BSE & NSE:ICICI, NYSE: IBN
|Founded||1955 (as Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India)|
|Headquarters||ICICI Bank Ltd. The term privately held company refers to ownership of a business company in two different ways first referring to ownership by non-governmental organizations and second The Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (मुंबई शेयर बाज़ार Mumbaī Śeyar Bājār) (formerly The Stock Exchange Mumbai; popularly called The National Stock Exchange of India Limited or S&P CNX NIFTY ( NSE) is a Mumbai -based Stock exchange. The New York Stock Exchange ( NYSE) is a Stock exchange based in New York City. Year 1955 ( MCMLV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays the 1955 Gregorian calendar) ICICI Bank ( (formerly Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) is India 's largest private sector bank in market capitalization and second largest ,|
ICICI Bank Towers,
|Key people||N Vaghul, K. Mumbai ( Marathi:,, IPA: formerly Bombay, is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra and the financial India, officially the Republic of India (भारत गणराज्य inc-Latn Bhārat Gaṇarājya; see also other Indian languages) is a country V. Kamath, Chanda Kochhar, Kalpana Morparia, V Vaidyanathan, Madhabi Puri|
|Products||Loans, Credit Cards, Savings, Investment vehicles, Insurance etc. In Marketing, a product is anything that can be offered to a Market that might satisfy a want or need A credit card is part of a system of Payments named after the small Plastic card issued to users of the system |
|Revenue||▲ USD 5. In business revenue or revenues is Income that a company receives from its normal business activities usually from the sale of goods and services The United States dollar ( sign: $; code: USD) is the unit of Currency of the United States; it has also been 79 billion|
|Total assets||Rs. In Business and Accounting, assets are everything owned by a person or company (all tangible and intangible property that can be converted into cash. 3,997. 95 billion (US$ 100 billion) at March 31, 2008. employees = over 33,000|
ICICI Bank HQ at BKC Mumbai
ICICI Bank (BSE: ICICI) (formerly Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) is India's largest private sector bank in market capitalization and second largest overall in terms of assets. A website (alternatively web site or Web site, a back-construction from the Proper noun World Wide Web) is a collection of Web pages The Bombay Stock Exchange Limited (मुंबई शेयर बाज़ार Mumbaī Śeyar Bājār) (formerly The Stock Exchange Mumbai; popularly called India, officially the Republic of India (भारत गणराज्य inc-Latn Bhārat Gaṇarājya; see also other Indian languages) is a country ICICI Bank has total assets of about USD 100 Billion (end-Mar 2008), a network of over 1308 branches and offices, about 3950 ATMs, and 24 million customers (as of end July 2007). ICICI Bank offers a wide range of banking products and financial services to corporate and retail customers through a variety of delivery channels and through its specialised subsidiaries and affiliates in the areas of investment banking, life and non-life insurance, venture capital and asset management. ICICI Bank is also the largest issuer of credit cards in India. . ICICI Bank has listed its equity shares on stock exchanges at Kolkata and Vadodara, Mumbai and the National Stock Exchange of India Limited, and its ADRs on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). Mumbai ( Marathi:,, IPA: formerly Bombay, is the capital of the Indian state of Maharashtra and the financial The National Stock Exchange of India Limited or S&P CNX NIFTY ( NSE) is a Mumbai -based Stock exchange. An American Depositary Receipt (or ADR represents the ownership in the shares of a foreign company trading on US financial markets The New York Stock Exchange ( NYSE) is a Stock exchange based in New York City.
The Bank is expanding in overseas markets and has the largest international balance sheet among Indian banks. The Bank now has wholly-owned subsidiaries, branches and representatives offices in 18 countries, including an offshore unit in Mumbai. This includes wholly owned subsidiaries in the UK, Canada and Russia, offshore banking units in Singapore and Bahrain, an advisory branch in Dubai, branches in Sri Lanka, Hong Kong and Belgium, and rep offices in the US, China, United Arab Emirates, Bangladesh, South Africa, Indonesia, Thailand and Malaysia. In particular, the bank is targeting the NRI (Non Resident Indian) population
ICICI Bank reported marked-to-market loss of $264 million as of January 31, 2008 following the USA subprime mortgage crisis. The subprime mortgage crisis is an ongoing financial crisis characterized by contracted Liquidity in global credit markets and Banking
- 1955 The World Bank, the Government of India and representatives of Indian industry formed ICICI Limited as a development finance institution to provide medium-term and long-term project financing to Indian businesses. Year 1955 ( MCMLV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays the 1955 Gregorian calendar) The World Bank is an internationally supported Bank that provides financial and technical assistance to developing countries for development programs (e (Similar financial institutions included IDBI and SIDBI). The Small Industries Development Bank of India ( is a state-run Bank aimed to aid the growth and development of micro small and medium scale industries in India. ICICI was not a bank - it could not take retail deposits - and nor was it required to comply with Indian banking requirements for liquid reserves. ICICI borrowed funds from many multilateral agencies (such as the World Bank), often at concessional rates. It used these to make large corporate loans.
- 1994 ICICI established Banking Corporation as a banking subsidiary. Year 1994 ( MCMXCIV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display full 1994 Gregorian calendar) formerly Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India. Later, ICICI Banking Corporation was renamed as 'ICICI Bank Limited'. ICICI founded a separate legal entity, ICICI Bank, to undertake normal banking operations - taking deposits, credit cards, car loans etc.
- 1999 ICICI became the first Indian company and the first bank or financial institution from non-Japan Asia to list on the NYSE. Year 1999 ( MCMXCIX) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1999 Gregorian calendar) The New York Stock Exchange ( NYSE) is a Stock exchange based in New York City.
- 2001 ICICI acquired Bank of Madura (est. Year 2001 ( MMI) was a Common year starting on Monday according to the Gregorian calendar. Bank of Madura (est 1943 by Karumuttu Thiagarajan Chettiar. Bank had acquired Chettinad Mercantile Bank (est 1943). Year 1943 ( MCMXLIII) was a Common year starting on Friday (the link will display full 1943 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Bank of Madura was a Chettiar bank, and had acquired Chettinad Mercantile Bank (est. The Chettiars also Chetty, Chetti, Setty, Chitty, Shetty and Shettigar is a title commonly used by people of South 1933) and Illanji Bank (established 1904) in the 1960s. Year 1933 ( MCMXXXIII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Year 1904 ( MCMIV) was a Leap year starting on Friday (link will display calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Leap year starting on The 1960s decade refers to the years from the beginning of 1960 to the end of 1969
- 2002 The Boards of Directors of ICICI and ICICI Bank approved the reverse merger of ICICI, ICICI Personal Financial Services Limited and ICICI Capital Services Limited, into ICICI Bank. See also 2002 (disambiguation Year 2002 ( MMII) was a Common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar. After receiving all necessary regulatory approvals, ICICI integrated the group's financing and banking operations, both wholesale and retail, into a single entity. Also in 2002, ICICI Bank bought the Shimla and Darjeeling branches that Standard Chartered Bank had inherited when it acquired Grindlays Bank. Shimla [ʃɪmla] ( Hindi: शिमला originally called Simla, is a city in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh Darjeeling ( Nepali:) is a town in the Indian state of West Bengal. Standard Chartered Bank (, is a British Bank headquartered in London with operations in more than seventy countries The Grindlays Bank was a major British Overseas bank established in 1828
- 2002 ICICI established representative offices in NY and London. See also 2002 (disambiguation Year 2002 ( MMII) was a Common year starting on Tuesday of the Gregorian calendar.
- 2003 ICICI opened subsidiaries in Canada and the United Kingdom (UK), and in the UK it established alliance with Lloyds TSB. Year 2003 ( MMIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday of the Gregorian calendar. It also opened an Offshore Banking Unit (OBU) in Singapore and representative offices in Dubai and Shanghai.
- 2004 ICICI opens a rep office in Bangladesh to tap the extensive trade between that country, India and South Africa. "MMIV" redirects here For the Modest Mouse album see " Baron von Bullshit Rides Again "
- 2005 ICICI acquired Investitsionno-Kreditny Bank (IKB), a Russia bank with about US$4mn in assets, head office in Balabanovo in the Kaluga region, and with a branch in Moscow. Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. ICICI renamed the bank ICICI Bank Eurasia. ICICI Bank offered a high-interest (5. 4% gross) internet savings account to UK customers. Also, ICICI established a branch in Dubai International Financial Centre and in Hong Kong.
- 2005 ICICI Bank UK launches HiSave brand. Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. An online deposit taking brand primarily targeting UK resident Indians and secondarily the wider UK population.
- 2006 ICICI Bank UK opened a branch in Antwerp, in Belgium. Year 2006 ( MMVI) was a Common year starting on Sunday of the Gregorian calendar. ||-||-||-||} Antwerp ( Dutch:, French: Anvers) is a City and Municipality in Belgium and the capital of the The Kingdom of Belgium is a Country in northwest Europe. It is a founding member of the European Union and hosts its headquarters as well as those ICICI opened representative offices in Bangkok, Jakarta, and Kuala Lumpur. Bangkok, known in Thai as Krung Thep Maha Nakhon (krūŋtʰêːp máhǎːnákʰɔn) or Krung Thep ( for short is the Capital, largest Jakarta (also DKI Jakarta) is the Capital and largest city of Indonesia. Kuala Lumpur (ˈkwɑːləlʊmˈpʊər Malay /kwɑlɑlʊmpʊ/ and locally /kwɑləlʊmpɔ/ or even /kɔlɔmpɔ/ or often abbreviated as K
- 2007 ICICI amalgamated Sangli Bank, which was headquartered in Sangli, in Maharashtra State, and which had 158 branches in Maharashtra and another 31 in Karnataka State. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. The twin cities of Sangli and Miraj are located in the Indian state of Maharashtra, nearly 400 kilometers southeast of Mumbai. Maharashtra ( Marathi: mahārāṣṭra, IPA) is a state located on the western coast of India. Karnataka (ಕರ್ನಾಟಕ pronounced) is a state in the southern part of India ICICI also received permission from the government of Qatar to open a branch in Doha and from the US Federal Reserve to open a branch in New York. Qatar ( قطر; ˈqɑtˁɑr local pronunciation giṭar officially the State of Qatar (Arabic دولة قطر transliterated Doha (الدوحة or Ad-Dōḥah) is the Capital city of Qatar. New York ( is a state in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the United States and is the nation's third most populous ICICI Bank Eurasia opened a second branch, this time in St. Petersburg.
- 2008 ICICI Bank launched  iMobile, a comprehensive Mobile banking solution. 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common iMobile is considered to be a breakthrough innovation in Indian Banking which allows a customer to do all possible transactions through a GPRS-enabled mobile phone.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |