November 1999 : January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - September - October - November - December
- November 5 - United States v. Microsoft: US District Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson issues a preliminary ruling that the software company Microsoft had "monopoly power" (on April 3, 2000 Jackson found that Microsoft violated the Sherman Anti-Trust Act). Events in November All Saints' Day (formerly All Hallows Day a Christian holy day is celebrated on November 1, the day after Halloween Year 1999 ( MCMXCIX) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1999 Gregorian calendar) January 1999 was a month with thirty-one days The following events also occurred during the month February 1999 was a month with twenty-eight days The following events also occurred during the month March 1999 was a month with thirty-one days The following events also occurred during the month April 1999 was a month with thirty days The following events also occurred during the month May 1999 was a month with thirty-one days The following events also occurred during the month June 1999 was a month with thirty days The following events also occurred during the month July 1999 was a month with thirty-one days The following events also occurred during the month August 1999 was a month with thirty-one days The following events also occurred during the month September 1999 was a month with thirty days The following events also occurred during the month October 1999: January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - December 1999: January - February - March - April - May - June - July - August - Events 1499 - Publication of the Catholicon in Treguier ( Brittany) United States v Microsoft There were many civil actions taking place in May 18 1998 Thomas Penfield Jackson (born January 10, 1937) was a United States District Court Judge for the District of Columbia. Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational Computer technology Corporation, which rose to dominate the Home computer Events 1043 - Edward the Confessor is crowned King of England. 2000 ( MM) was a Leap year that started on Saturday of the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. The Sherman Antitrust Act ( Sherman Act, July 2, 1890, ch 647,) was the first United States Federal statute to limit Cartels and
- November 6 - Australians vote to keep the British queen as their head of state. Events 355 - Roman Emperor Constantius II promotes his cousin Julian to the rank of Caesar, entrusting him with For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics.
- November 6 - Australia win over France to win the 1999 Rugby world Cup at Millennium Stadium Cardiff. Events 355 - Roman Emperor Constantius II promotes his cousin Julian to the rank of Caesar, entrusting him with The Australian national rugby union team is the representative side of Australia in Rugby union. The France national rugby union team represents France in Rugby union. The Millennium Stadium (Stadiwm y Mileniwm is the National stadium of Wales, located in the capital Cardiff.
- November 9 - TAESA Flight 725, went down a few minutes after leaving the Uruapan airport en-route to Mexico City. Events 694 - Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims sentencing all TAESA (Transportes Aéreos Ejecutivos SA was a discount Airline based in Mexico and owned by Alberto Abed Schekaiban. 18 people were killed in the accident
- November 12 - A 7. Events 764 - Tibetan troops occupy Chang'an, the capital of the Chinese Tang Dynasty, for fifteen days 2-magnitude earthquake strikes Duzce and northwestern Turkey, killing 845 and injuring 4948. Düzce is the capital City of Düzce Province in Turkey. Overview Area 1065 km²Population 156 Turkey (Türkiye known officially as the Republic of Turkey ( is a Eurasian Country that stretches
- November 18 - In College Station, Texas, 12 are killed and 28 injured at Texas A&M University when a huge bonfire under construction collapses. Events 326 - The old St Peter's Basilica is consecrated 1302 - Pope Boniface VIII issues the Papal bull College Station is a city in Brazos County, Texas, situated in Central Texas. Texas A&M University, often called A&M or TAMU, is a Coeducational public Research University located in College Station
- November 19 - In Istanbul, the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) ends a two-day summit by calling for a political settlement in Chechnya and adopting a Charter for European Security
- November 20 - The People's Republic of China launches the first Shenzhou spacecraft. Events 1095 - The Council of Clermont, called by Pope Urban II to discuss sending the First Crusade to the Holy Land Istanbul (historically Byzantium and later Constantinople; see the other Names of Istanbul) is the largest city of Turkey The Chechen Republic (ˈʧɛʧɨn rɪˈpʌblɨk Чече́нская Респу́блика Chechenskaya Respublika; Нохчийн Республика Noxçiyn Respublika Events 284 - Diocletian was chosen as Roman Emperor. 762 - Bögü Khan of the Uyghurs, Talk People's Republic of China) PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA ARTICLE GUIDELINES History Development began in 1992 under the name of Project 921-1.
- November 20 - John Carpenter becomes the 1st Millionaire on any quiz show thanks to Who Wants to be a Millionaire. Events 284 - Diocletian was chosen as Roman Emperor. 762 - Bögü Khan of the Uyghurs, John Carpenter (born 24 December 1967) was the first millionaire on the United States version of the Game show Who Wants to Be a Millionaire Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? is a Television Game show which offers very large Cash prizes for correctly answering successive multiple-choice
- November 22 - Wayne Gretzky is inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame, his number 99 permanently retired by the NHL. Events 498 - Kofi Aseidu- After the death of Anastasius II, Symmachus is elected Pope in the Lateran Wayne Douglas Gretzky, OC (born January 26 1961 is a retired Canadian professional Ice hockey player The Hockey Hall of Fame ( Temple de la renommée du hockey in French) is located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 99 ( ninety-nine) is the Natural number following 98 and preceding 100. The National Hockey League ( NHL) is a professional Ice hockey league composed of 30 teams in North America
- November 26 - Earthquake and Tsunami in Vanuatu
- November 27 - Labour Party elected in New Zealand general election. Events 43 BC - The Second Triumvirate alliance of Gaius Julius Caesar Octavianus ("Octavian" later "Caesar Augustus" Vanuatu, officially the Republic of Vanuatu ( French: République de Vanuatu, Bislama: Ripablik blong Vanuatu) is an Island Events 1095 - Pope Urban II declares the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont The New Zealand Labour Party is a New Zealand political party Helen Clark first Elected Woman Prime Minister in New Zealand History. Helen Elizabeth Clark (born 26 February 1950 is the 37th and current Prime Minister of New Zealand.
- November 27 - The last ever episode of Hey Hey It's Saturday goes to air on Channel Nine in Australia ending a 40-year history of live television from TCN-9 and GTV-9. Events 1095 - Pope Urban II declares the First Crusade at the Council of Clermont Hey Hey It's Saturday was a long running variety television program on Australian television. Channel 9 may refer to Channel 9 (Malaysia Channel 9 (New Zealand Channel 9 (Serbia Channel 9 (Thailand For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Australia topics. TCN is the Sydney flagship Television station of the Nine Network in Australia and is located at Willoughby. GTV (General Television Corporation is a Television station in Melbourne, Australia owned by the Nine Network.
- November 28 - A man wielding a samurai sword enters St Andrews Catholic Church in Thornton Heath and injures 11
- November 28 - Jorge Batlle for the Colorado Party is elected president of Uruguay
- November 30 - In Seattle, Washington, the first major mobilization of the anti-globalization movement catches police unprepared and forces the cancellation of the opening ceremonies of the WTO Meeting of 1999 (protests end on December 3). For the town in Argentina, see 28 de Noviembre. Events Thornton Heath is a district in the London Borough of Croydon, 7 For the town in Argentina, see 28 de Noviembre. Events Jorge Luis Batlle Ibáñez ( pron 'xoɾxe 'baʃe i'βaɲes -'baʒe-' (born October 25, 1927) is a politician from Uruguay, a member of the The Colorado Party (Partido Colorado is a Political party in Uruguay. Heads of State of Uruguay (1825-Present Presidents (1825 Governors and Captains-general (1825-1830 Presidents (1830-1952 Presidents of the Events 1700 - Battle of Narva — A Swedish army of 8500 men under Charles XII defeats " Anti-globalization " is a term that encompasses a number of related ideas Protest activity surrounding the WTO Ministerial Conference of 1999, which was to be the launch of a new millennial round of Trade negotiations occurred Events 1800 - War of the Second Coalition: Battle of Hohenlinden, French
- Gary Glitter jailed for sexual offences. Paul Francis Gadd (born 8 May 1944 is an English Glam rock Singer and Songwriter, and is better known by his Stage name Gary
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |