Surprise may refer to:
- Surprise (emotion)
- Surprise party, a party of which the honored person is not told of beforehand. Surprise is a brief emotional state that is the result of experiencing an unexpected relevant event
- Surprise factor, the fundamental element in humor that puts a twist on familiar subjects
- Surprise, surprisal, or self-information, the information-theoretic quantity , where p is the probability of occurrence
- Ambush or military surprise, a military strategy to strike the enemy at a time or place or in a manner for which they are unprepared
In the United States:
- Television and film
Other uses The surprise factor is a technique used in Storytelling to produce a Visceral reaction from the audience In Information theory (elaborated by Claude E Shannon, 1948) self-information is a measure of the information content associated with the outcome An ambush is a long-established military tactic, in which the aggressors (the ambushing force use Concealment to attack a passing enemy Surprise is a city in Maricopa County, Arizona, USA. The population was 30848 at the 2000 census, however rapid growth has boosted the city's Surprise is an unincorporated town in Hamilton Township, Jackson County, Indiana. Surprise is a village in Butler County, Nebraska, United States. The Symphony No 94 in G major (Hoboken 1/94 is the second of the twelve so-called London symphonies (numbers 93-104 written by Joseph Haydn. Surprise is an Album released in 2006 by Paul Simon. Recorded in collaboration with producer Brian Eno, this is Paul Simon Surprise is Better Than Ezra 's first album The album was released on cassette only in December 1989 on Swell Records Surprise Records was a Record label subsidiary of Island Records. Surprise! is a 1995 short film by German director Veit Helmer Surprise is a Pixar animated short created in 1991 by Pixar Animation Studios for Sesame Street. (TRaumschiff Surprise - Periode 1 is a German movie made in 2004 by Michael Herbig. Thirteen ships of the British Royal Navy have been named HMS Surprise or HMS Surprize, including HMS ''Surprize'' Surprise Moriri (born March 20 1980 in Matibidi, Mpumalanga) is a South African Football (soccer Attacking midfielder
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- Something not expected.
- (attributively) Unexpected.
- The feeling that something unexpected has happened.
- (transitive) To cause (someone) to feel surprise.
- (transitive) To do something to (a person) that they are not expecting, as a surprise.
network: | |