An Instrument is a tool, intended for a purpose other than mechanical work, in particular a refined one. In Physics, mechanical work is the amount of Energy transferred by a Force.
- Musical instruments are devices designed to produce music, frequently by plucking or striking a string or bell or drum surface, or by forcing air to resonate (see wind instrument). A musical instrument is a device constructed or modified for the purpose of making Music. A wind instrument is a Musical instrument that contains some type of Resonator (usually a tube in which a column of air is set into vibration by the player blowing
- Scientific instruments are devices intended to assist in the conduct of science. An example would be the test tubes and other glassware one might find in a chemistry or biology laboratory. Scientific instruments are not limited to laboratory equipment; an example is the Hubble telescope. Laboratory equipment refers to the various Tools and Equipment used by Scientists working in a Laboratory. The Hubble Space Telescope ( HST; also known colloquially as "the Hubble" or just "Hubble" is a space telescope that was carried into Specific categories of scientific instruments include
- Measuring instruments are devices used to measure or compare the magnitude of physical properties, such as voltmeters, speedometers, timers and clocks, weighing machines,etc. In the Physical sciences Quality assurance, and Engineering, Measurement is the activity of obtaining and comparing physical quantities Circadian Locomotor Output Cycles Kaput, or Clock is a gene which encodes proteins regulating Circadian rhythm. A checkweigher is an automatic machine for checking the Weight of packaged commodities
- Analytical instruments are devices used to measure multiple or complex material properties, such as mass spectrometers.
- Astronomical instruments are use to observe, record and measure the position of heavenly bodies, such as stars, planets, comets etc.
- Flight instruments are devices used to maintain attitude of aircraft in IMC. Most aircraft are equipped with a standard set of flight instruments which give the pilot information about the aircraft's attitude airspeed and altitude Aircraft attitude is used to mean two closely related aspects of the situation of an aircraft in flight Instrument meteorological conditions (IMC sometimes referred to as Blind flying, is an aviation term that describes weather conditions that normally require pilots to
- Medical instruments are devices for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases, such as stethoscopes. A medical device is an object which is useful for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes
- Instruments of torture is a term for the means whereby some act of torture is accomplished. Torture, according to the United Nations Convention Against Torture, is "any act by which severe pain or suffering, whether physical or mental is intentionally
- Legal instruments are documents used to formally document various types of transactions or confirm certain statuses for specific purposes, such as confirming contractual relations, civil status, etc. Legal instrument is a legal Term of art that is used for any written legal document such as a Certificate, a Deed, a will Examples include wills, writs, court order, contracts, treaties, marriage licenses and driver's licenses.
- Financial instruments are documents used to formally document various types of financial transactions. Financial instruments are cash evidence of an ownership interest in an entity or a contractual right to receive or deliver cash or another financial instrument Examples include loan agreements, bonds, mortgages, stocks and floating charges.
- Negotiable instruments are a class of documents evidencing promises or orders to pay a certain sum of money. A negotiable instrument is a specialized type of " Contract " for the payment of money that is unconditional and capable of transfer by negotiation
- In statistics, an instrument is an instrumental variable. In Statistics, Econometrics, and related disciplines the method of instrumental variables ( IV) is used to estimate causal relationships when controlled
- A statutory instrument refers to a regulation or other secondary legislation passed pursuant to authority given by primary legislation. In Law, a Statutory Instrument is a form of delegated or Secondary legislation.
- Vehicle instrument (i. Vehicle instrument is an instrument that measures some parameters in the vehicle often found on its control panel or Dashboard. e. speedometer, fuel gauge. . . ), analogical or, nowadays, digital.
- Instrument - a documentary film about the band Fugazi. Instrument is a Documentary film by Jem Cohen about the band Fugazi. Fugazi are an American alternative / post-hardcore band that formed in Washington D
- INSTRUMENTS is a band from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Instruments is a performance visualizer built in to Mac OS X v10.5. Instruments (formerly Xray is an application performance analyzer and visualizer integrated in Xcode 3 Mac OS X version 105 “Leopard” is the sixth major release of Mac OS X, Apple’s desktop and server Operating system for Macintosh
- weather instruments. This is a list of devices used for recording various aspects of the Weather.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- A device used to produce music.
- A measuring or displaying device.
- A tool, implement.
- (law) A legal document, such as a contract, deed, trust, mortgage, power, indenture, or will.
- (figuratively) A person used as a mere tool for achieving a goal.
- To apply measuring devices.
- To devise, conceive, cook-up, plan.
network: | |