Sound system may refer to:
- sound reinforcement system, a system for amplifying audio for an audience. A sound reinforcement system is an arrangement of Microphones electronic Signal processors Amplifiers and Loudspeakers that makes live or pre-recorded
- sound system (DJ), a group of DJs contributing and working together as one. A sound system is a group of DJs and engineers contributing and working together as one often playing and producing one particular kind of Music.
- Sound system (Jamaican) is a group of disc jockeys, engineers and MCs playing ska, rocksteady or reggae music. In the context of Jamaican Popular culture, a sound system is a group of Disc jockeys engineers and MCs playing Ska, A disc jockey (also known as DJ or deejay) is a person who selects and plays recorded music for an audience Audio engineering is a part of audio science dealing with the recording and reproduction of Sound through mechanical and electronic means Ska ( pronounced /ska/ or in Jamaican Patois /skja/ is a Music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s and which was the precursor Rocksteady is a Music genre that was most popular in Jamaica, starting around 1966 and its Reggae successor was established around 1968 Reggae is a Music genre first developed in Jamaica in the late 1960s
- A high fidelity sound system. High fidelity or hi-fi reproduction is a term used by home stereo listeners and home audio enthusiasts ( Audiophiles to refer to high-quality reproduction
- Sound System is a song written by the ska punk band called Operation Ivy. Operation Ivy was an influential Ska punk and Hardcore punk band formed in the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Sound System Records, an Australian indie record label. Sound System Records is an Australian Independent record label that is probably best known for being the label of prominent Australian ska outift The An independent record label (or indie record label) is a Record label operating without the funding of or outside the organizations of the Major record labels
- Sound-System (album), a 1984 Jazz/R&B album by Herbie Hancock. Sound-System is the thirty-sixth Album by Herbie Hancock and the second of three albums with the Rockit Band Jazz is an American Musical art form which originated in the beginning of the 20th century in African American communities in the Southern United States Herbert Jeffrey Hancock ("Herbie" born April 12 1940 is a Jazz Pianist and Composer.
- LCD Soundsystem, a musical project headed by US dance-punk musician James Murphy (electronic musician). LCD Soundsystem is the musical project of producer James Murphy, co-founder of Dance-punk label DFA Records. Dance-punk (also known as disco-punk, punk-funk and indie-dance) is a Music James Murphy is a musician producer DJ, and co-founder of Dance-punk label DFA Records.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |