StarHub Cable Vision Limited is the sole cable television operator in Singapore. Singapore A subsidiary of StarHub Limited, when StarHub acquired Singapore Cable Vision (SCV) in 2002, and now assumes ownership over the S$600 million broadband infrastructure built across the country by September 1999. StarHub Limited is a telecommunications company based in Singapore.
The company offers cable television services via the cable network which has been in operation since June 1995, but now under the name StarHub Digital Cable. It also provides this service via a wireless network, the Digital Terrestrial Television (DTTV) system. Digital Terrestrial Television ( DTTV or DTT) is an implementation of digital technology to provide a greater number of channels and/or better quality of picture and
The history of cable TV in Singapore started in June 1995 when the then Singapore Cable Vision (SCV) was licensed to establish a nationwide broadband cable network to provide pay-TV services. SCV also had the unprecedented responsibility of delivering terrestrial free-to-air (FTA) channels to Singapore households via its cable points, free-of-charge to viewers.
In September 1999, SCV completed the construction of its S$600 million network, and in recognition of its nationwide cabling effort, SCV was granted exclusivity in the provision of pay-TV services until June 2002. As the nation developed, Singaporeans began to embrace pay-TV as an additional source of lifestyle entertainment, in addition to other entertainment sources such as cinemas, Internet and DVD/VCD purchase/rentals.
In July 2002, StarHub completed its merger with Singapore Cable Vision which was renamed StarHub Cable Vision.
List of channels by StarHub CableTV
StarHub Digital Cable offers more than 100 over channels to choose from, special features, functions and services for their cable television subscription.
Free To Air Channels:
Complimentary International Channels:
Complimentary Starhub Channels:
- 001 - Preview Channel
- 288 - What's On
- 402 - HubTV
- 501 - Enhanced TV
- 046 - STAR Chinese Channel
- 049 - TVBS-NEWS
- 053 - TVB 8
- 056 - E City
- 256 - E City (+2) (timeshift channel of E City, broadcasting 2 hours later. MediaCorp TV's Channel 5 (五频道 before 2005 zh 第五波道 is a 24-hour English-language Television channel based in Singapore. MediaCorp TV Channel 8 ( Chinese: 八频道 Before 2005 第八波道 is a Mandarin Chinese general entertainment Television channel in Suria (朝阳频道 is a Malay-language channel featuring local and acquired Malay dramas and popular Programmes. MediaCorp TV12 's Central (聚点频道 was launched on 30 January 2000 replacing Premiere 12 MediaCorp ( is a state-owned group of commercial media companies in Singapore specialising primarily in Television and Radio Broadcasting Channel NewsAsia ( abbreviated CNA is a pan-Asian news channel based in Singapore and owned by MediaCorp. MediaCorp TV's Channel U (U频道 Pinyin: U Pín Dào is the second Chinese-language channel in Singapore and was inaugurated on Radio Televisyen Malaysia 1 or RTM1 (formerly TV1) is a Television station in Malaysia that is owned by the Malaysian Government Deutsche Welle ('Welle' pronounced with a 'v' sound IPA /'vɛlə/ or DW, is Germany's international broadcaster. For the international Romanian language channel TVR Internaţional see TVRi Televisi Republik Indonesia ( TVRI) is the oldest television station The Australia Network, originally Australia Television and later ABC Asia Pacific, is a Free-to-air international satellite television service KBS World is an international broadcasting service provided by Korean Broadcasting System. History, formerly known as The History Channel, is a Satellite and Cable TV channel, with shows on historical events and persons&mdashoften Animal Planet is an American Satellite and Cable Television channel (also broadcast via IPTV in the UK) launched on National Geographic Channel, also called Nat Geo, is a subscription television network that features Documentaries produced by the National Geographic Society Discovery Channel is an American Satellite and Cable TV channel (also delivered via IPTV, Terrestrial television and Discovery Travel & Living is a channel from Discovery Communications. CNN International (CNNI is an English language Television network that is commonly referred to as CNN and carries news current affairs and business programming CNBC Asia is a Business News channel in Asia. A subsidiary of NBC Universal, it is the Asian service of the Consumer News and Business Bloomberg Television is a network that airs Business and Financial news 24 hours a day and is distributed globally on ten separate channels CCTV International or CCTV-9 is a news entertainment and Educational television channel originating in the People's Republic of China that plays The Hallmark Channel is a Cable television network that broadcasts in over 100 countries STAR World is an Asian English language cable and Satellite television owned by STAR TV. AXN Asia is a pay-tv cable and satellite TV channel which is owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment. MTV Southeast Asia is a 24-hour Music / Entertainment television network owned by MTV Networks Asia Pacific, a division of Viacom. See also Nickelodeon (TV channel Nickelodeon South East Asia is a satellite and cable TV channel for Children and teenagers Disney Channel Asia airs on most parts of SouthEast Asia namely the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Vietnam, Playhouse Disney in Asia was launched in 2006. Formerly a programming block on Disney Channel Asia Weekdays from Noon to 200 PM Cartoon Network is a cable and satellite Television channel created by Turner Broadcasting, a unit of Time Warner which primarily STAR Chinese Channel is the Mandarin general entertainment channel in Taiwan. TVBS-NEWS is a satellite cable news television channel in Taiwan, launched on October 2, 1995. Television Broadcasts Limited ( commonly known as TVB, was the first over-the-air commercial Television station in Hong Kong. )
Star Chinese Movies Pack:
The HBO Pak:
Games & Services:
Games & Services II:
- 030 - UEFA EURO 2008™ StarHub Premium (from June 8th till 30th)
- 118 - UEFA EURO 2008™ StarHub Tactical (from June 8th till 30th)
- 119 - UEFA EURO 2008™ StarHub Highlights (from June 8th till 30th)
- 120 to 159 - Demand TV (Pay-Per-View)
- 304 - UEFA EURO 2008™ StarHub HD (from June 8th till 30th)
Services & Features
- Demand TV (ppv. Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings Ltd or Phoenix Television ( Simplified Chinese: 凤凰卫星电视 Traditional Chinese:鳳凰衛星電視 Hanyu MTV Southeast Asia is a 24-hour Music / Entertainment television network owned by MTV Networks Asia Pacific, a division of Viacom. Chung T'ien Television (CTi TV) is a nationwide Cable TV network based in Taiwan. TVBS-Asia is a satellite cable channel operated by TVBS in Taiwan, launched on June 2 1997 but only broadcasts abroad Asian Food Channel (AFC is the first 24-hour Asian food TV channel in the region launched in August 2005 Discovery Home & Health is a television channel based in the United Kingdom. Discovery science (also known as discovery-based science) is a Scientific methodology which emphasizes analysis of large volumes of experimental data with the Discovery Real Time is a male oriented factual television channel produced by Discovery Networks Europe. E! Entertainment Television (or simply E!) is an American Cable television and Direct broadcast satellite network The Biography Channel (or simply bio) is an American Digital cable Television channel owned by A&E and based on the television For the original Boomerang channel see Boomerang (TV channel. Turner Classic Movies ( TCM) is a cable television channel featuring commercial -free classic movies mostly from the Turner Entertainment and Warner MGM Networks is a Subsidiary of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc It manages MGM interests in Cable television, Satellite television, other FX (for Fox eXtended is the name of a number of related subscription TV channels owned by News Corporation 's Fox Entertainment Group. National Geographic Adventure, formerly known as Adventure One (A1 but now commonly known as Nat Geo Adventure, is a subscription TV channel part of National National Geographic Wild, commonly referred to as Nat Geo Wild, is a subscription TV channel Crime & Investigation Network is an Asian television channel It was launched on June 15 2007 by AETN All Asia Networks a joint-venture between A&E Television Networks and See also Animax Animax Asia is the Japanese Anime TV network Animax ' s English language feeds in Southeast Asia Channel ' is the brand name for multiple international Music television networks owned by STAR TV. Fox Crime is a Television network, launched by the Fox Broadcasting Company, which airs across several countries of Europe and Asia such as Italy, Universal Channel is a television channel specializing in movies and television series in the thriller, drama, horror, crime and investigation AXN Beyond is a Pay-TV Cable and Satellite TV channel owned by the Sony Pictures Entertainment - Asia-Pacific, is a spin-off of the Sky News is a rolling TV news channel providing 24 hour news coverage including the latest breaking news Headline News is a Spin-off network from the original Cable News Network ( CNN) television news network in the United States. Channel ' is the brand name for multiple international Music television networks owned by STAR TV. Channel ' is the brand name for multiple international Music television networks owned by STAR TV. Xing Kong is a Mandarin language TV channel owned by STAR TV, also known as STAR Chinese Channel China, It was voted "Satellite Channel of the Phoenix InfoNews Channel is one of the five channels that Phoenix Television operates Japan Entertainment Television, or JET TV, is a television station in Taiwan that broadcasts programs relating to aspects of Japanese culture TTV World ( is a television channel operated by Taiwan Television (TTV in Taiwan, launched on October 25, 2005, but only broadcasts abroad Television Broadcasts Limited ( commonly known as TVB, was the first over-the-air commercial Television station in Hong Kong. Television Broadcasts Limited ( commonly known as TVB, was the first over-the-air commercial Television station in Hong Kong. ESPN, originally an acronym for Entertainment and Sports Programming Network, is an American Cable television network dedicated to STAR Sports is a cable sports network owned by STAR TV. It shows sports programs The Golf Channel, sometimes abbreviated as TGC, is an American Cable television network with coverage focused on the game of Golf. The Football Channel is a 24/7 football that shows coverage of the Barclays Premier League, coupled with football review shows and more such as club channels Eurosport is the largest European sports Satellite and cable network available in 54 countries and broadcasting in 20 different languages Eurosport is the largest European sports Satellite and cable network available in 54 countries and broadcasting in 20 different languages GOALTV is a dedicated football network offering Asian audiences coverage of top European soccer GOALTV is a dedicated football network offering Asian audiences coverage of top European soccer STAR Vijay is a popular Indian entertainment channel broadcasting in Tamil. Sun TV is a regional Tamil language Indian Cable television station BabyTV is a 24 hour commercial-free television service dedicated to infants and Toddlers under three years old STAR Plus is India 's most watched and #1 Hindi language based general entertainment television channel CCTV-4 (中国中央电视台国际频道 is the international broadcast for CCTV International in the Mandarin language. TVB Jade ( is a flagship TV channel in Hong Kong, established by Television Broadcasts Limited. VV+3 logojpg|Logo of VV drama +3]] VV drama is a cable Television Starhub Cable Vision channel 55 which belongs to Starhub. Cinemax Asia is the secondary channel of HBO which only features action and Suspense movies Celestial Movies is a 24-hour global Chinese movie channel launched in March 2003. STAR Chinese Movies is a Chinese movie channel It features Chinese films with Chinese stars including Jacky Chan, Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Andy VV+3 logojpg|Logo of VV drama +3]] VV drama is a cable Television Starhub Cable Vision channel 55 which belongs to Starhub. Sensasi - which means ' Sensation ' in Malay, is the first and only dedicated Malay Entertainment channel that showcases a large variety of programmes STAR Movies is an Asian movie channel owned by STAR TV. It features movies from American film companies such as Disney, 20th Century Fox, HBO Asia is a franchise of HBO in Asia HBO Asia is a joint venture of media giants Viacom (25% and Time Warner (75% STAR Chinese Movies is a Chinese movie channel It features Chinese films with Chinese stars including Jacky Chan, Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Andy STAR Chinese Movies is a Chinese movie channel It features Chinese films with Chinese stars including Jacky Chan, Chow Yun Fat, Michelle Yeoh, Andy HBO Asia is a franchise of HBO in Asia HBO Asia is a joint venture of media giants Viacom (25% and Time Warner (75% HBO Signature is a multiplex channel of Home Box Office (HBO an American premium cable television network HBO Hits is a Multiplex channel of HBO in Asia featuring Hollywood blockbuster movies regardless of genre HBO Family is an American premium cable television network from sister station HBO. NHK World is the international broadcasting service of NHK (Nippon Hōsō Kyōkai or Japan Broadcasting Corporation Japan's public broadcaster. The Filipino Channel ( TFC) is an international Filipino broadcasting service owned by the ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corporation STAR Gold is a Hindi movie channel that is part of the STAR TV network and is owned by News Corporation. TV5MONDE (formerly known as TV5) is a global Television network broadcasting several channels of French language programming This article is about the worldwide television speciality channel For the Canadian television speciality channel see FashionTelevisionChannel, for the Canadian television program Zee TV is an India -based Satellite television channel in the Zee Network umbrella which carries broadcasts in Hindi and other regional For Indian Programming see Sony Entertainment Television (India Sony Entertainment Televison Asia is an international general entertainment channel owned Asianet is one of the leading Television channel companies in Kerala, India. PT Media Nusantara Citra ( MNC) is a media Company in Indonesia founded in July 2005 Arirang TV ( Korean: 아리랑 TV is an international English-language network based in Seoul, South Korea, operated by The Korea International Broadcasting NEO Cricket is an Indian pay television channel launched by Nimbus Communications on October 1 2006 Part of the ESPN-STAR network STAR Cricket is a 24-hour cricket channel targeting South Asian audiences owned by STAR TV. National Geographic Channel HD in the USA is a high definition simulcast of the National Geographic Channel. Discovery HD is the international name of the high-definition Television channels from Discovery Communications. Voice of America ( VOA) is the official external radio and Television broadcasting service of the United States federal government. Azio TV ( is a satellite cable channel operated by Era Television in Taiwan. TVBS-NEWS is a satellite cable news television channel in Taiwan, launched on October 2, 1995. The Soundtrack Channel ( STC) is a 24 hour cable and satellite channel which features various Film and Television music Zone Reality (formerly Reality TV) is a European Reality television channel Eastern Television (ETTV) is a nationwide Cable TV network in Taiwan that is operated by the Eastern Broadcasting Group, which also operates the vod - Pay Per View Video On-Demand)
- Smart TV (TV Recording Features + Interactive Features) (HubStation)
- Free SurfLite 1000 (Download: 1 Mbit/s Upload: 256kbit/s) (HubStation)
- Digital Voice Travel (HubStation)
- iMail (Email) (HubStation)
- Chat/SMS (HubStation)
Types of Set-top Boxes
- HubStation (DVR/Smart TV)
- High Definition (HD)
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |