This is a list of fictional coups d'état and revolutions in various media: instances that are mentioned or described in fictional works but have not occurred in reality. A revolution (from the Latin revolutio, "a turnaround" is a fundamental change in power or organizational structures that takes place in a relatively Fiction is the telling of stories which are not real More specifically fiction is an imaginative form of Narrative, one of the four basic Rhetorical modes. Reality, in everyday usage means "the state of things as they actually exist"
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- In this satirical allegory, farm animals representing Bolshevik revolutionaries successfully execute a coup d'état (which they call 'The Rebellion'), ousting the cruel farmer Mr Jones (representing Tsar Nicholas II). Animal Farm is a Novel by George Orwell, and is the most famous satirical Allegory of Soviet Totalitarianism Eric Arthur Blair (25 June 1903 – 21 January 1950 who used the Pseudonym George Orwell, was an English writer The Bolsheviks, originally also Bolshevists ( Большевик Большевист (singular, derived from bolshe, "more" were a faction
- Red Storm Rising by Tom Clancy
- General Alekseyev, aware that the Politburo was considering using tactical nuclear weapons, stages a successful coup d'état with the KGB head and the Minister for Energy to replace the Politburo with a 'Troika' and cease war between the USSR and NATO. Red Storm Rising is a 1986 Techno-thriller novel by Tom Clancy and Larry Bond about a Third World War in Europe between Thomas Leo Clancy Jr (born April 12 1947) is an American author best known for his technically detailed espionage and Military science storylines
- The Bear and the Dragon by Tom Clancy
- After badly losing against a Russo-American alliance that invaded Siberia, Red China attempted using nuclear weapons against both countries, Chinese protesters invade a Politburo meeting, whence Politburocrat Fang Gan assumes government, arrests the leaders of the military invasion, and withdraws Chinese forces from Russia. The Bear and the Dragon is a political thriller Novel by Tom Clancy featuring Jack Ryan. Thomas Leo Clancy Jr (born April 12 1947) is an American author best known for his technically detailed espionage and Military science storylines
- A Very British Coup a 1982 novel by Chris Mullin
- Features a successful coup d'état against Harry Perkins a Left-wing Labour Prime Minister. A Very British Coup is a 1982 Novel by Chris Mullin, and a 1988 British Television adaptation of the novel adapted by Alan Plater Year 1982 ( MCMLXXXII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link displays the 1982 Gregorian calendar) Christopher John Mullin, known as Chris Mullin, (born 12 December 1947 in Chelmsford, Essex) is an UK Labour Politician In the television version of the story, the result is different (cf. below).
- O Senhor Embaixador by Érico Veríssimo
- First Sacramenteña Revolution - Liberal Revolution against a corrupt democratic government in the Caribbean Republic of Sacramento. O Senhor Embaixador ( His Excellency the Ambassador) is a Novel by Erico Verissimo, about the history of the fictional Republic of Sacramento Érico Veríssimo ( December 17, 1905 - November 28, 1975) is an important Brazilian writer who was born in Rio Grande do Led by António Chamorro, it installed him as Dictator and his wife as the true Commander.
- Second Sacramenteña Revolution - Liberal Revolution against the dictatorship of António Chamorro in the Caribbean Republic of Sacramento. Led by Juventino Carrera and Gabriel Heliodoro, it installed Carrera as Dictator.
- Dr. Júlio Moreno overthrow - coup d'état in the Republic of Sacramento against the leftist, democratically-elected Moreno government. Led by ex-president Juventino Carrera to reinstall him as Dictator.
- 1959 - Revolución Socialista Sacramenteña - Socialist revolution in the Caribbean Republic of Sacramento against the dictatorship of Juventino Carrera. The year 1959 ( MCMLIX) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Led by Manuel Barrios, it installs a socialist government.
- Seven Days in May
- American Generals unsatisfied with U. Seven Days in May is a political thriller Novel written by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W S. President Jordan Lyman's ratification of a disarmament treaty with the Soviet Union develop the ECOMCON (Emergency Communications and Control) plan to divert the country's communications media and infrastructure to prevent the treaty's ratification. The Union of Soviet Socialist Republics (USSR was a constitutionally Socialist state that existed in Eurasia from 1922 to 1991
- The Man Who Held the Queen to Ransom and Sent Parliament Packing
- British Army Captain Richard Wyatt leads the kidnap of the Queen, dismisses Parliament, and installs a revolutionary government. Peter Van Greenaway (born 1929 in London, died 1988 was a British novelist the author of numerous thrillers with elements of horror and The British Army is the land armed forces branch of the British Armed Forces. For the ship see RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 Elizabeth II (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Context States headed by Elizabeth II
- The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein
- The plotting and execution of a prisoners' revolt against Earth rule in the Lunar penal colony, establishing a political system combining anarchism, libertarianism, and socialism. The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress is a 1966 Science fiction Novel by American writer Robert A Robert Anson Heinlein (July 7 1907 – May 8 1988 was an American Novelist and Science fiction Writer. A penal colony is a Settlement used to detain Prisoners and generally use them for Penal labour in an economically underdeveloped part of the state's Anarchism is a Political philosophy encompassing theories and attitudes which support the elimination of all compulsory Government, i Libertarianism is a term used by a broad spectrum of political philosophies which prioritize individual Liberty and seek to minimize or even abolish the Socialism refers to a broad set of economic theories of social organization advocating state or collective ownership and administration of the Means of production and distribution
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- Describes a coup d'état organized by right wing conservatives to overthrow the popular, newly-elected socialist government. The House of the Spirits ( La casa de los espíritus, 1982 is a debut novel by Isabel Allende. Isabel Allende Llona, (born in Lima, Peru; 2 August 1942 is a Chilean American Novelist.
- The Dogs of War by Frederick Forsyth
- Describes a coup d'état in a small African republic organized by mercenaries hired by a British industrialist who uncovered a very rich platinum source in the republic. The Dogs of War ( 1974) is a war novel by Frederick Forsyth chronicling a company of European Mercenary soldiers hired by a British industrialist Frederick Forsyth, CBE (born August 25, 1938) is an English author and occasional political commentator
- Night Watch by Terry Pratchett
- Revolutionaries provoked by the over-paranoid, evil methods of the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork, Homicidal Lord Winder, organise a rebellion against him, wherein Samuel Vimes finds himself, for the second time, after a magical accident sends him back in time. Terence David John Pratchett, OBE (born 28 April 1948 is an English fantasy, Science fiction, and children's author. Geography Ankh-Morpork lies on the River Ankh (the most polluted waterway on the Discworld and reputedly solid enough to walk on where the fertile loam of the Sto Plains This article contains brief biographies for characters from Terry Pratchett 's Discworld series
- Settling Accounts: In at the Death by Harry Turtledove
- Confederate Army officers led by chief of staff Nathan Bedford Forrest III attempt to overthrow Confederate President Jake Featherston in the dying days of the Second Great War in 1944. Settling Accounts In at the Death is the last novel of the Settling Accounts tetralogy that presents an Alternate history of World War Harry Norman Turtledove (born June 14 1949) is an American historian and novelist who has written Historical fiction, Fantasy, and The War Department was established by the Confederate Congress in an act on February 21, 1861. Nathan Bedford Forrest III ( April 7, 1905 - June 13, 1943) was a Brigadier General of the United States Army Air Forces The Confederate States of America (also called the Confederacy, the Confederate States, and CSA) formed as the government set up from 1861 Jacob "Jake" Featherston is a fictional character in the Timeline 191 novel series by Harry Turtledove. An analog to the real-life World War II, this second global war is the backdrop to Harry Turtledove 's Settling Accounts tetralogy of the Timeline-191 General Forrest confronts Featherston in the latter's bunker in Richmond, Virginia and attempts to talk the president into surrendering power while waiting for backup from his soldiers. This article is about the city of Richmond the capital of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Featherston figures out what Forrest is up to and secretly alerts his own loyalists, who intercept Forrest's followers and break into the meeting between Forrest and Featherston. Forrest is taken away for execution, his coup having failed and thus the one attempt for the CSA to get a negotiated peace with the United States goes with him. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
- Voldemort assumes control of the Ministry of Magic, first by using the Imperius Curse on Pius Thicknesse, Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh and final of the Joanne "Jo" Rowling OBE (born 31 July 1965 who writes under the Lord Voldemort (ˈvoʊldəmɔrt or ˈvoʊldəmɔr is a Fictional character and the main antagonist in the Harry Potter novel series written In JK Rowling 's Fictional universe of Harry Potter, the Ministry of Magic is the Government for the Magical community of Britain With this compromise in the ministry, he successfully murders the Minister of Magic, Rufus Scrimgeor, and installs Thicknesse as his puppet.
- Wicked by Gregory Maguire
- The Wizard stages a bloodless coup d'état to arrest the Ozma Regent and have Ozma imprisoned. Wicked The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, is a Parallel novel published in 1995. Gregory Maguire (born June 9, 1954 in Albany, New York) is an American author The adult Elphaba and the resistance also plan a counter-coup d'état to kill the Wizard and the high authorities, but it fails.
- The Adventures of Tintin, a series of comic books, by Hergé
- 1937 - A coup d'état installs General Alcázar as dictator of San Theodoros (The Broken Ear). The Adventures of Tintin (Les Aventures de Tintin is a series of Comic strips created by Belgian artist Hergé, the pen name of Georges Remi Georges Prosper Remi ( May 22, 1907 - March 3, 1983) better known by the Pen name Hergé, was a Belgian Year 1937 ( MCMXXXVII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Local businesses The central bank is called Banco de la Nación The Broken Ear ( French: L'Oreille cassée) is the sixth of The Adventures of Tintin, a series of classic comic-strip
- 1938 - An attempted coup d'état in Syldavia against King Muskar XII, engineered by secret agents of Borduria and Syldavian traitors, to steal King Ottokar's Sceptre, the traditional, empowering royal device. Year 1938 ( MCMXXXVIII) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Overview Syldavia is a Monarchy, ruled at the time of the King Ottokar's Sceptre story by King Muskar XII. See also List of The Adventures of Tintin characters, for a complete list The supporting characters Hergé created for his series The Adventures Appearances in Tintin books In King Ottokar's Sceptre, Tintin reads a Syldavian tourist pamphlet that reveals the early history of Syldavia and King Ottokar's Sceptre ( French: Le Sceptre d'Ottokar) is the eighth of The Adventures of Tintin, a series of classic comic-strip Thanks to Tintin, the theft, and the coup, fail.
- 1958 - General Tapioca deposes General Alcázar, dictator of San Theodoros. Year 1958 ( MCMLVIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Local businesses The central bank is called Banco de la Nación
- 1958 - The Governor of Khemed, the Emir Mohammed ben Kalish Ezab, is overthrown in a coup d'état sponsored by Sheik Bab el Ehr in a slave trade scheme. Year 1958 ( MCMLVIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Emir ( Arabic: ar أمير;, female أميرة; emira;) ( Farsi and Urdu: امیر) The history of slavery uncovers many different forms of human exploitation across many cultures throughout history Aided by Tintin, the Emir Ezab resumes power after six months.
- 1976 - General Alcázar deposes General Tapioca, dictator of San Theodoros, in a bloodless coup d'état during carnival (Tintin and the Pícaros). Year 1976 ( MCMLXXVI) was a Leap year starting on Thursday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Local businesses The central bank is called Banco de la Nación Carnival is a festival season which occurs immediately before Lent; the main events are usually during February and March
Film and television
- Colonel Shikishima, upon hearing the civilian government trying to arrest him, orders the military to overthrow the government. is a 1988 Japanese animated Film co-written and directed by Katsuhiro Otomo based on his manga of the same name
- Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Azula of the Fire Nation infiltrates Ba Sing Se and is able to take over the Dai Li who then proceed to, once again, take over the Earth Kingdom capital. Avatar The Last Airbender (also known in some countries as Avatar The Legend of Aang) is an Emmy award -winning American Princess Azula is a Fictional character in Nickelodeon's animated television series Avatar The Last Airbender.
- A Very British Coup a1988 British television adaptation of the 1982 novel by Chris Mullin
- Features an unsuccessful coup against Harry Perkins a left-wing Labour Prime Minister and in that way differs from Chris Mullin's book. A Very British Coup is a 1982 Novel by Chris Mullin, and a 1988 British Television adaptation of the novel adapted by Alan Plater Year 1988 ( MCMLXXXVIII) was a Leap year starting on Friday (link displays 1988 Gregorian calendar) Year 1982 ( MCMLXXXII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link displays the 1982 Gregorian calendar) Christopher John Mullin, known as Chris Mullin, (born 12 December 1947 in Chelmsford, Essex) is an UK Labour Politician
- Battlestar Galactica (2004 TV series)
- At the end of season one, President Roslin interferes with Adama's authority over his own people, convincing Starbuck to hijack a captured Cylon spacecraft and return to Caprica. Battlestar Galactica is an Emmy and Peabody Award -winning serial drama Television program created by Ronald D As a result, Adama stages a military coup and assumes total authority. This results in unrest, rebellion, and ultimately the break-up of the fleet. Later, Martial law is imposed (Fragged) by then Commanding Officer Col. " Fragged " is an episode of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica television series Tigh. The military coup and martial law are finally resolved by Home, Part 2, as Roslin and her followers continue their search for the Tomb of Athena on Kobol as Adama travels there to reunite the fleet. " Home " Part I and II are episodes of the reimagined Battlestar Galactica television series All return to Galactica and Adama reinstates Roslin as President.
- Eureka Seven
- During the entire series The Gekkostate, an anti-government militia and counterculture collective led by Holland, attempt to take control of the Government though rebelius means. Eureka Seven, known in Japan as, is a Mecha Anime TV series by Bones. This is a list of characters in the anime and manga series Eureka Seven, with accompanying biographical information from the series This is a list of characters in the anime and manga series Eureka Seven, with accompanying biographical information from the series When control of the U. F Forces gets transferred(in a Coupe, see below) to Dewey Novak, they become more determined to defeat him and take control of the government. This is a list of characters in the anime and manga series Eureka Seven, with accompanying biographical information from the series
- In episode 38 Dewey Novak a high ranking Colonel in the U. This is a list of characters in the anime and manga series Eureka Seven, with accompanying biographical information from the series F. Forces (and primary antagonist of Eureka Seven) leads a Coupe to overthrow the Sage Council (the main authority in the U. This is a list of characters in the anime and manga series Eureka Seven, with accompanying biographical information from the series F. ). He has his men release poisonous gas on the lower levels of the building the Sages are in, traping them and their guards. Chemical warfare involves using the toxic properties of Chemical substances to kill injure or incapacitate an enemy. He then somehow manages to get to the level the Sages are on and kills Braya and Kuzemi. The remaining Sage, Koda, then handed power over to Dewey. It is unknown what happens to her afterwards.
In Naruto, a coup d'etat against Konoha was planned by the Uchiha Clan before their massacre due to their oppression from the village's elders and Hokages. is an ongoing Japanese Manga series written and illustrated by Masashi Kishimoto with an Anime adaptation This had occured due to the battle at the Valley Of The End's outcome between Madara Uchiha and the Senjuu's leader, who eventually became the First Hokage.
- The Office
- In the episode, "The Coup", Angela prods Dwight to meet Jan and propose taking over the branch. After the meeting, Jan calls Michael and demands he get his branch under control. Michael leads Dwight to believe that he has been given control of the branch before revealing the ruse.
- Patlabor: The Movie 2
- Tsuge and the National Defense Family stage a series of terrorist attacks in Tokyo, including a bombing of the Rainbow Bridge with military aircraft and tricking the air force into dog fighting over the city, meant to appear to the civilians like a military coup. For the main article Patlabor saga see Patlabor. is a 1993 Japanese Anime film directed by Mamoru Oshii, who also officially, is one of the 47 prefectures of Japan and located on the eastern side of the main island Honshū. For other articles with similar titles see Rainbow Bridge. is a Suspension bridge crossing northern Tokyo Bay between the A dogfight or dog fight is Aerial combat between Fighter aircraft. The attacks escalate tensions between civilian government, who arrest military officers believed to be involved in the attacks, and the military, who declare martial law. Martial law is the system of rules that takes effect when the military takes control of the normal administration of justice Tsuge takes this opportunity to attack Tokyo with JSDF-marked helicopters and disrupt outside communications, completing the illusion of a military takeover. The, or JSDF, are the military forces in Japan that were established after the end of the post- World War II American occupation of Japan
- Seven Days in May
- John Frankenheimer adaptation of the novel by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W. Seven Days in May is a political thriller Novel written by Fletcher Knebel and Charles W John Michael Frankenheimer ( February 19, 1930 &ndash July 6, 2002) was an American Film director. Fletcher Knebel ( October 1, 1911 – February 26, 1993) was an American Author of several popular works of political fiction Bailey.
- The Simpsons
- Cape Feare
- Lisa Simpson receives pen-pal's letter informing her that the pen-pal's country has been overthrown by "the benevolent General Krull". " Cape Feare " is the second episode of The Simpsons ' fifth season, which premiered on the Fox network on October 7 Lisa Marie Simpson is a Fictional character in the animated Television series The Simpsons and is voiced by Yeardley Smith.
- Bart vs. Australia
- As Bart Simpson conducts a series of telephone inqueries to a variety of southern hemisphere locales about the which way does the water turn in their toilet, he calls the presidential palace of a Latin American dictator. " Bart vs Australia " is the sixteenth episode of The Simpsons ' sixth season, which originally aired on the Fox network Bartholomew J "Bart" Simpson is a character in the animated television series The Simpsons Southern Hemisphere is the half of a Planet that is South of the Equator —the word hemisphere literally means 'half ball' In physics the Coriolis effect is an apparent deflection of moving objects when they are viewed from a Rotating frame of reference. When an aide mistranslates Bart's question to el Presidente as "The tide is turning", the dictator panics and, thinking it's a signal from the rebels, flees the capital.
- Simpson Safari
- When the Simpson family travels to the African country of New Zanzibar, their guide Ktengi informs them that President Muntu "took over in a bloodless coup - all smothering". " Simpson Safari " is the seventeenth episode of the twelfth season of The Simpsons. At the end of the episode, President Ktengi has ousted Muntu, who works as a flight attendant on the Simpsons' flight home. Flight attendants or cabin crew (historically known as stewards air hosts/hostesses or stewardesses) are members of an Aircrew
- Stargate Atlantis
- Coup D'etat
- Ladon Radim, a member of the Genii strike force, contacts Atlantis with the prospects of a new ZPM in exchange for weapons to orchestrate a rebellion and overthrow Cowen, the current leader of the Genii. Stargate Atlantis (often abbreviated as SGA) is an American - Canadian Science fiction Television program, part of the Season two of Stargate Atlantis, an American - Canadian Television series, began airing on July 15, 2005
- reptilian humanoids from another planet successfully take control of the Earth, leading humans to stage a revolution. V The Series was a one-hour weekly television series based on American producer and director Kenneth Johnson 's science fiction franchise Reptilian humanoids are a common motif in Mythology, Folklore, Science fiction, Ufology, and contemporary Conspiracy theories See also List of extraterrestrials in fiction In Popular cultures Life forms -especially intelligent life forms that are of extraterrestrial
- In early 1960s, a military coup in an unnamed country (a reference to Greece). Z is a 1969 French language political thriller directed by Costa Gavras, with a screenplay by Gavras and Jorge Semprún, based on The 1960s decade refers to the years from the beginning of 1960 to the end of 1969 Greece (Ελλάδα transliterated: Elláda, historically, Ellás,) officially the Hellenic Republic (Ελληνική Δημοκρατία A leftist deputy, who was expected to be elected prime-minister in the coming election, is murdered and the authorities try to cover up the crime. After Examining Magistrate managed to prove that the murder was committed by prominent right-wing militaries and prosecute them, the communists win the parliamentary election and are overthrown by the militaries.
- Star Trek: The Next Generation: "Conspiracy"
- In 2364, the crew of the starship Enterprise-D exposes a conspiracy and averts an infiltration of Starfleet Command by "superior" symbiotic creatures, who clandestinely attempt to control key sectors of Federation territory and facilitate their introduction. Star Trek The Next Generation ( STTNG or TNG) is an Emmy and Peabody Award-winning science fiction television program created by Gene Roddenberry " Conspiracy " is a first-season episode of Star Trek The Next Generation, first broadcast May 9, 1988. A starship is a theoretical Spacecraft designed for traveling between the stars, as opposed to a vehicle designed for Orbital spaceflight or Interplanetary The USS Enterprise (NCC-1701-D (or Enterprise -D, to distinguish it from prior starships with the same name) is a 24th century Starship In a political sense conspiracy refers to a group of persons united in the goal of usurping or overthrowing an established political power This article describes the Starfleet organization in the Star Trek universe for other uses see Starfleet (disambiguation In the Fictional universe This article describes the Starfleet organization in the Star Trek universe for other uses see Starfleet (disambiguation In the Fictional universe This article is about the biological phenomenon for other uses see Symbiosis (disambiguation The term symbiosis (from the Greek The ClanDestine (also known simply as ClanDestine) is a Comic book series about the Destines a secret family of long-lived Superhuman The United Federation of Planets, (also known as the "The Federation" or UFP) is a fictional interplanetary state depicted in the Star Trek After rendezvousing with similarly suspicious colleagues at Dytallix B (some of whom are mysteriously killed), the Enterprise-D travels to Earth; Captain Picard and Commander Riker expose and sequester the compromised officers, and kill the alien mother creature/host . Mira, ˈmaɪrə also known as Omicron Ceti (or ο Ceti / ο Cet is a Red giant Star estimated 200-400 Light years away in An overwhelming majority of fiction is set on or features the Earth. Jean-Luc Picard is a Star Trek character primarily portrayed by Patrick Stewart. First Officer William Thomas Riker, played by Jonathan Frakes, is a main character on the Science-fiction Television series Star Trek The . . after it sends a homing signal to whereabouts unknown. Beacons are aids to Navigation devices Intentionally conspicuous beacons help guide navigators to their destinations
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Rebel factions within the Klingon Empire and Federation Starfleet conspire with each other in 2293 to assassinate the leadership of each nation and undermine peace negotiations between the two, maintaining a combative state (the Romulan Star Empire plays a minor role). Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country is the sixth feature film based on the Star Trek Science fiction Television series. Klingons ( Klingon: tlhIngan; Pronunciation /ˈt͡ɬɪŋɑn/ are a warrior race in the fictional Star Trek universe AssassiNation is the sixth album by Krisiun, released in 2006 on Century Media. Romulans are an alien species in the Star Trek universe that are related to the Vulcans and are at war or in an uneasy truce with the United Federation of To prevent the empire's imminent decline in the late 23rd century, Klingon Chancellor Gorkon (on his starship Kronos One) initiates peace overtures and rendezvouses with Captain Kirk and crew of the Enterprise-A; Gorkon is then assassinated on his ship, Kirk and Dr. McCoy are charged with murder, held and tried by the Klingons. The 23rd century of the Anno Domini ( common) era will span the years 2201&ndash2300 of the Gregorian calendar. Chancellor or chancellour (archaic ( Latin: cancellarius) is an official Title used in countries whose civilization has arisen The USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-A (or Enterprise -A) is a fictional starship in the fourth fifth and sixth Star Trek films Leonard H "Bones" McCoy, played by DeForest Kelley, is the Doctor character in the original Star Trek series and the first six Murder is the unlawful killing of another human person with Malice aforethought, as defined in Common Law countries The Enterprise-A crew is successful in exposing the seditious plots, freeing Kirk and McCoy, and in averting the assassination of the Federation President during negotiations for the Khitomer Accords. This is about the law term For other uses see Sedition (disambiguation Sedition is a term of Law which refers to covert conduct The United Federation of Planets, (also known as the "The Federation" or UFP) is a fictional interplanetary state depicted in the Star Trek The following is a list of treaties in the Star Trek Fictional universe.
- Star Trek: Deep Space Nine: "Paradise Lost", "Homefront"
- In 2372, Starfleet Admiral Leyton and other officers attempt a coup against Federation President Jaresh-Inyo to contend with Changeling infiltration and paranoia. "Paradise Lost" is an episode of Star Trek Deep Space Nine, the eleventh episode of the fourth season " Homefront " is an episode of the Television series Star Trek Deep Space Nine, the eleventh episode of the fourth season Changelings are an alien race from the Star Trek universe Members of this race have the unique ability to Shapeshift. Paranoia is a disturbed thought process characterized by excessive Anxiety or Fear, often to the point of Irrationality and Delusion. A disruption of Earth's power grid, believed caused by Changeling sabotage, prompts a transfer of emergency powers from Jaresh-Inyo to Starfleet Command. Sabotage is a deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy oppressor or employer through subversion obstruction disruption and/or destruction A state of emergency is a governmental declaration that may suspend certain normal functions of government alert citizens to alter their normal behaviors or order government agencies Captain Sisko, who was recalled to Earth by Leyton to serve as head of Starfleet Security, uncovers the outage (and numerous discreet officer transfers throughout Starfleet) as a ruse by Leyton to consolidate support and stage a coup; Sisko exposes this and later forces Leyton's resignation. Benjamin Lafayette Sisko, played by Avery Brooks, is the main character of the Television series Star Trek Deep Space Nine. A resignation is the formal act of giving up or quitting one's office or position
- Star Trek Nemesis
- Shinzon, a human clone of Captain Picard aligned with the Remans, overthrows and ascends to becoming Praetor of the Romulan government in 2379 during his quest to recoup vitality from Picard (without which Shinzon would die) and to exact revenge upon his forsaken Earth. Star Trek Nemesis ( 2002) is the tenth feature Film based on the Star Trek television series This article lists characters in the various canonical incarnations of Star Trek. Human beings, humans or man (Origin 1590–1600 L homō man OL hemō the earthly one (see Humus Cloning in Biology is the process of producing populations of genetically-identical individuals that occurs in nature when organisms such as Bacteria, Insects Jean-Luc Picard is a Star Trek character primarily portrayed by Patrick Stewart. In the fictional Star Trek universe Remans are natives of the planet Remus, resembling bats. Praetor was a title granted by the government of Ancient Rome to men acting in one of two official capacities the commander of an Army, either before Romulans are an alien species in the Star Trek universe that are related to the Vulcans and are at war or in an uneasy truce with the United Federation of Vitalism, as defined by the Merriam-Webster dictionary is a doctrine that the functions of a living organism are due to a vital principle distinct from physicochemical Revenge (also vengeance, retribution, or vendetta amongst others consists primarily of retaliation against a person or group in response Picard ends up impaling him on the Scimitar, Shinzon's starship, to prevent the use of a biogenic weapon against the Enterprise-E (upon which Shinzon inflicts significant damages in combat) and before doing so to Earth. Impalement is a term that refers to situations in which objects are driven through the body causing deep stabbing wounds Star Trek Nemesis ( 2002) is the tenth feature Film based on the Star Trek television series A weapon of mass destruction ( WMD) is a weapon which can kill large numbers of humans and/or cause great damage to man-made structures (e The USS Enterprise ( NCC-1701-E or Enterprise -E) is a Fictional Starship in the Star Trek The ComBat was an Aluminium Cricket bat and the subject of an incident that occurred at the WACA cricket ground in Perth in December 1979.
Senator Palpatine of Naboo, also known as Darth Sidious, who is a Sith Lord and, thus, secretly an avowed enemy of the Jedi, plays both sides against each other. Star Wars Episode I Phantom Menace is a 1999 military sci-fi film written and directed by George Lucas. Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith is a 2005 Space opera Film written and directed by George Lucas. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. Geographic features Naboo is a city located on a planetry system described as having a porous plasma -rich interior without a molten core Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. The Sith are a group of fictional characters in the Star Wars universe. The Jedi are members of a fictional monastic order in the ''Star Wars'' galaxy, created by George Starting by using the issue of high tax charges on shipping the Trade Federation, which holds a prominent franchise in the region, is persuaded by Darth Sidious into creating a trade blockade around his representative homeworld of Naboo, which eventually leads to a full scale invasion. The Trade Federation is a fictional organization that exists in the Star Wars universe at the time of the Galactic Republic. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. As a show of force to the Republic's Senate that the Trade Federation is a force to be reckoned with. The Trade Federation is a fictional organization that exists in the Star Wars universe at the time of the Galactic Republic. Attempts to a diplomatic dialogue are dashed as Darth Sidious recommends to the Trade Federation that the Jedis sent would short change them. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. The Trade Federation is a fictional organization that exists in the Star Wars universe at the time of the Galactic Republic. The Jedi are members of a fictional monastic order in the ''Star Wars'' galaxy, created by George The news of the blockade eventually leads to the Senate, the Viceroy counter argue that there is no proof of an occupation and is debated whilst the invasion is commencing, the bureaucratic central government is showed up to be ineffective. Using the sympathy portrayed by the majority of the senate, Queen Amidala is forced to call for a vote of 'No Confidence' in the present leadership. The Jedi play little part here as they watch the new leadership of the senate elected. The Jedi are members of a fictional monastic order in the ''Star Wars'' galaxy, created by George With this opportunity Senator Palpatine runs for leadership and is subsequently elected as a more effective leader, becoming Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic in Episode I. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. History The Republic itself was formed on or near 25000 BBY when the first "Galactic Constitution" was signed on Coruscant, after the Corellian The invasion is stopped shortly as the Viceroy are arrested on Naboo, when the droid army they use is destroyed also they fail to secure any legal claim. (Around this time Jedi Master Sifo-Dyas places a secret order on behalf of the Jedi, without their knowledge, for a clone army based on a bounty hunter. The Jedi are members of a fictional monastic order in the ''Star Wars'' galaxy, created by George Sifo-Dyas is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe, created for Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones. The Jedi are members of a fictional monastic order in the ''Star Wars'' galaxy, created by George Shortly after Sifo-Dyas is killed in mysterious circumstances). Sifo-Dyas is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe, created for Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones.
In Episode II, the climax begins that will eventually plunge the Republic into a civil war (the Clone Wars). The Clone Wars are a series of fictional intragalactic battles in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. The original Trade Federation joins with many systems such as Techo Union and Banking Clan that wish to leave the Republic and form their own government and becomes the Confederacy of Independent Systems (or, more commonly, the Separatists movement). The Trade Federation is a fictional organization that exists in the Star Wars universe at the time of the Galactic Republic. As Chancellor Palpatine really controls both sides, as Palpatine on the Republic side through the Senate, and as Sidious on the Separatist Side, through his apprentice, Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus. Count Dooku is a fictional character from the Star Wars universe. Count Dooku is a fictional character from the Star Wars universe. The Situation grows worse that will tear the Republic in two, the Chancellor is informed that the Jedi would not be able to cope if it becomes a full scale war. The Jedi are members of a fictional monastic order in the ''Star Wars'' galaxy, created by George Soon Obi-Wan Kenobi whom was chasing a bounty hunter throughout the galaxy learns of the Clone Army. Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Fictional character in the Star Wars universe. Palpatine is informed, knowing the senate would not allow clones to be used. Palpatine uses the Separatist crisis to retain control longer and persuade the Senate to grant him emergency powers, which he then uses to officially commission an army to counter the increasing threat poised by the separatists. This makes the official conception of the clones and unleashes a massive clone army on the galaxy, which Palpatine himself secretly ordered and retains controls of. The Jedi are promoted to the ranks of General, to lead the newly formed Clone Army, mistakingly believe they control it. Subsequently, the Clone Wars begin.
In Episode III, Palpatine has been captured by Dooku and General Grievous (who is unknowingly on orders from Sidious/Palpatine himself), in a daring plan. General Grievous is a fictional character from the Star Wars universe and was the chief antagonist in Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the He is eventually rescued by Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin having killed Dooku at Palpatine's urging in the process. See also Darth Vader Anakin Skywalker (often called Ani by his friends and loved ones is the main Protagonist / Antagonist and Obi-Wan Kenobi is a Fictional character in the Star Wars universe. However, Grievous escapes, and Palpatine assures Mace Windu that the senate will vote to continue the war as long as Grievous is still at large. Subsequently, Palpatine begins voicing to Anakin his doubts about the Jedi Council's allegiance to the Repubilc, and starts influencing Anakin to share them. Palpatine eventually reveals to Anakin that he, in fact, is Darth Sidious, and tempts him with the power to save Anakin's secret wife, Padmé Amidala, from her death as Anakin had foreseen it in his nightmares. Padmé Amidala Naberrie Skywalker (born Padmé Amidala Naberrie) better known as Padmé Amidala, is a Fictional character in George Lucas In fact, Palpatine wants Padmé dead, though, somehow, Anakin doesn't realise this. It is also revealed that Palptine has been gathering even more emergency powers and has become a virtual dictator. Anakin tells Mace Windu that Palpatine is Sidious. The Jedi move quickly to arrest Palpatine. Palpatine kills all four jedi who come to arrest him, except Mace Windu. Windu appears to have beaten Palpatine when Anakin arrives. Palpatine tells Anakin of a Jedi coup on the Senate and tempts Anakin again that he is the only one who can help Anakin save Padmé. Anakin asks Windu to arrest Darth Sidious but Windu argues back claiming Darth Sidious has too much power as Chancellor of the Senate and the courts. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. Windu not listening to Anakins reason tries finish off Darth Sidious when Anakin sides with Palpatine, disables Windu allowing Palpatine to kill Windu, and becomes Palpatine's new apprentice. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. Palpatine then tells the newly rechristened Darth Vader to lead an attack on the Jedi Temple, and then go to the Mustafar System and eliminate the Separatist leaders warning otherwise there will be civil war without end. Anakin Skywalker Darth Vader is a fictional character in George Lucas ' Science fiction saga Star Wars. The Jedi Temple is a building in the Star Wars Fictional universe. Meanwhile, Sidious issues Order 66, which forces the clones to turn on their Jedi generals, killing most of them. Palpatine the declares the "Jedi Rebellion" and the Separatists, with Grievous's destruction to have been crushed, announces that the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire for the sake of security, and that the Clone Wars are over, and then subsequently successfully mainipulates Anakin/Vader into seriously injuring Padmé, although Sidious does not realize that her unborn children were saved. The Galactic Empire is one of the main factions in the Star Wars universe. However, he fails to anticipate Anakin/Vader's failure to defeat Obi-Wan--which results in the reconstructed Vader not being entirely what Sidious bargained for.
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- The decision of Mace Windu and the other Jedi Council members to take matters into their own hands and arrest Palpatine themselves, then rule the Republic until the Senate can re-establish democracy. Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith is a 2005 Space opera Film written and directed by George Lucas. The Jedi High Council (or Jedi Council) is a fictional institution from the Star Wars Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. History The Republic itself was formed on or near 25000 BBY when the first "Galactic Constitution" was signed on Coruscant, after the Corellian
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- The revolutionaries of the Rebel Alliance, led by Princess Leia, Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and Garm Bel Iblis, defeat the Galactic Empire led by Palpatine, destroy the second Death Star and reinstall the old Republic. Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi is a 1983 Space opera Film directed by Richard Marquand and written by George Lucas The Alliance to Restore the Republic (commonly known as the Rebel Alliance) is an interstellar force formed in direct military opposition to the Galactic Empire in Leia and Princess Leia redirect here For the Blackadder character see Princess Leia of Hungary. Mon Mothma is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe. Bail Organa is a Fictional character from the Star Wars universe, played in Star Wars Episodes II and III by Jimmy Smits. Senator Garm Bel Iblis is a fictional character in the Star Wars universe. The Galactic Empire is one of the main factions in the Star Wars universe. Palpatine is a Fictional character in George Lucas 's Science fiction saga Star Wars. The Death Star is a Fictional Space station and Superweapon appearing in the Star Wars movies and expanded universe.
Universal Century Gundam
- Mobile Suit Gundam
- About twenty years prior to the One Year War, in UC0058, Zeon Zum Deikun leads the Side 3 colonies to break away from the Earth Federation, forming the Republic of Zeon. is a televised Anime series created by Sunrise. Written and directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino, it premiered in Japan on Nagoya Broadcasting Network The is a fictional conflict from the Universal Century timeline of the Anime Gundam metaseries is a fictional philosopher and politician in the Gundam stories in which he developed Contolism, which was both about Ere-ism (that Earth is sacred and mankind Side 3 redirects here For the album by The Raspberries, see Side 3 (album In the fictional Gundam Anime Metaseries The is a fictional organization in the Universal Century timeline of the Gundam Anime series
- In UC0068, Zeon Zum Deikun dies under mysterious circumstances and is succeeded by his chief of staff Degwin Sodo Zabi, who renames the country the Principality of Zeon. is a Fictional character in the anime Mobile Suit Gundam universe For the Shining Force II character called Zeon see Shining Force II For the Konjiki no Gash Bell!! character called Zeon see A blood purge of Deikun loyalists soon follows. In History and Political science, to purge is to remove people considered by the group in power to be "undesirable" from a Government, Political
- Gundam F91
- Meitzer Ronah and his private army, the Crossbone Vanguard, attack and take over the Frontier I colonies from Federation, in efforts to establish his ideal nation of "Cosmo Bablyonia". is an Anime movie which was Gundam creator Yoshiyuki Tomino 's attempt to launch a new Gundam saga set thirty years after Char's This is a list of fictional nations and factions of the Universal Century (UC timeline of the fictional Gundam Anime Metaseries
- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
- As North Korean president Choi Kim was in a conference with the South Korean leader, his son, General Kim Song (Kim Jong ll reference) kills President Kim and takes North Korea. Mercenaries Playground of Destruction is a Third-person shooter which takes place in the near future
- Republic: The Revolution
- Novistrana is finally liberated from the clutches of evil ex-Soviet Secret Police Chief, President Vasily Karasov. Republic The Revolution is a computer game produced by Elixir Studios, founded by Demis Hassabis, a former programmer of Lionhead The game can end in one of three ways; A coup d'état is launched and Karasov is shot via a firing squad; a peaceful resignation happens, only for Karasov to be shot by Police officers posing as a taxi; the people revolt and force their way into the offical resisdance. Execution by firing squad is a method of Capital punishment, particularly common in times of war Karasov is pulled from his car while attempting to escape and is beaten to death by the revoltionists.
- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War
- Factions of several countries' governments form a coup, later named "A World With No Boundaries. is a semi-realistic Flight simulator developed by Namco for the PlayStation 2 video game console " They believed the world should not have borders, and attempted to use a V2 Tactical Nuclear Missile, in order to send the world into a chaotic bliss, in which everyone would need to work together to survive.
- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War
- Fifteen years after their defeat (and the events of Ace Combat Zero), Belkan Aces that have infiltrated the Osean and Yuktobanian Air Forces' in attempts to weaken both sides' military strength. is a semi-realistic Flight simulation game developed by Namco for the PlayStation 2 Video game console. Their mission was simple: take revenge on those that defeated them before to show the true "strength" of Belka. Part of their plan wqas to kidnap the Prime Minister, Nikanor, from Yuktobania, and the President of Osea, Harling, leaving the country in the hands of war mongrels.
- Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
- The Mexican rebellion organization in the game calls a coup after it has stolen the U. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter ( GRAW) is the third installment in the popular Ghost Recon Tactical shooter S. approved tanks, it's the main mission of the Ghosts to settle this coup.
- Fire Emblem: Fūin no Tsurugi
- During the Bern Invasion in Elibe, Roartz, the royal advisor of the king of Etruria, and Arcard, governor of the Western Isles, plan a strike against the king, who is in a depression because of his son's death. is a Japanese Tactical role-playing game developed by Intelligent Systems and published by Nintendo. They succeed taking control over Etruria and the Western Islands. With this strike, the Etrurian Coup d´etat handed over the fragile government of Etruria to The Kingdom Of Bern. General Cecilia of Etruria created the Etrurian Anti Coup d´etat Army, looking reinstate the king and recover Etruria. The Etrurian Anti Coup d´etat army was decimated by the superior forces of the Bern Dispatch (Commanded by the King Zephiel himself and the Dragon General Narshen), and the Etrurian Coup d´etat army. General Cecilia was defeated by King Zephiel in single combat at a castle in the island of Missur. General Cecilia was rescued by Roy and the Lycian Alliance Army. The Anti Coup de'etat army eventually reaches the Etrurian capital of Aquelia, where Narshen was defeated and Etruria was reclaimed.
- Half-Life 2
- Lead by the messianic freedom fighter Dr Gordon Freeman, the revolution of humanity (known as the Resistance Fighters) against an alien race known as the combine takes place over the course of Half-Life 2 and the episodic sequels. Half-Life 2 is a Science fiction First-person shooter computer game and the sequel to the highly acclaimed Half-Life
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
- In the mission 'Coup De Tat`', Imran Zakhaev and his ally, Kahled Al-Asad, execute President Yasir Al-Fulani and assume position over an unknown middle-eastern country. Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare is a First-person shooter Video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for
See also Rebellions in fiction Maquis ( Star Trek) Rebel Alliance ( Star Wars) Varden ( This is a List of fictional military organizations, including military branches of political bodies or governments fringe or guerrilla groups privately run militia and autonomous
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |