The naval ensign of Israel
Soldier of the Israeli Sea Corps
The Israeli Sea Corps (Hebrew: חיל הים הישראלי) is the naval arm of the Israel Defense Forces, operating primarily in the Mediterranean Sea in the west and in the Gulf of Eilat, Red Sea, and Gulf of Suez in the south. The Israel Defense Forces ( IDF) (צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל, lit The Israel Defense Forces ( IDF) (צְבָא הַהֲגָנָה לְיִשְׂרָאֵל, lit The Gulf of Aqaba ( Arabic: خليج العقبة transliterated: Khalyj al-'Aqabah in Israel known as the Gulf of Eilat ( Hebrew The Red Sea is a Salt water Inlet of the Indian Ocean between Africa and Asia. The Sea Corps current commander is Aluf Eli Marom. Aluf Eli (Eliezer Marom is a vice admiral in the Israel Defense Forces and currently the commander of the Israeli Sea Corps.
- Haifa base - the Missile Boats Flotilla, the Submarine Flotilla, Patrol Boats Unit 914. Haifa (חֵיפָה; حَيْفَا) is the largest City in Northern Israel, and the third-largest city in the country with This is for the type of warship For other uses of Missile Boat, see Missile Boat (disambiguation A Missile Boat is a small craft armed
- The symbol of the Haifa base is two arrows - one signifying the Missile Boats Flotilla and the other the Submarine Flotilla
- Atlit base - base of Shayetet 13
- Ashdod base - mainly a base for Patrol Boats Unit 916. Atlit (עתלית is a small coastal town in the form of a communal settlement, located south of Haifa in Israel. Shayetet 13 (שייטת 13 lit Flotilla 13 is the Israel Defense Forces naval Special forces unit Ashdod (אַשְׁדּוֹד اشدود إسدود Isdud) located in the South District of Israel, on the Mediterranean Sea coast
- The symbol of the Ashdod base is two opposing arrows .
- Eilat base - Patrol Boats Unit 915. Eilat (Hebrew אילת should not be confused with the nearby kibbutz of Eilot (Hebrew אילות
- The Eilat base was founded in 1951 and has been in charge of the Red Sea Naval Zone of the Israeli Navy since 1981, when the Red Sea Naval Command Center was withdrawn from Sharm el-Sheikh according to the Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty. Sharm el Sheikh (شرم الشيخ Sharm al-Shaykh) often known simply as "Sharm" is a city situated on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula, in
- The symbol of the Eilat base symbolizes the red roofs of the houses of Eilat.
- The Naval Training base - located in Haifa. Haifa (חֵיפָה; حَيْفَا) is the largest City in Northern Israel, and the third-largest city in the country with
- The submarine operations school, the missile boat operations school, and the naval command school are located in the Naval Training Base.
- Mamtam (Hebrew: ממת"ם) - IT, processes and computing.
- Mamtam is a small unit that is responsible for all communications and computer infrastructure and the IT systems, both logistic and operational, in the Israeli Navy. The soldiers that serve there are mainly programmers and university graduates in engineering, computer science and more technological degrees.
- The symbol of the Haifa base is an owl - symbolizing wisdom and hard learning. .
- Naval Shipyards
- The Navy Headquarters - Tel Aviv
The 3rd Flotilla
The Missile Boats Flotilla is based in the port of the city of Haifa. Tel Aviv-Yafo (תֵּל ־אָבִיב-יָפוֹ تل أبيب Tal ʾAbīb) (usually Tel Aviv) is the second-largest city in Israel This is for the type of warship For other uses of Missile Boat, see Missile Boat (disambiguation A Missile Boat is a small craft armed Haifa (חֵיפָה; حَيْفَا) is the largest City in Northern Israel, and the third-largest city in the country with
- Protecting Israeli commerce at sea against foreign fleets.
- Preventing a possible naval blockade of Israeli ports during wartime.
- Blockading enemy ports at wartime.
The 7th Flotilla
The Submarine Flotilla is a volunteer elite unit. A submarine is a Watercraft that can operate independently below water as distinct from a Submersible that has only limited underwater capability Founded in 1959.
- Israel's underwater attack force.
- Attacking enemy craft in their home ports.
- Covert information gathering.
- Acting as a support unit for other units.
- Three advanced 1925-ton diesel-electric Dolphin-class submarines commissioned in 1998 and allegedly capable of carrying nuclear-armed Popeye Turbo cruise missiles. Boats Dolphin 5/1998 Leviathan 1999 Tekumah 2000 Year 1998 ( MCMXCVIII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display full 1998 Gregorian calendar) A nuclear submarine is a Submarine powered by Atomic energy. Previously conventional submarines used diesel engines that required air for moving on the The AGM-142 Have Nap is an air to ground missile developed in Israel and the United States. A cruise missile is a guided Missile that carries an explosive payload and uses a lifting wing and a propulsion system usually a Jet engine, to allow
On Aug 24, 2006, the Israeli Navy ordered three additional nuclear weapon capable submarines (Type 214 - Dolphin Class) from a German manufacturer, giving it an offensive capability to launch cruise and nuclear weapons, as well as a second strike survivability/relaunch capability. The three additional Dolphin Class subs are expected to be delivered to the Israeli Navy in year 2010.
Naval commandos: special forces and a counter terrorist unit. Shayetet 13 (שייטת 13 lit Flotilla 13 is the Israel Defense Forces naval Special forces unit In Military science, the term commando can refer to an individual a Military unit, or a raiding style of military operation. In most countries special forces (SF is a generic term for highly-trained Military teams/units that conduct specialized operations such as Reconnaissance Counter-terrorism or counterterrorism refers to the practices tactics, techniques and strategies that Governments militaries, Police departments
The Corps' relies on its Naval Intelligence Department for sea intelligence. The Israeli Naval Intelligence Department is a chief unit of the IDF Sea Corps. Intelligence (abbreviated int or intel) is not Information, but the product of evaluated information valued for its currency and relevance rather than
INS Eilat (501) and INS Lahav (502) under construction at the Ingalls Shipbuilding shipyard, 1993.
- Saar 5 class missile corvettes
- INS Eilat (501) (1994) - Active
- INS Lahav (502) (Blade, 1994) - Active
- INS Hanit (503) (Spear, 1995)(it was targeted and severely damaged by Hezbollah in the 2006 Lebanon war. Combat history See also INS Hanit On July 14, 2006, while enforcing a blockade off Beirut, the INS ''Hanit'' Combat history See also INS Hanit On July 14, 2006, while enforcing a blockade off Beirut, the INS ''Hanit'' Combat history See also INS Hanit On July 14, 2006, while enforcing a blockade off Beirut, the INS ''Hanit'' Attack on July 14 2006 During the 2006 Lebanon War, the vessel was patrolling in Lebanese waters ten Nautical miles off the coast of Beirut Hezbollah (حزب الله, literally " party of God " is a Shi'a Islamic political and Paramilitary organisation Background See also Israel-Lebanon conflict The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO had engaged in cross-border attacks from Southern Lebanon ) - Active
INS Hetz, 1991.
Dabur class boat 860, 1998.
- Dabur class patrol boats - 12 built by Sewart Seacraft, the rest by IAI-Ramta - 34 adopted in 1973-77, 15 active, numbers in a 860-920 range. Israel Aerospace Industries ( Hebrew: התעשייה האווירית לישראל ha-ta`aSiyyâh ha-'awîrît lë-yiSrâ'êl) or IAI (תע"א ta`a'
- Super Dvora class fast patrol boats - built by IAI-Ramta
- Shaldag class fast patrol boats
- Shaldag Mk II - 5 ordered
- Nachshol class patrol boats (Stingray Interceptor-2000) - built by Stingray Marine - 3 adopted (1997-98), 2 active
- INS Keshet - cargo ship
- INS Nir - costal tender ship
- INS Nahariya - coastal tender ship
- 78-ton tugs - built in Israel
- On August 25, 2006, Israel signed a deal with Germany to purchase two additional submarines, a deal valued at $1. Operational history Sri Lanka The Dvora has become the work horse of the Sri Lanka Navy which has deployed it since the mid 1980 's to counter Performance The Super Dvora Mk-III craft features interception of sea target at high-speeds approaching; long range missions thanks to its sea replenishment ability ahead of a typical Design and Construction Hull deck and deckhouse are of welded marine aluminium alloy with transverse frames and longitudinals Boats Dolphin 5/1998 Leviathan 1999 Tekumah 2000 Events 1248 - The Dutch city of Ommen receives city rights and fortification rights from Otto III the Year 2006 ( MMVI) was a Common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany ( ˈbʊndəsʁepuˌbliːk ˈdɔʏtʃlant is a Country in Central Europe. 3 billion, with Germany financing one-third of the total cost. sup>
- Dolphin type underwater crafts
- Maiale (pig) type underwater crafts
- Snunit boats
- Zaharon boats
- Moulit boats
- Morena rigid-hulled inflatable boats
The Protector Unmanned Naval Patrol Vehicle. Human torpedoes or manned torpedoes were secret naval weapons of World War II.
- Harpoon - Anti ship missile
- Barak - Ship Point Defense Missile System
- Gabriel - Sea to Sea missile
- Typhoon - Naval Optronic Stabilized Weapon Platforms
- NAVAL Artillery Rocket System
- Protector Unmanned Naval Patrol Vehicle
- EL/M-2221 STGR - Search, Track & Guidance/Gunnery Radar
- EL/M-2228S AMDR - Automatic Missile Detection Radar
- EL/M-2228X SGRS - Surveillance & Gunnery Radar System
- EL/M-2238 STAR -Surveillance & Threat Alert Radar
- EL/M-2226 ACSR - Advanced Coastal Surveillance Radar
List of Commanders
List of all ships
Barak (the Hebrew word for Lightning) is an Israeli Surface-to-air missile designed to be used as a point-defense missile on warships defending against The Gabriel is an Israeli Sea-skimming Anti-ship missile, also known as a Scorpion missile in the South African Navy. The Typhoon is a type of close in weapon system manufactured by RAFAEL Armament Development Authority of Israel The Protector Unmanned surface vehicle (USV was developed by the RAFAEL Armament Development Authority in response to emerging Terrorist threats against Aluf (Major General Shmuel "Shmulik" Tankus (שמואל טנקוס born 14 November 1914) was the fifth commander of the Israeli Sea Corps Yohai Ben-Nun ( December 17, 1924, Haifa, Palestine — June 6, 1994, New York City, NY) was the sixth Zeev Almog (זאב אלמוג also written Ze'ev Almog February 1, 1935) 1979 - 1985 Commander In Chief of the (C Amihai "Ami" Ayalon (עמיחי איילון born 27 June 1945) is an Israeli politician and Knesset member representing the Labor Party Aluf David Ben Ba'ashat (b 1950 is a general in the Israel Defense Forces and until July 26, 2007 was the commander of the Israeli Aluf Eli (Eliezer Marom is a vice admiral in the Israel Defense Forces and currently the commander of the Israeli Sea Corps. The military equipment of Israel includes a wide array of arms tanks planes cannons armored vehicles The submarine was purchased by Israel along with two of her T-class sisters in 1965 HMS Truncheon and HMS Turpin Palyam (פלי"ם an abbreviation of Plugat HaYam (פלוגת הים lit
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |