Jamming may mean:
- Techniques to limit the effectiveness of an opponent's communications and/or detection equipment.
- In physics, the term jamming is used for apparent changes of state; for example, a granular medium suddenly acting like a solid. Radio jamming is the (usually deliberate transmission of Radio signals that disrupt communications by decreasing the Signal to noise ratio Radar jamming and deception is the intentional emission of Radio Frequency signals to interfere with the operation of a radar by saturating its receiver A mobile phone jammer is an instrument used to prevent cellular phones from receiving signals from or transmitting signals to Base stations When used the jammer effectively Physics (Greek Physis - φύσις in everyday terms is the Science of Matter and its motion. Jamming is the physical process by which some materials such as glasses foams collections of grains and other complex fluids become rigid with increasing density
- E-mail jamming, used by electronic political activists or hackers to disable e-mail systems
- Jamming (fanzine), a late 1970s to early 1980s UK music fanzine edited by Tony Fletcher. E-mail jamming is the use of sensitive words in E-mails to jam the authorities that listen in on them by providing a form of a red herring and an intentional Jamming! was a late 1970s to early 1980s UK Punk zine edited by Tony Fletcher. Tony Fletcher (born April 23, 1964) is a Music journalist best known for his biographies of drummer Keith Moon and the band R
- Jamming (or jam session), an informal, semi-improvised performance by a group of rock or jazz musicians. A jam session is a Musical act where Musicians gather and play (or "jam") without extensive preparation or predefined Arrangements
- Jamming (dance), cheered show-offs during social dancing. Jamming in Dance culture is a kind of informal show-off during a Social dance party
- A set of climbing moves that involve wedging a body part into a crack when rock climbing. A climbing technique is any type of body Postures movements and holds used in Climbing. Rock climbing is a Sport in which participants climb up or across natural rock formations or man-made rock walls with the goal of reaching the
- Culture jamming, the act of using existing mass media to comment on those very media themselves, using the original medium's communication method. A precise definition of culture jamming is elusive It has been called a Resistance movement to Cultural hegemony, whereas some say the defining theme of culture jamming
- Jamming, a song by Bob Marley from the Album, Exodus (album). " Jamming " is a song by the Reggae band Bob Marley & the Wailers from their 1977 album Exodus. Exodus is a Roots reggae album released by Bob Marley & the Wailers on June 3, 1977 (see 1977 in music)
Can also be "slang" for "chilling or "hanging around", widely known in the UK.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- Present participle of jam.
network: | |