of Hong Kong's top film and pop stars started their careers at TVB. Drama is the specific mode of Fiction represented in Performance. Special TVB events such as the annual TVB Anniversary Celebration are broadcast to planetary audience. TVB also runs talent programmes such as the annual Miss Hong Kong and Miss Chinese International beauty pageants. The Miss Hong Kong Pageant ( or MSHK (港姐 for short is a Beauty pageant organized by the leading Hong Kong television station Television Broadcasts (TVB Miss Chinese International Pageant ( Chinese: before 2007 國際華裔小姐競選, 2007 onwards 國際中華小姐競選) or MSCI (Chinese A beauty contest or beauty pageant is a competition based mainly though not always entirely on the physical beauty of its contestants and often incorporating Personality Successful contestants may be offered TVB's contracts and represent Hong Kong to take part at world-class beauty contests, including the Miss World Pageant. The Miss World pageant is the oldest surviving major international Beauty pageant created in the United Kingdom by Eric Morley in 1951
TVB enjoys dominance of the television market in Hong Kong, but it is not considered the powerhouse it used to be. TVB City ( is the headquarters of Television Broadcasts Limited located at the Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, nearby Shaw Studios. It was started in 1965 as a competitor to what was then called Rediffusion Television, later to become ATV, a cable operator that charged subscription fees for its operation, and the only terrestrial competitor to TVB One of the first show launched was Enjoy Yourself Tonight in 1967. Rediffusion Television ( RTV) (zh-t 麗的電視有限公司 was the first Television station in Hong Kong, established in 1957, making Enjoy Yourself Tonight or EYT was a popular Variety show in Hong Kong.
TVB receives praise for its programming from a wide range of demographics, including the middle class, as was the case with its 2004 historical drama series War and Beauty. "MMIV" redirects here For the Modest Mouse album see " Baron von Bullshit Rides Again " War and Beauty (金枝慾孽 was a 30-episode TV series broadcasted in Hong Kong in 2004 by TVB Jade starring Sheren Tang, Gigi Lai Its program line-up features a steady stream of soap operas, variety shows and other populist fare. Its documentaries and news programming rarely feature serious analysis, skewing instead toward human interest stories.
TVB has been criticised for signing exclusive contracts with many local celebrities which restrict them from appearing on other local television stations. Hong Kong's Cable T. V. claims it is unfair competition (although Asia Television Ltd, another major television station in Hong Kong, disagrees). Asia Television Limited ( is one of the two free-to-air television broadcasters in Hong Kong, the other being its arch-rival Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB In fact, many artists do not have exclusive contracts with TVB and are free to show up in programmes produced by other local television stations or out-sourcing production houses.
The annual TVB Music Awards ceremony is one of the biggest for Cantopop personalities. Cantopop (Chinese 粵語流行曲 is a colloquial Portmanteau for " Cantonese popular music ". It is widely rumoured that TVB distributes the awards to those who are obedient to the company's demands, and the Independent Commission Against Corruption (Hong Kong) has investigated the arrangement of the awards. The Independent Commission Against Corruption ( ICAC;; and zh-t 總督特派廉政專員公署 before 1997 of Hong Kong was established by Governor  It ruled that three TVB staff members under scrutiny were not guilty. Afterwards, TVB reformed its music programs in a bid to reestablish their authority. 
On the other hand, TVB was awarded the National Association of Broadcasters's (NAB) International Broadcasting Excellence Award in 2001. National Association of Broadcasters (NAB is a trade association representing the interests of for-profit over-the-air radio and television broadcasters in the United States Year 2001 ( MMI) was a Common year starting on Monday according to the Gregorian calendar. The award recognised the company's outstanding contributions to the community through a wide range of charitable programs and activities. Hong Kong thus becomes the first city in Asia to receive this prestigious award in this area. 
In 2005, TVB, in association with the Hong Kong Jockey Club, organized the biggest fundraising campaign in the company's history in response to South-East Asia's recent tsunami. Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. The Hong Kong Jockey Club (HKJC) is one of the oldest institutions in Hong Kong, founded in 1884 to promote Horse racing. It raised over one hundred million Hong Kong dollars to assist those affected.
From 31st March 2008, TVBS-Europe launched their "Multi-channel" package in Europe. It consists of 5 different channels which include the existing TVBS-Europe Channel plus the addition of TVBN, TVB Entertainment News, TVB Classic and TVB Lifestyle. 
TVB was originally located on Broadcast Drive in Kowloon Tong, and was neighbours with RTHK and ATV. TVB City ( is the headquarters of Television Broadcasts Limited located at the Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate, nearby Shaw Studios. Tseung Kwan O (also called Junk Bay) is a bay in Sai Kung District, New Territories, Hong Kong, China. Broadcast Drive ( is a road in Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong. The road is notable as having played host to five broadcasting outlets in Hong Kong at one Kowloon Tong ( formerly Kau Lung Tong, is an area in Hong Kong. Radio Television Hong Kong ( RTHK) ( is a Public broadcasting organisation in Hong Kong that is operated as an independent department in the government Asia Television Limited ( is one of the two free-to-air television broadcasters in Hong Kong, the other being its arch-rival Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB By the late 1980s, the company had out-grown the facility at Broadcast Drive, and built a new studio complex, named T. The 1980s was the decade spanning from January 1 1980 to December 31 1989. V. City, at Clearwater Bay in Sai Kung. Sai Kung Town ( or simply Sai Kung (西貢/西贡 Pinyin: Xigong is a town on Sai Kung Peninsula, facing the Sai Kung Hoi (Inner Port Shelter
To cope with future development and expansion, TVB began planning in 1998 to develop a replacement facility at the Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate. Year 1998 ( MCMXCVIII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display full 1998 Gregorian calendar) Tseung Kwan O Industrial Estate ( Chinese 將軍澳工業邨 branded as 將軍澳工業園 is located in the southeast of the Tsueng Kwan O New Town, Sai Kung The new HK$2. 2 billion TVB City came into full operation in October 2003. Year 2003 ( MMIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar. The new headquarters are built on by far the largest piece of land ever leased by the then Hong Kong Industrial Estates Corporation and the first service-providing company in the area. It has a building area of over 110,000 square metres, 30% more than that of the previous facilities at Clearwater Bay. Studio 1 in TVB City, which can seat an audience of six hundred and thirty, is the largest television production studio among commercial television stations in Asia. 
TVB broadcasts several news programs, such as News at 6:30 (Jade) and News at 7:30 (Pearl). TVB News ( formally known as the News and Information Division (新聞及資訊部 is the newsgathering arm of Hong Kong 's Television Broadcasts Limited It also operates its own news channel, TVBN. (Chinese: 無綫新聞台; pinyin: wúxiàn xīnwéntái) and TVBN2 (Chinese: 無綫新聞二台; pinyin: wúxiàn xīnwénèrtái), through TVB Pay Vision (Chinese: 無綫收費電視; pinyin: wúxiàn shōufèi diànshì). Pinyin, more formally Hanyu pinyin, is the most common Standard Mandarin Romanization system in use Pinyin, more formally Hanyu pinyin, is the most common Standard Mandarin Romanization system in use Pinyin, more formally Hanyu pinyin, is the most common Standard Mandarin Romanization system in use
Notable shows from TVB
TVB is a major television-producer in Hong Kong, and its programs usually receive greater ratings than offerings from the other local television stations. Programmes broadcast by Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB form a major part of Popular culture in Hong Kong
- Racing Peak A popular series about a horse race company starring Felix Wong and Amy Chan. Felix Wong Yat-Wah ( Simplified Chinese: 黄日华 Traditional Chinese: 黃日華 Jyutping: Wong4 Yat9 Wa4 Pinyin: Huang2 Ri4 Hua2VietnameseHuỳnh
- A Kindred Spirit 真情 was a classic television drama series that was broadcast on TVB Jade in Hong Kong from May 15, 1995 to November 11, 1999. A Kindred Spirit (真情 was a Television Drama series that was broadcast on TVB Jade in Hong Kong from May 15 1995 to November Events 1252 - Pope Innocent IV issues the Papal bull Ad exstirpanda, which authorizes but also limits the Year 1995 ( MCMXCV) was a Common year starting on Sunday. Events of 1995 Events 308 - The Congress of Carnuntum: Attempting to keep peace within the Roman Empire, the leaders of the Tetrarchy declare Year 1999 ( MCMXCIX) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1999 Gregorian calendar) It is one of the longest running drama show in Hong Kong television history (the longest being the sitcom Hong Kong 81 series). It's exceptional longevity still amazes people in a city where scripted TV drama programs typically only last around twenty episodes, with the show running daily. The total number of episodes is 1,128.
- Super Trio Series 獎門人系列 Long running and popular variety game show since 1994. The Super Trio Series is a Hong Kong Variety show produced by TVB. Year 1994 ( MCMXCIV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display full 1994 Gregorian calendar)
- The Legend of the Condor Heroes 射雕英雄傳 (starring the famous on screen couple portrayed by Felix Wong Yat Wah and his co-star Barbara Yung Mei Ling)
- Return of the Condor Heroes 神雕俠侶 (a successful sequel to the first Condor series, starring Andy Lau and Idy Chan)
- The Bund 上海灘 (a classic series of the 1980s, starring a young Chow Yun-Fat, regarded by many as one of the best TVB series. The Legend of Condor Heroes ( is one of the most acclaimed Wuxia novels by Jinyong, first published in 1957 in Hong Kong Commercial Felix Wong Yat-Wah ( Simplified Chinese: 黄日华 Traditional Chinese: 黃日華 Jyutping: Wong4 Yat9 Wa4 Pinyin: Huang2 Ri4 Hua2VietnameseHuỳnh Barbara Yung Mei-ling ( 7 May 1959 – 14 May 1985) was a Chinese television Actress in Hong Kong during The Return of the Condor Heroes ( is a classic Wuxia novel written by Jin Yong, first published on May 20, 1959 in the first issue For the district in Shanghai after which the series is named see The Bund. Chow Yun-Fat SBS ( born May 18, 1955) is a Chinese Actor. He is one of the most famous actors in Asia and a Chow shot to stardom soon after. )
- Looking Back in Anger 義不容情 starring Felix Wong and Carina Lau (a classic, it had high ratings and was one of the most rented TVB series ever. Looking Back in Anger was a 1989 Chinese TV series and one of the most watched TVB series by Chinese people in Hong Kong and around the Felix Wong Yat-Wah ( Simplified Chinese: 黄日华 Traditional Chinese: 黃日華 Jyutping: Wong4 Yat9 Wa4 Pinyin: Huang2 Ri4 Hua2VietnameseHuỳnh Carina Lau Kar-ling (born December 8, 1965 in Suzhou, Jiangsu, China with family roots in Rongxian, Guangxi, It is also remembered for its tragic ending. )
- The Greed of Man 大時代 (One of the most controversial and culturally important shows in the early 1990s. The Greed of Man ( Traditional Chinese: 大時代 "Great Era" was a Drama Series that was broadcast by TVB in Hong Kong during Also remarkable for its effect on the stock market. )
- Detective Investigation Files 刑事偵輯檔案 (three installments, one spin-off, four seasons in total. Talks about a pair of detectives solving criminal cases within Hong Kong. )
- Files of Justice 壹號皇庭 (five seasons, a little similar to Law and Order, except that they actually spend more time on debating law-suits in the court)
- Secret of Heart 天地豪情 starring Gallen Lo, Felix Wong, Amy Kwok, Kathy Chow, Jessica Hsuan, Paul Chun (three seasons in one shot, sixty-one episodes. Felix Wong Yat-Wah ( Simplified Chinese: 黄日华 Traditional Chinese: 黃日華 Jyutping: Wong4 Yat9 Wa4 Pinyin: Huang2 Ri4 Hua2VietnameseHuỳnh Made the villain in the series, Nick Cheung) become a star and grabbed many awards for other fellow cast members. Not to be confused with Cheung Ka-Fai (film editor. Nick Cheung Ka-Fai (born December 2, 1964, though he may have been born
- Untraceable Evidence 鑑證實錄 (two seasons. It is remembered for its story-line along with forensic science, somewhat similar to the US CSI franchise)
- Cold Blood Warm Heart 天地男兒 (an all-time favourite classic remembered for its love triangle and plot with Gallen Lo, Julian Cheung Chilam, Nnadia Chen and Jessica Hsuan. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the The term " franchise " is commonly used to describe a number of related American Television programs created by Anthony E Cold Blood Warm Heart (天地男兒 is a TVB drama serial produced in 1995 )
- Healing Hands 妙手仁心 (remembered for its remarkable medical accuracy. Healing Hands (妙手仁心 is a 1998 Hong Kong medical drama series that ran on TVB Jade. It is similar to the United States series ER)
- At the Threshold of an Era 創世紀 (Two series in total, and is the biggest television production ever created in Hong Kong history. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the ER is an Emmy Award -winning American Medical drama series created by Novelist Michael Crichton and airing on At the Threshold of an Era ( Chinese:創世紀 was a Hong Kong epic drama series broadcast by TVB Jade Channel from late 1999 It was a celebration for the end of the twentieth century. )
- Armed Reaction 陀槍師姐 (Four seasons in total so far, which talks about the discrimination women face within the police force. Armed Reaction (Traditional Chinese 陀槍師姐 is a television series produced by Hong Kong 's TVB. )
- Journey to the West 西遊記 (one of the few TVB Jade programs to be dubbed in English and rebroadcast on TVB Pearl. Journey to the West ( 西遊記) is a 1996 Hong Kong TV series produced by TVB, based on the classic Chinese novel Tells the story of the Monkey King and his journey to retrieve the scrolls. Sun Wukong ( known in the West as the Monkey King, is the main character in the classical Chinese epic novel Journey to the West. It also helped relaunch Dicky Cheung's career. Dicky Cheung Wai Kin ( born on February 8, 1965) is a Hong Kong television actor )
- War of the Genders 男親女愛 (a long-running comedy series, starring the comedic Dayo Wong and Carol Cheng, which final episode scored the highest ratings in Hong Kong history at the time). War of the Genders (男親女愛 is a 100 episode Chinese comedy series produced by TVB. Dayo Wong Chi-Wah ( born September 5, 1960, is a Hong Kong Actor, Comedian, Singer and Screenwriter.
- Virtues of Harmony 皆大歡喜 (one of the longest running sitcoms in Hong Kong, a historical costume series with a modern-day spin-off)
- Gods of Honour 封神榜 (A popular drama about the life and trials of nezha before being a God, and battle of two sides against an evil concubine who titled herself as the Queen. Virtues of Harmony ( Traditional Chinese 皆大歡喜 ( Gai Dai Foon Hei) was a Sitcom produced by TVB. )
- War and Beauty 金枝慾孽 (a very popular drama which talks about how four women of the king battle psychological in order to achieve their own purpose by being the most beloved women of the King. War and Beauty (金枝慾孽 was a 30-episode TV series broadcasted in Hong Kong in 2004 by TVB Jade starring Sheren Tang, Gigi Lai Time was set at the Qing dynasty.
- Wars of In-Laws 我的野蠻奶奶 (The 2005 Best Series Award winner with a modern-day spin-off. Wars of In-Laws (Traditional Chinese) is a TVB costume comedy series broadcasted in July 2005. )
- La Femme Desperado 女人唔易做 (A series that deals with the social issues in today's society & was the 2006 Best Series Award winner. La Femme Desperado (Traditional Chinese) is a TVB modern drama series broadcasted in April 2006. )
- Heart of Greed 溏心風暴 (A very high rating series which was the 2007 Best Series Award winner. Heart of Greed (溏心風暴 is a high-rating and best series award winning, 40-episode Drama series which aired from April 9 to June )
Notable staff members
Management and behind the scenes
- Sir Run Run Shaw (邵逸夫) G. Sir Run Run Shaw CBE, GBM ( October 4, 1907) B. M. (Executive Chairman)
- Mona Fong (方逸華) (Deputy Chairwoman and Acting Managing Directress)
- Stephen Chan Chi Wan (陳志雲) General Manager
- Virginia Lok TVB's high executive
Actors (Past and present)
Actresses (Past and present)
- ^ The company registed on July 26, 1965 C. Stephen Chan Chi Wan, born 1957 is the General manager of Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB Au Yeung Chun Wah Bobby (歐陽震華 is an Emmy Award -nominated actor from Hong Kong Benny Chan Ho Man (born October 7 1969) is a Hong Kong Actor and Singer. Moses Chan (born April 16, 1971) is an actor from Hong Kong. Having started his career working mostly on films Chan has gained remarkable success in recent Kenneth Chan, aka Chan Kai Tai ( Traditional Chinese: 陳啟泰 Hanyu Pinyin: Chén Qǐtài, Cantonese: Chan4 Kai2taai3 Sunny Chan Kam-hung, born 1 January 1967, is a Hong Kong television actor Adam Cheng Siu-Chow (born February 24, 1947 in Hong Kong) is a popular TVB Actor and Singer in Hong Kong. Ekin Cheng Yee-Kin is a Hong Kong Actor and Cantopop Singer. Early in his career he used the name Dior (because that was what it Kevin Cheng (born August 15, 1969) also known as Ka-Wing, is a Hong Kong singer and television actor Dicky Cheung Wai Kin ( born on February 8, 1965) is a Hong Kong television actor Julian Cheung Chilam is a Singer and Hong Kong actor Early life At age 16 Chilam migrated to Sydney, Australia with his father Not to be confused with Cheung Ka-Fai (film editor. Nick Cheung Ka-Fai (born December 2, 1964, though he may have been born Chow Yun-Fat SBS ( born May 18, 1955) is a Chinese Actor. He is one of the most famous actors in Asia and a Stephen Chow Sing-Chi, born June 22 1962 is a Hong Kong Scriptwriter, Film director, producer and actor Patrick Dunn ( Traditional Chinese:鄧梓峰 is a well-known TV host or Master of Ceremonies (MC for TVB in Hong Kong. Leo Ku Kui-Kei is a Hong Kong Cantopop and Mandopop singer and actor Kwong Wah born 19 November, 1962) is a Hong Kong television star currently working for TVB. Louis Koo Tin-Lok, born October 21, 1970 in Hong Kong is a Chinese Actor. Aaron Kwok Fu-Shing (born October 26, 1965) is a popular Hong Kong Singer and film actor. Roger Kwok ()(born October 9 1964 is an actor for Hong Kong 's television station TVB. Chris Lai Lok Yi is a Hong Kong Actor under the contract of TVB. Wayne Lai Yiu-Cheung ( born May 4, 1964, is a Hong Kong TVB Actor. Bowie Lam Bo-Yee (Traditional Chinese: 林保怡 born September 4 1965 in Hong Kong is a famous Hong Kong television and movie star as Frankie Lam Man Lung is a Hong Kong Actor for TVB. He is married to TVB Actress Kenix Kwok. Gordon Lam Ka-Tung is a Hong Kong Actor known for his supporting roles in Films from the likes of Andrew Lau to Johnnie To. Raymond Lam Fung is a Hong Kong TVB actor and singer He was born into a wealthy family has a younger brother and sister Not to be confused with film director Andrew Lau. Andy Lau Tak-Wah MH, JP (born September 27 1961 is a Hong Kong Damian Lau (born October 14, 1949 in Hong Kong) is a Hong Kong Actor, Executive producer and Director. Hacken Lee (born 6 December 1967 is a award winning Hong Kong based Cantopop Singer, and Actor, Master of Ceremonies, Association Tony Leung Chiu-Wai ( born June 27, 1962) is a Cannes Film Festival and 5 times Hong Kong Film Award -winning Hong Kong Gallen Lo Ka-Leung is a Hong Kong Actor who primarily acts in television series Ray Lui Leung-Wai also known as Ray Liu, (born December 22, 1956) is a Hong Kong Actor, best known for his rise to fame with Joe Ma Tak-Chung ( born June 27, 1968) is a Hong Kong TVB Actor. Kenneth Ma ( Chinese: 馬國明 is a Hong Kong TVB Actor. He was born on 13 Feb 1974 Steven Ma ( (born October 26 1971 is a Hong Kong singer and TVB actor Michael Miu Kiu-Wai ( is a Hong Kong TVB Actor. Born in 1958 Michael Miu Kiu Wai entered the Hong Kong entertainment industry in 1980 joining TVB's Francis Ng Chun-Yu ( is a Hong Kong Actor (not to be confused with Singaporean actor Allan Wu who also has the same Chinese name Lawrence Ng Kai Wah (; born 19 May 1964) is a popular TV actor in Hong Kong. Ron Ng Cheuk Hei is a Hong Kong TVB actor and singer Early Childhood Ron Ng was born on September 2, 1979. Marco Ngai Chun Kit ( Traditional Chinese: 魏駿傑 is a successful actor in Hong Kong and has been in many TV series such as Flying Fox of Snowy Mountain 1997(or Patrick Tam Yiu Man (Chinese 譚耀文 (born March 19, 1969) is a Hong Kong Actor and Singer. Michael Tao Dai Yu ( Chinese: 陶大宇 born August 26, 1963) is a Hong Kong television actor Kenneth Tsang Kong ( Traditional Chinese: 曾江 born 1938 is a Hong Kong actor Kent Tong Chun Yip (Traditional - 湯鎮業 Simplified - 汤镇业）was born on September 19 1958 in Hong Kong, China Eric Tsang Chi-wai, MH (born April 14, 1953 in Hong Kong with family roots in Wuhua Guangdong, China) is a prolific Michael Tse Tin Wah, born, is a Hong Kong TVB Actor. Career highlights Michael Tse graduated from TVB's Dance Training Class and worked Patrick Tse Yin ( (born August 9, 1936 in Guangdong) is an Actor, producer, Screenwriter and director Bosco Wong ( born December 13, 1980 is a Hong Kong TVB Actor. Dayo Wong Chi-Wah ( born September 5, 1960, is a Hong Kong Actor, Comedian, Singer and Screenwriter. Felix Wong Yat-Wah ( Simplified Chinese: 黄日华 Traditional Chinese: 黃日華 Jyutping: Wong4 Yat9 Wa4 Pinyin: Huang2 Ri4 Hua2VietnameseHuỳnh Deric Wan Siu-Lun is a TVB, CCTV and STTV Hong Kong actor singer and Songwriter who has acted in many movies and TV series and Ha Yu (original name Wong Shing, 1946 is a Hong Kong actor who works on the network TVB. Flora Chan Wai-Shan is a Hong Kong television and film actress. Idy Chan Yuk Lin is a popular Hong Kong TV actresses, especially during the 1980s Nadia Chan Chung Ling is a Hong Kong actress and singer She started show business in 1985 at the age of 14 winning a Sally Yeh impersonation contest hosted by Monica Chan Fat-Yung (Chinese 陳法蓉 (born October 28 1967 is a Hong Kong Actress. Fala Chen ( born February 24, 1982) is a beauty pageant queen hailing from Georgia US. Angie Cheung Wai Yee (born November 4 1973 in Ipoh, Malaysia Traditional Chinese:張慧儀) is a Malaysian Chinese actress Maggie Cheung ( born September 20, 1964) is a Cannes Best Actress, Berlin Best Actress, six-time Hong Kong Film Award Maggie Cheung Ho-Yee ( Traditional Chinese: 張可頤 Pinyin: Zhāng Kěyí born 20 March 1970 in Hong Kong) not to be confused Angie Chiu ( Traditional Chinese: 趙雅芝 Pinyin: Zhào Yǎzhī born November 15, 1954 in Hong Kong is an Actress Bondy Hermie Chiu, also known as Chiu Hok Yee ( (born March 31, 1971 is a Actress and Singer with TVB in Hong Ada Choi Siu Fun ( born September 17, 1973) is a Hong Kong actress best known for her work for TVB television and to a lesser extent Niki Chow Lai-ki is a Hong Kong actress and Cantopop singer She was born and raised in Hong Kong Kathy Chow Hoi-Mei (周海媚 Pinyin: Zhou Haimei (born December 6, 1966) is a Hong Kong actress Linda Chung Ka-Yan ( (born April 9, 1984) was the 2004 Miss Chinese International Pageant winner and is now an Actress with TVB in Jessica Hester Hsuan, or Suen Huen ( syn hyn born August 18, 1970 in Hong Kong) is a Chinese Actress. Esther Kwan Wing-Ho ( born July 16, 1963 is a Hong Kong actress contracted to TVB. Susanna Kwan Kuk-ying is a famous 1970s-1980s Hong Kong female singer Kenix Kwok Ho Ying (born 27 November, 1969) is a Hong Kong Actress. Sonija Kwok ( born July 22, 1974) is a Hong Kong actress currently working for TVB. Anita Yuen Wing-Yi is a Hong Kong Film Gigi Lai (born October 1, 1971) is a Hong Kong actress under contract to the Hong Kong TVB television channel. Louise Lee Si-Kei (born September 26, 1950 in Hong Kong with family root in Tianjin) ( is a Hong Kong actress and former Selena Li, also known as Li Sze Wan ( Traditional Chinese: 李詩韻 born February 12, 1981) is a former Miss Hong Kong 2003 Bernice Jan Liu, also known as Liu Bik-Yee ( (born January 6, 1979 in Prince Rupert, BC, Canada with family root Annie Man Chung-Han ( born July 20, 1976, is an Actress from Hong Kong. Yoyo Mung Ka Wai (born August 3, 1975) is a Hong Kong actress working for Television Broadcasts Limited. Melissa Ng Mei Hang ( Traditional Chinese: 吳美珩 born 5 May 1972 in Zhongshan, Guangdong, China) is a TV actress in Charmaine Sheh Sze Man is a Hong Kong actress under contract to Hong Kong's Television Broadcast Limited or TVB. Lydia Shum Din-Ha, also known as Lydia Sum ( Chinese 沈[[wikt 殿|殿]] 霞; July 21, 1945 &mdash February 19 Nancy Sit ( Traditional Chinese: 薛家燕 born March 30, 1948) is a Hong Kong Actress on the TVB network Maggie Siu Mei-Kei (born 27 February 1965) is a prominent Hong Kong actress Louisa So Yuk Wa ( Born January 16 1968 in Hong Kong) is a Hong Kong actress in drama and TV series Joyce Tang Lai Ming ( born January 20, 1974 in Hong Kong) is an Actress of Television Broadcasts Limited ( TVB) Sheren Tang Shui Mun is a Hong Kong TVB actress and freelance artiste Angela Tong, born June 30, 1975 in Montreal Canada with family roots in Shunde, Guangdong, China, is a Hong Kong actress Leila Tong Ling (born December 5, 1981) is an Actress in Hong Kong. Kate Tsui Ji-San ( is a pageant winner and a TVB actress Education Tsui graduated from the University of California Davis with a major in Dr Elizabeth Wang, formally known as Dr Wang Ming-chun Elizabeth S Angel Wong Chui Ling ( or better known as Chui Ling to her many fans is a Hong Kong -born Malaysia -based TV and radio personality host Natalie Kei Ying Wong (Chinese name 黃𨥈瑩 sometimes credited as 黃紀瑩 or 黃釲瑩 born on July 15, 1976 in Hong Kong is a Chinese actress Myolie Wu is a Hong Kong actress for the popular Hong Kong TVB television station Michelle Yim (Chinese name 米雪 (Christian name Catherina Yim born September 2, 1955) is a Hong Kong Actress. Vivien Yeo ( Traditional Chinese: 楊秀惠 楊㛢僡) born July 20 1984 in Johor Bahru, Malaysia is a Malaysian actress under Eileen Yeow (born January 4 1972 in Singapore Traditional Chinese:姚瑩瑩 is a Singaporean actress based in Hong Kong Tavia Yeung is an actress born in Hong Kong August 30 1979 She has co-starred in numerous Hong Kong television series such as Heart of Greed, Dicey Business Shirley Yeung, born August 7, 1978, is a Hong Kong actress under contract to the TVB television channel Barbara Yung Mei-ling ( 7 May 1959 – 14 May 1985) was a Chinese television Actress in Hong Kong during TVB Jade ( is a flagship TV channel in Hong Kong, established by Television Broadcasts Limited. TVB Pearl ( is one of the two free television services in Hong Kong that mainly broadcast in the English language, the other being ATV World J2 (also known as Jade 2 is a TV Channel specially established by Television Broadcasts Limited for the new digital TV network in Hong Kong. This is a (incomplete list of companies from Hong Kong. Amoy Food Limited Ajiichiban Ality Asia Television Limited ( is one of the two free-to-air television broadcasters in Hong Kong, the other being its arch-rival Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB Events 657 - Battle of Siffin. 811 - Battle of Pliska; Byzantine Emperor Nicephorus Year 1965 ( MCMLXV) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full calendar of the 1965 Gregorian calendar. R. No:0011781（Television Broadcasts Limited）—The Cyber Search Centre of the Integrated Companies Registry Information System
- ^ a b c Corporate Information. Television Broadcasts Limited (2006). Retrieved on 2007-06-14. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. Events 1276 - While taking exile in Fuzhou in southern China, away from the advancing Mongol invaders, the remnants of the
- ^ Television Broadcasts Limited Provides Hong Kong's One-and-Only Free 24-Hour High Definition Channel. TVB (12/12/2007). Retrieved on 2007-12-12. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. Events 627 - Battle of Nineveh: A Byzantine army under Emperor Heraclius defeats Emperor Khosrau II 's Persian
- ^ Picture imperfect. The Standard (11/06/2007). The Standard ( is an English Free newspaper of Hong Kong. It was called the Hong Kong Standard and changed to HKiMail during the Internet Retrieved on 11/06/2007.
- ^ OFTA, HKSAR Government. "Technical Standard for Digital Terrestrial Television Broadcasting - Statement of the Telecommunications Authority", HKSAR Government, 4/6/07. Retrieved on 4/6/07.
- ^ Corporate Info. TVBI Company Limited (2007). Retrieved on 11/06/2007.
- ^ Stars arrested over 'rigged' awards. BBC (2004). Retrieved on 11/06/2007.
- ^ 舞影行動終止 何麗全曾國強陳家倫慶清白 (in simplied Chinese). 金羊網 (21/1/2005). Retrieved on 11/06/2007.
- ^ NAB International Broadcasting Excellence Award. National Association of Broadcasters. Retrieved on 2008-06-09. 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common Events 53 - Roman Emperor Nero marries Claudia Octavia 62 - Claudia Octavia commits
- ^ http://www.chinese-channel.co.uk/en/event_1_info.php?id=116
- ^ Grand Opening of Television Broadcasts Limited's TVB City A Significant Milestone of the Broadcasting and Production Industry in Hong Kong. TVB (12/10/2003). Retrieved on 11/06/2007.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |