Front of Power Player Super Joy III box
Back of Power Player Super Joy III box
The Power Player Super Joy III consoles (also known as Power Games and XA-76-1E) are a line of unauthorized handheld Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom clones manufactured by NRTRADE that are sold in North America, Brazil, Europe, Asia, and Australia. The Nintendo Entertainment System (often abbreviated as NES or simply Nintendo) is an 8-bit Video game console that was released by The Nintendo Entertainment System (often abbreviated as NES or simply Nintendo) is an 8-bit Video game console that was released by Owing to the popularity and longevity of the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES known in Japan as the Family Computer or Famicom the system would become one of the world's |utc_offset = -2 to -4 |time_zone_DST = BRST |utc_offset_DST = -2 to -5 |cctld For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics. The system resembles a Nintendo 64 controller and attaches to a TV set. The, often abbreviated as N64, is Nintendo 's third home Video game console for the international market NTSC, PAL and SÉCAM versions are available. NTSC ( National Television System Committee) is the Analog television system used in the United States, Canada, Japan, Mexico PAL, short for Phase Alternating Line, is a colour -encoding system used in Broadcast television systems in large parts of the world SECAM, also written SÉCAM ( Séquentiel couleur à mémoire, French for "Sequential Color with Memory" is an analog color television system They all use a custom "NES-on-a-chip" (NOAC) that is an implementation of the NES's hardware (Custom 6502, PPU, PAPU, etc).
The consoles come with 76 built-in games, although marketing frequently claims to have 1,000+ ways of playing them. Most of the included games were originally released for the NES or Famicom, but some have been created by the manufacturer to expand their list of included games. Most of the games have had their title screen graphics removed to save space on the ROM chip, not to mention a company logo removal trick for reduced liability.
After this product gained some popularity, the Power Player 3. 5, an improved model with more games, was released. A wireless version of Power Games was also released.
When Nintendo discovered this product, they began taking strong legal action against importers and sellers of the consoles, and have obtained a temporary injunction against the import and sale of video game systems containing counterfeit versions of Nintendo games. is a Multinational corporation headquartered in Kyoto Japan founded on An injunction is an Equitable remedy in the form of a Court order, whereby a party is required to do or interact with in certain ways all right or to refrain from
As of Spring 2005, NrTrade quit selling these products, however they still retain stock by other companies. These are still in production in China by Eittek but not massively distributed. China ( Wade-Giles ( Mandarin) Chung¹kuo² is a cultural region, an ancient Civilization, and depending on perspective a National On December 16, 2005, the FBI executed search warrants at two kiosks at the Mall of America and also searched storage facilities rented by Yonathan Cohen, 27, an owner of Perfect Deal LLC of Miami, Florida. Mall of America (also MOA, MoA or the Megamall) is a super-regional shopping mall located in the Twin Cities suburb of Bloomington  The consoles, purchased wholesale at $7 to $9 each, sold for $30 to $70 each.  After confiscating 1,800 units of Power Player, each containing 76 copyrighted video-game titles belonging primarily to Nintendo or its licensees, Cohen was charged in Minneapolis, Minnesota in January 2005 with federal criminal infringement of copyright for selling Power Player video games at kiosks at the Mall of America and other malls across the nation. Copyright is a legal concept enacted by Governments, giving the creator of an original work of authorship Exclusive rights to control its distribution usually for  In April 2005, Cohen pleaded guilty to selling pirated video games. 
Nine days after Cohen's guilty plea, 40 FBI agents arrested four Chinese nationals working in an international piracy ring and seized 60,000 pirated Nintendo Power Player consoles in searches in Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan and Maple Shade, New Jersey. Brooklyn (named after the Dutch town Breukelen) is one of the five boroughs of New York City. Manhattan Island, in New York Harbor, is much the largest part of the Borough of Manhattan, one of the Five Boroughs which form the City of New York Maple Shade Township is a Township in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States. 
In November 2005, Cohen was sentenced to five years in federal prison and required to run ads in mall magazines to tell the public how he illegally sold knockoff video games at Mall of America kiosks. 
Several shopping malls quit selling these products but despite that the product is still sold by other dealers (e. g. flea markets). A flea market or swap meet is a type of Bazaar where inexpensive or secondhand goods are sold or bartered
Power Player Super Joy III System
- See Nintendo Entertainment System's technical specifications for more info. The Nintendo Entertainment System (often abbreviated as NES or simply Nintendo) is an 8-bit Video game console that was released by
- Can support Japanese Famicom cartridges (cartridge slot may not be present on some models).
- has composite and audio outputs. Composite video is the format of an Analog television (picture only signal before it is combined with a sound signal and modulated onto an RF
- Is able to run unlicensed NES/Famicom games.
List of built-in games
- On version 3. 0 of PPSJ, all these items duplicated themselves circa 1000 times hence the claim to have 76,000 games built in, however version 3. 5 has a more honest description and uses the titles once.
- More games can be played if a Famicom cartridge is inserted or a NES cartridge with an import adaptor is used.
- Many of the game titles in the system menu are abbreviated, misspelled, use alternate names for the game, or are simply wrong (e. g. Burgertime and Pacman). In this list, an effort has been made to use the proper name for the games, with the PPSJ menu name in parenthesis for known differences.
- This game incorporates menu selection sounds from the game Action 52. ACTION 52 is a Multicart consisting of 52 individual and original Video games released in 1991 for the Nintendo Entertainment System and
Built-in games include:
- 10-Yard Fight
- Aladdin III (a. 1942 is a vertically scrolling Shoot 'em up made by Capcom that was released for the arcade in. Aladdin and the King of Thieves is a Direct-to-video Animated film made by Disney, released on August 13, 1996. k. a. "Magic Carpet 1001", taken directly from the "Caltron/Myriad 6-in-1" cartridge)
- Antarctic Adventure (listed as "ANTARCTIC")
- Arkanoid (listed as "ARKONOID")
- Balloon Fight
- Battle City (in the ROM, the title screen says Tank A 1990 or Tank M 1990, and in the game selection menu, it is listed multiple times, as both "DESERT TANK" and "SPEED TANK")
- Binary Land (listed as "BINARY & LAND")
- Bird Week
- Championship Lode Runner (listed as "LODE RUNNER 2")
- Circus Charlie (also listed as "TOY STORY" and "CIRCUS CHABLIF")
- Clay Shoot (listed as "CLAY SHOOTING") was actually part of Duck Hunt. Caltron was a Taiwan -based Video game company whose only Video game they developed and published was an unlicensed compilation titled Caltron 6–in–1 Antarctic Adventure, known in Japan as Kekkyoku Nankyoku Daibōken (けっきょく南極大冒険 is a videogame developed by Konami Arkanoid is an Arcade game developed by Taito in 1986 It is based upon Atari 's Breakout games of the 1970s is a Video game developed by Nintendo. The arcade version (Nintendo VS Battle City (known as Tank in some regions is a Multi-directional shooter Video game for the NES/Famicom produced Battle City (known as Tank in some regions is a Multi-directional shooter Video game for the NES/Famicom produced Battle City (known as Tank in some regions is a Multi-directional shooter Video game for the NES/Famicom produced Binary Land is a game developed by Hudson Soft in for the MSX, FM-7, NEC PC-6001, NEC PC-8801, and in for the Famicom Bird Week is a Famicom Life simulation game. The player plays as a bird and can either play the normal game or the study game is an arcade -style Maze -based Video game developed by Hudson Soft. Circus Charlie is an action / Platform game originally released by Konami in which you control a Clown named Charlie is a Video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES game console system in which players use the NES Zapper to shoot ducks on screen for points
- Clu Clu Land
- Devil World
- Dig Dug
- Door Door
- Donkey Kong, Jr. (listed as "DONKEY KONG 2" and "MONKEY")
- Donkey Kong, Jr. Math (listed as "CALCULATOR")
- Duck Hunt
- Elevator Action
- F-1 Race
- Field Combat (listed as "COMBAT")
- Formation Z
- Front Line
- Galaga (as "GALAZA")
- Gomoku Narabe (listed as "Chess", "Five Chess" or "Chinese Chess")
- Raid on Bungeling Bay (listed as "Helicopter" or "Raid on Bay")
- Hogan's Alley
- Ice Climber
- Karateka (listed as "Tekken")
- Lunar Pool (listed as "LUNAR BALL")
- Magic Jewelry (listed incorrectly as Magic Man)
- Mario Bros.
- Mappy (listed incorrectly as "PACMAN")
- Mighty Bomb Jack
- Ninja Kun (listed incorrectly as "Ninja I")
- Nuts & Milk (listed incorrectly as "Milk & Nuts")
- Brush Roller (listed as "Brush Roll" and "Paint")
- Road Fighter
- Sky Destroyer
- Space Invaders (listed as "SPACE ET")
- Spartan X (listed as "SPARTANX," more commonly known as "Kung Fu Master")
- Star Force
- Defender 2 (Listed as Star Gate)
- Super Arabian (listed as "ARABIAN")
- Super Dynamix
- Super Mario Bros. (listed as "Super Mario")
- M.U.S.C.L.E. (listed as "WWF")
- Tetris (Tengen game) (as "Tetris 2")
- Urban Champion
- Warpman (listed incorrectly as "BURGERTIME")
- Wild Gunman
- World Soccer
- Yie-Ar Kung Fu (listed as "King of Fighter")
- ^ a b St. Paul Pioneer Press (January 20, 2005) Knockoff games allegedly sold at mall. is an arcade and Nintendo Entertainment System game released in 1985 and was later released in North America on the Wii Virtual Console on September released as Probotector in Europe and Oceania, is an Arcade game released in 1987 by the Konami corporation is a Famicom game developed by Nintendo, and released in Japan on October 5, 1984, and later released in Europe Dig Dug is an Arcade game released by Namco in 1982 for Namco Galaga hardware is a Japanese developed Computer puzzle game designed by Koichi Nakamura and published by Enix. For the character of the same name see Donkey Kong Junior. is a 1982 arcade -style platform Video game by Nintendo is a Nintendo Edutainment Video game where the player must solve math problems in order to win is a Video game for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES game console system in which players use the NES Zapper to shoot ducks on screen for points is a 1983 Arcade game by Taito. It debuted during the " Golden Age of Arcade Games " is a Motocross racing Video game franchise made by Nintendo. It first debuted as a game for the Famicom in Japan in 1984 for a price of Exerion is a vertical Shoot 'em up released by Jaleco in 1983. F-1 Race is a racing game released in 1984 for the Famicom in Japan only Field Combat is a Famicom game in which the player fights as a single Commanding officer in a generic Futuristic battlefield Front Line is a Military Combat -themed Arcade game released in 1982 by Taito Corporation. Galaga is a Fixed shooter Arcade game and the sequel to Galaxian. Golf is a Sports -simulation Video game released in 1985 for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Raid on Bungeling Bay was the first Video game designed by Will Wright. (Vs Hogan's Alley is a 1984 Arcade game by Nintendo. It was one of the first games to use a Light gun as an input device is a vertical platformer developed and published by Nintendo for the release of the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1985 Joust is an Arcade game produced by Williams Electronics in 1982 Karateka is a 1984 Computer game by Jordan Mechner, the creator of Prince of Persia. For other meanings see Tekken. Tekken is a Fighting game and is the first of the series of the same name Lunar Pool is a rough simulation of Pocket billiards (pool combined with aspects of Miniature golf, created by Compile for the Nintendo is an Anime Television series According to story creator Shoji Kawamori, it depicts "a small love triangle against the backdrop of great battles" Magic Jewelry is a Taiwanese puzzle game for the Famicom, programmed by Hwang Shinwei. is an Arcade game published and developed by Nintendo in 1983. Mappy is a 1983 Arcade game by Namco. In the US, it was manufactured and distributed by Bally/Midway. is an Arcade game developed by Namco and licensed for distribution Mighty Bomb Jack is an Arcade game that was later released for the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES in 1987 by Tecmo, and Millipede is a 1982 Arcade game by Atari Inc and is the sequel to the arcade hit Centipede. is a platform -style Puzzle game developed and published by Japanese Software developer Hudson Soft in 1983. Make Trax is an Arcade game introduced by Williams in 1981. It is a maze-themed game which is similar to Pac-Man. Pinball is a 1984 Arcade game created by Nintendo. It was Ported to the Nintendo Entertainment System later that year Pooyan is a classic Arcade game manufactured by Stern Electronics under license from Konami in 1982. is a 1982 Arcade game developed by Ikegami Tsushinki and released by Nintendo based on the Popeye comic/cartoon characters licensed Road Fighter in Japanese is a car-based Arcade game developed by Konami and released in 1984 Sky Destroyer is a Videogame in which the player controls a WWII Japanese monoplane is an arcade Video game designed by Tomohiro Nishikado, and released in 1978 The fictional character Shang-Chi is also known as The Master of Kung Fu The fictional character Shang-Chi is also known as The Master of Kung Fu is a Side-scrolling Shooter game published in 1986 by Irem for the Nintendo Entertainment System. Star Force is a vertical Scrolling shooter Arcade video game made in 1984 by Tecmo. Stargate is an Arcade game released in 1981 by Williams Electronics. is a platform Arcade game created in by Sun Electronics and published by Atari Inc. is a Platform game developed by Nintendo in late 1985 and published for the Nintendo Entertainment System, a sequel to the 1983 game Mario MUSCLE, ( M illions of U nusual S mall C reatures L urking E verywhere was a toyline of 2-inch tall monochromatic World Wrestling Entertainment Inc ( WWE) is a publicly traded privately controlled integrated media (focusing in Television, Internet, Tennis is a Video game released for the Nintendo Entertainment System in 1984 Tetris (Тетрис is a Video puzzle game originally designed and programmed by Alexey Pajitnov in June 1985 while working for the Dorodnicyn "Twinbee" redirects here For an overview of the TwinBee series see TwinBee (series. Urban Champion (アーバンチャンピオン is a 2-player Fighting game produced by Nintendo in 1985. is a Multi-directional shooter Arcade game that was released by Namco in 1981. BurgerTime is a 1982 Japanese Arcade game created by Data East Corporation for its DECO Cassette System. is a light gun game created by Nintendo. Gameplay The original version was one of Nintendo's early electro-mechanical Arcade games released in is a video game where the main character named Oolong (written 烏龍/ Wūlóng --and meaning "black dragon"-- in Chinese, and ウーロン/ Ūron in The St Paul Pioneer Press is a Newspaper based in St Paul Minnesota, primarily serving the Twin Cities metropolitan area Section: Local; Page B6
- ^ a b St. Paul Pioneer Press (April 5, 2005) Man pleads guilty in pirated game sales. The St Paul Pioneer Press is a Newspaper based in St Paul Minnesota, primarily serving the Twin Cities metropolitan area Section: Local; Page B3
- ^ Gearty, Robert. (April 14, 2005) New York Daily News Video game pirates sunk. Section:News; Page 32
- ^ Business Wire (April 15, 2005) Nintendo Applauds the FBI -- Four Arrested for Allegedly Distributing Pirated Nintendo Products.
- ^ St. Paul Pioneer Press (November 19, 2005) Man gets five years in video game fraud. The Daily News of New York City is the fifth most-widely circulated daily Newspaper in the United States with a daily circulation of 703137 Business Wire is a company that disseminates full-text News releases from thousands of companies and organizations worldwide to News media, financial markets The St Paul Pioneer Press is a Newspaper based in St Paul Minnesota, primarily serving the Twin Cities metropolitan area Section: LOCAL; Page 5B
External links The Yobo FC Game Console (known as the Neo Fami in Asia is a compact Famiclone measuring just 143x147x47mm which lacking a 10NES chip can play most (but Generation NEX is a Nintendo Entertainment System (NES hardware clone released in 2005. Owing to the popularity and longevity of the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES known in Japan as the Family Computer or Famicom the system would become one of the world's The Pocket Fami, also known as Pocket Famicom (although this name was never used by the manufacturers as Famicom is a trademark of Nintendo) and Pokefami Polystation is the name given to many PlayStation -like Nintendo Entertainment System hardware clones.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |