in Dishonored Lady (1947)
|Born||Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler|
November 9, 1913
|Died||January 19, 2000 (aged 86)|
|Years active||1930 - 1958|
|Spouse(s)||Fritz Mandl (1933-1937)|
Gene Markey (1939-1941)
John Loder (1943-1947)
Teddy Stauffer (1951-1952)
W. Dishonored Lady ( 1947) is a film starring Hedy Lamarr, Dennis O'Keefe, John Loder, William Lundigan, and Natalie Schafer Events 694 - Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims sentencing all Year 1913 ( MCMXIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Vienna ( in Wien; see also other names) is the Capital of Austria, and is also one of the nine States of Austria. Austria (Österreich ( officially the Republic of Austria (Republik Österreich Events 1419 - Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England completing his reconquest of Normandy. 2000 ( MM) was a Leap year that started on Saturday of the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. Orlando is a major City in central Florida, USA and is the County seat of Orange County Florida. Eugene "Gene" Lawrence Markey Jr (December 11 1895&ndashMay 1 1980 was an American author producer screenwriter and highly decorated naval officer John Loder ( April 7 1946 - August 12 2005) was a British sound engineer, Record producer and founder of Howard Lee (1953-1960)
Lewis J. Boies (1963-1965)
Hedy Lamarr (November 9, 1913 – January 19, 2000) was an Austrian-born American actress. Events 694 - Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims sentencing all Year 1913 ( MCMXIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Events 1419 - Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England completing his reconquest of Normandy. 2000 ( MM) was a Leap year that started on Saturday of the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. Austria (Österreich ( officially the Republic of Austria (Republik Österreich The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Though known primarily for her great beauty and her successful film career, she also co-invented an early form of spread spectrum encoding, a key to modern wireless communication. Spread-spectrum techniques are methods by which Energy generated in a particular bandwidth is deliberately spread in the Frequency domain, resulting 
Early career in Europe
She was born as Hedwig Eva Maria Kiesler in Vienna, Austrian Empire, to Emil Kiesler, a bank director, and Gertrud née Lichtwitz, pianist. Vienna ( in Wien; see also other names) is the Capital of Austria, and is also one of the nine States of Austria. For the history of these states before 1804 see Holy Roman Empire, Habsburg Monarchy, and articles on each of the component countries. Though part Jewish, she was raised as Catholic, and studied ballet and piano. When working with Max Reinhardt in Berlin, he called her the "most beautiful woman in Europe". Max Reinhardt ( September 9, 1873 - October 30, 1943) was an Austrian (later naturalised American) theatre and film Berlin is the capital city and one of sixteen states of Germany. Soon, the teenage girl played major roles in German movies, alongside stars like Heinz Rühmann and Hans Moser. Cinema in Germany can be traced back to the very beginnings of the medium at the end of the 19th century Heinrich Wilhelm "Heinz" Rühmann ( March 7 1902 &ndash October 3 1994) was a popular German film Actor. Hans Moser may be Hans Moser (actor (1880-1964 Austrian actor Hans Moser (director (born 1944 German movie director
In early 1933, she starred in Symphonie der Liebe or Ecstasy, a Czechoslovak film made in Prague, in which she played a love-hungry young wife of an indifferent old husband. Ecstasy ( Extáze in Czech, Ekstase in German) is a Czech film made in 1933 by the Austro Closeups of her face in orgasm, and long shots of her running nude through the woods, gave the film notoriety.
On 10 August 1933 she married Friedrich Mandl, a Vienna-based arms manufacturer, 13 years her senior. Events 612 BC - Killing of Sinsharishkun, King of Assyrian Empire Year 1933 ( MCMXXXIII) was a Common year starting on Sunday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Friedrich Mandl ( 9 February 1900 in Vienna - 8 September 1977 in Vienna was chairman of Hirtenberger Patronen-Fabrik Vienna ( in Wien; see also other names) is the Capital of Austria, and is also one of the nine States of Austria. The Austrian fascist bought up as many copies of the film as he could possibly find, as he objected to her nudity and "the expression on her face" (the looks of passion were the result of the director poking her in the bottom with a safety pin). Austrofascism (Austrofaschismus is a term which is frequently used by historians to describe the authoritarian rule installed in Austria between 1934 and 1938 He prevented her from pursuing her acting career, and instead took her to meetings with technicians and business partners. In these meetings, the mathematically-talented Lamarr learned about military technology. Otherwise, she had to stay at castle Schwarzenau. She ran away in 1937.
Movie career in Hollywood
First she went to Paris, then met Louis B. Mayer in London. Louis Burt Mayer (born Lazar Meir July 4, 1884 &ndash October 29, 1957) was an early Film producer, most London ( ˈlʌndən is the capital and largest urban area in the United Kingdom. After he hired her, at his insistence she changed her name to Hedy Lamarr, choosing the surname in homage to a famously beautiful film star of the silent era, Barbara LaMarr, who had died of tuberculosis and nephritis in 1926. Barbara La Marr ( Reatha Dale Watson) ( July 28, 1896 in Yakima Washington &ndash January 30, 1926 in Altadena California Tuberculosis (abbreviated as TB for tubercle bacillus or T u' b' erculosis Bacillus --> is a common Nephritis is Inflammation of the Kidney. The word comes from the Greek nephro- meaning "of the kidney" and -itis meaning "inflammation"
in Boom Town (1940)
In Hollywood, she was usually cast as glamorous and seductive. Her American debut was in Algiers (1938). Algiers is a 1938 film directed by John Cromwell and starring Charles Boyer, Sigrid Gurie, and Hedy Lamarr. Her many films include Boom Town (1940), White Cargo (1942), and Tortilla Flat (1942), based on the novel by John Steinbeck. A boomtown is a Community that experiences sudden and rapid population and Economic growth. White Cargo ( 1942) is a film starring Hedy Lamarr and Walter Pidgeon and released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. Tortilla Flat is a 1942 film with Spencer Tracy, Hedy Lamarr, John Garfield, Frank Morgan, Akim Tamiroff John Steinbeck III (February 27 1902—December 20 1968 was one of the best-known and most widely read American writers of the 20th century White Cargo, one of Lamarr's biggest hits at MGM, contains arguably her most famous film quote, "I am Tondelayo". In 1941, she was cast alongside two other Hollywood beauties, Lana Turner and Judy Garland in the musical extravaganza Ziegfeld Girl. Lana Turner ( February 8, 1921 &ndash June 29, 1995) was an Academy Award -nominated American Film Judy Garland (born Frances Ethel Gumm; June 10 1922 – June 22 1969 was an American actress and singer Ziegfeld Girl is a 1941 American film starring James Stewart, Judy Garland, Hedy Lamarr, and Lana Turner
She made 18 films 1940-1949 even though she had two children during that time (1945, 1947). She left MGM in 1945; Lamarr enjoyed her biggest success as Delilah in Cecil B. DeMille's Samson and Delilah, the highest-grossing film of 1949, with Victor Mature as the Biblical strongman. Cecil Blount DeMille ( August 12, 1881 – January 21, 1959) was an Academy Award -winning American Film director Samson and Delilah ( 1949) is a film made by Paramount Pictures, produced and directed by Cecil B Victor Mature ( 29 January 1913 – 4 August 1999) was an American Film actor. However, following her comedic turn opposite Bob Hope in My Favorite Spy (1951), her career went into decline. My Favorite Spy is a 1951 Comedy film starring Bob Hope and Hedy Lamarr. She appeared only sporadically in films after 1950, one of her last roles being that of Joan of Arc in Irwin Allen's critically panned epic The Story of Mankind (1957). Joan of Arc (c 1412 Joan asserted that she had visions from God that told her to recover her homeland from English domination late in the Hundred Years' Irwin Allen ( June 12, 1916 – November 2, 1991) was a television and film producer nicknamed "The Master of Disaster" for his work The Story of Mankind was written and illustrated by American journalist professor and author Hendrik Willem van Loon and published in 1921.
The publication of her autobiography Ecstasy and Me (1967) took place about a year after accusations of shoplifting, and a year after Andy Warhol's short film Hedy (1966), also known as The Shoplifter. Shoplifting (also known as retail theft, or shrinkage within the retail industry is Theft of goods from a Retail establishment by an ostensible For the song by David Bowie, see Andy Warhol (song. Andrew Warhola (August 6 1928 &ndash February 22 1987 known as Andy Warhol The controversy surrounding the shoplifting charges coincided with an aborted return to the screen in Picture Mommy Dead (1966). The role was ultimately filled by Zsa Zsa Gabor. Zsa Zsa Gabor ( born February 6 1917) is a Hungarian -born American Actress and Socialite.
In the ensuing years, Lamarr retreated from public life, and settled in Florida. She returned to the headlines in 1991 when the 78 year old former actress was again accused of shoplifting, although charges were eventually dropped.
Lamarr became a naturalized citizen of the United States on April 10, 1953. Naturalization is the acquisition of Citizenship or Nationality by somebody who was not a citizen or national of that country when he or she was born The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Events 879 - Louis III becomes King of the Western Franks. 1407 - the lama Year 1953 ( MCMLIII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar.
For her contribution to the motion picture industry, Hedy Lamarr has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6247 Hollywood Blvd. The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a Sidewalk along Hollywood Boulevard and Vine Street in Hollywood Los Angeles California, USA, that 
Frequency-hopped spread spectrum invention
Avant garde composer George Antheil, a son of German immigrants and neighbor of Lamarr, had experimented with automated control of instruments. Avant-garde (avɑ̃gaʁd in French) means "advance guard" or "vanguard George Antheil ( July 8, 1900, Trenton New Jersey – February 12, 1959, New York City) was an American Together, he and Lamarr submitted the idea of a Secret Communication System in June 1941. On 11 August 1942, U.S. Patent 2,292,387 was granted to Antheil and Hedy Kiesler Markey. Events 2492 BC - Traditional date of the defeat of Bel by Hayk, progenitor and founder of the Armenian nation Year 1942 ( MCMXLII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (the link will display the full 1942 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. This early version of frequency hopping used a piano roll to change between 88 frequencies and was intended to make radio-guided torpedoes harder for enemies to detect or jam. Frequency-hopping spread spectrum ( FHSS) is a method of transmitting radio signals by rapidly switching a carrier among many frequency channels, using A piano roll is the music Storage medium used to operate the Player piano, pianola or a Reproducing piano. The modern torpedo (historically called an automotive automobile locomotive or fish torpedo is a self-propelled explosive Projectile weapon launched above or below
The idea was impractical, ahead of its time, and not feasible due to the state of mechanical technology in 1942. It was not implemented in the USA until 1962, when it was used by U. S. military ships during a blockade of Cuba, after the patent had expired. Neither Lamarr nor Antheil (who died in 1959) made any money from the patent. Perhaps due to this lag in development, the patent was little-known until 1997, when the Electronic Frontier Foundation gave Lamarr an award for this contribution. The Electronic Frontier Foundation ( EFF) is an international non-profit advocacy and legal organization based in the United States with the stated purpose of being dedicated 
Lamarr's and Antheil's frequency-hopping idea serves as a basis for modern spread-spectrum communication technology, e. g. CDMA used in devices ranging from cordless telephones to WiFi network connections. Code division multiple access ( CDMA) is a Channel access method utilized by various radio communication technologies  Similar patents had been granted to others earlier, like in Germany in 1935 to Telefunken engineers Paul Kotowski and Kurt Dannehl who also received U.S. Patent 2,158,662 and U.S. Patent 2,211,132 in 1939 and 1940. Telefunken is a German radio and television company founded in 1903 in Berlin, as a joint venture of two large companies Siemens & Halske (S & H and
Lamarr wanted to join the National Inventors Council, but she was told that she could better help the war effort by using her celebrity status to sell War Bonds. War bonds are a type of Savings bond used by combatant nations to help fund a war effort and as a Monetary policy for controlling Inflation from an She once raised $7,000,000 at just one event.
In May 2008, playwright Elyse Singer was slated to premiere a new play in New York City, Frequency Hopping, about Antheil and Lamarr's frequency-hopping invention. The City of New York See Paul Lehrman's website antheil. org on Antheil for more information.
Lamarr died in Altamonte Springs, Florida (near Orlando) on January 19, 2000. Altamonte Springs is a City in Seminole County Florida, United States. Orlando is a major City in central Florida, USA and is the County seat of Orange County Florida. Events 1419 - Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England completing his reconquest of Normandy. 2000 ( MM) was a Leap year that started on Saturday of the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. Her son Anthony Loder took her ashes to Vienna and spread them in the Wienerwald, according to her wishes. The Vienna Woods ( German Wienerwald) is a low wooded section of the Alps in eastern Lower Austria and Vienna, covering over 1000  
In 1998, a vector illustration of Lamarr's face was used by Corel Corporation on the packaging and in the publicity for its CorelDRAW 8 software. Vector graphics is the use of geometrical primitives such as points lines, Curves and shapes or Polygon (s which are all based Corel Corporation is a Canadian Computer software company headquartered in Ottawa, Canada CorelDRAW is a Vector graphics editor developed and marketed by Corel Corporation of Ottawa, Canada. Lamarr retained Attorney Michael McDonnell and sued Corel for damages relating to unauthorized use of her likeness. Michael McDonnell is a Florida civil and criminal trial lawyer whose clients have included film legend Hedy Lamarr[http //www The case was resolved in 1999 and settled out of court for an undisclosed sum, under terms that allowed Corel five years of exclusive rights to the image. 
In 2003, the Boeing corporation ran a series of recruitment ads featuring Hedy Lamarr as a woman of science. The Boeing Company is a major Aerospace and defense corporation originally founded by William E No reference to her film career was made in the ads. In 2005, the first Inventor's Day in German-speaking countries was held in her honor on November 9, on what would have been her 92nd birthday. Inventor's Day is a day of the year set aside by a Country to recognise the contributions of Inventors Not all countries recognise Inventors's Day. Events 694 - Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims sentencing all
Briefly engaged to the actor George Montgomery in 1942, Lamarr was married to:
- Friedrich Mandl (1900–1977), married 1933–37; chairman of Hirtenberger Patronen-Fabrik, a leading armaments firm founded by his father, Alexander Mandl. George Montgomery ( August 29, 1916 - December 12, 2000) was an American painter, sculptor, furniture craftsman Friedrich Mandl ( 9 February 1900 in Vienna - 8 September 1977 in Vienna was chairman of Hirtenberger Patronen-Fabrik Mandl, partially of Jewish descent, was a supporter of Austrofascism, although not Nazism. Austrofascism (Austrofaschismus is a term which is frequently used by historians to describe the authoritarian rule installed in Austria between 1934 and 1938
- Gene Markey (1895-1980), screenwriter and producer, married 1939–41; son (adopted in 1941, after their divorce), James Lamarr Markey (b. Eugene "Gene" Lawrence Markey Jr (December 11 1895&ndashMay 1 1980 was an American author producer screenwriter and highly decorated naval officer 1939).  When Lamarr and Markey divorced — she claimed they had only spent four evenings alone together in their marriage — the judge advised her to get to know any future husband longer than the four weeks she had known Markey. Previously, he was married to actresses Joan Bennett and Myrna Loy. Joan Geraldine Bennett (February 27 &ndashDecember 7) was an Emmy -nominated American stage film and television actress Myrna Loy ( August 2, 1905 – December 14, 1993) was an American Motion picture Actress.
- John Loder (born John Muir Lowe, 1898–1988), actor, married 1943–47; two children: Anthony Loder (b. John Loder ( 3 January 1898 – 26 December 1988) was an English actor best known for his tall debonair and suave looks and his marriage 1947) and Denise Loder (b. 1945). Loder adopted Hedy's son, James Lamarr Markey, and gave him his surname. James Lamarr Loder later challenged Hedy Lamarr's will in 2000, which did not mention him. He later dropped his suit against the estate in exchange for a lump-sum payment of $50,000. Anthony Loder is featured in the 2004 European documentary film "Calling Hedy Lamarr". 
- Ernest "Ted" Stauffer (1909-1991), nightclub owner, restaurateur, and former bandleader, married 1951–52.
- W. Howard Lee (1909–1981), a Texas oilman, married 1953–60. In 1960, he married film star Gene Tierney. Gene Tierney ( November 19, 1920 – November 6, 1991) was an American film and stage actress.
- Lewis J. Boies (b. 1920), a lawyer, married 1963–65. They were divorced after Lamarr claimed he had threatened her with a plastic baseball bat and whiffle ball.
- Cecil B. DeMille is said to have gathered the 1,900 peacock feathers that Lamarr wore on her 18-foot-train dress in the film Samson and Delilah (1949) himself, having followed molting peacocks on his ranch for the previous 10 years, until he had collected enough feathers to have the garment made. Events Katharine Hepburn 's film career begins Shirley Temple 's film career begins Disney released Flowers Ecstasy ( Extáze in Czech, Ekstase in German) is a Czech film made in 1933 by the Austro Events British Film Institute founded March 2 - King Kong premieres in New York City. Algiers is a 1938 film directed by John Cromwell and starring Charles Boyer, Sigrid Gurie, and Hedy Lamarr. The year 1938 in film involved some significant events Events January &mdash MGM announces that Judy Garland The year 1939 in film involved some significant events Events Movie historians and film buffs often look back on the year 1939 as "the I Take This Woman is a 1940 Drama film starring Spencer Tracy and Hedy Lamarr. The year 1940 in film involved some significant events Events February 7 - Walt Disney 's animated Film Boom Town is a 1940 adventure drama Hollywood Film starring Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy, Claudette Colbert, Comrade X is a 1940 lighthearted spy movie starring Clark Gable and Hedy Lamarr and directed by King Vidor. The year 1941 in film involved some significant events in particular the release of a film consistently rated as one of the greatest films of all time Ziegfeld Girl is a 1941 American film starring James Stewart, Judy Garland, Hedy Lamarr, and Lana Turner HM Pulham Esq is a 1941 film directed by King Vidor and based on a novel by John P Tortilla Flat is a 1942 film with Spencer Tracy, Hedy Lamarr, John Garfield, Frank Morgan, Akim Tamiroff The year 1942 in film involved some significant events in particular the release of a film consistently rated as one of the greatest films of all time Crossroads is a 1942 Mystery film starring William Powell, Hedy Lamarr, Claire Trevor and Basil Rathbone. White Cargo ( 1942) is a film starring Hedy Lamarr and Walter Pidgeon and released by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer. Show Business at War was a Short film (17 minutes made in 1943 to tout the United States Film industry 's contribution to the The year 1943 in film involved some significant events Events Top grossing films (U The Heavenly Body is a 1944 Romantic comedy film starring William Powell and Hedy Lamarr. The year 1944 in film involved some significant events Events July 20 - Since You Went Away is released Experiment Perilous is a 1944 Melodrama / Film noir set at the turn of the century Her Highness and the Bellboy was a 1945 film starring Hedy Lamarr and Robert Walker. The year 1945 in film involved some significant events Events Paramount Studios releases theatrical short Cartoon The year 1946 in film involved some significant events Events Top grossing films (U Dishonored Lady ( 1947) is a film starring Hedy Lamarr, Dennis O'Keefe, John Loder, William Lundigan, and Natalie Schafer The year 1947 in film involved some significant events Events May 22 - Great Expectations is premiered in New York The year 1948 in film involved some significant events Events Laurence Olivier 's Hamlet becomes the Samson and Delilah ( 1949) is a film made by Paramount Pictures, produced and directed by Cecil B The year 1949 in film involved some significant events Events Top grossing films (U A Lady Without Passport is a suspense film directed by Joseph H The year 1950 in film involved some significant events Events February 15 - Walt Disney Studios See also Copper Canyon (disambiguation The Copper Canyon (Spanish Barranca del Cobre) is a group of canyons consisting of 6 distinct canyons in the Sierra My Favorite Spy is a 1951 Comedy film starring Bob Hope and Hedy Lamarr. The year 1951 in film involved some significant events Events Sweden - May Britt is scouted by Italian The year 1954 in film involved some significant events Events May 12 - The Marx Brothers' Zeppo Marx The Story of Mankind is a 1957 Fantasy film, based on the nonfiction book The Story of Mankind by Hendrik Willem van Loon The year 1957 in film involved some significant events Events October 21 - The movie Jailhouse Rock The year 1958 in film involved some significant events Events February 16- " In the Money " by William Cecil Blount DeMille ( August 12, 1881 – January 21, 1959) was an Academy Award -winning American Film director Samson and Delilah ( 1949) is a film made by Paramount Pictures, produced and directed by Cecil B
- According to My Wicked, Wicked Ways (1959), the autobiography of actor and adventurer Errol Flynn, he went out of his way to meet Lamarr because he had heard of her outstanding beauty and wanted to hear more of her personal life. Errol Leslie Thomson Flynn ( June 20, 1909 &ndash October 14, 1959) was an Australian Film Actor, most "She had been married to the fabulously rich Fritz Mandel, a munitions magnate. The story was that he used to lock up all her jewels, and he used to lock her up too. Her husband let her wear one or two jewels at a time, but never all together, and the jewels were in his safe all the time. One night he was having over a very famous Nazi guest, Prince von Starhemberg, the leader of the Austrian Fascists. This article is about the 20th century conservative politican Mandel was doing a lot of business with him. Hedy asked her husband if she could wear all her jewels that night because she wanted to impress the prince and so be of some help to Mandel in his business relation. Her jeweled entrance caused a sensation. From her fingers up to her shoulders in ice, red ice, blue ice, emeralds, rubies, diamonds. She must have weighed half as much as the late Aga Khan. As the dinner went on, Hedy developed a sick headache and excused herself just for a moment, to go to the bathroom. But she never came back for coffee. Next thing she was in America — in Hollywood — jewels and beauty and talent and all. Now, with Niven prodding me, I didn't know how to get around her to ask her to tell me about her private life, but it sounded intriguing when David repeated, 'See if she'll talk about that night she couldn't stand it anymore and made a getaway. ' Hedy and I talked for a while. I started leading up to it in a diplomatic way, and finally got out the words, 'Where is Mandel now?' At which, from this beautiful creature, came the growl, 'That sonofabitch!' She spat and walked off. "
- In 1965 Lamarr made headlines for being arrested for shoplifting; charges were eventually dropped. This situation played out again in 1991.
- Andy Warhol directed a 70-minute film Hedy (1966) also known as Hedy the Shoplifter, starring drag queen Mario Montez as Hedy. For the song by David Bowie, see Andy Warhol (song. Andrew Warhola (August 6 1928 &ndash February 22 1987 known as Andy Warhol Mario Montez (born Rene Rivera was one of the Warhol superstars, appearing in several of Andy Warhol 's underground films from 1963 to 1968 
- According to her autobiography, Ecstasy and Me (1966), once while running away from Friedrich Mandl, she slipped into a brothel and hid in an empty room. An autobiography, from the Greek αὐτός autos "self" βίος bios "life" and γράφειν graphein "to write" For the 2008 film of this name see The Brothel. For the television series of this name see Cathouse The Series. While her husband searched the brothel, a man entered the room and she had sex with him so she could remain hidden. She was finally successful in escaping when she hired a new maid who resembled her; she drugged the maid and used her uniform as a disguise to escape. Maid is also a shortened form of " Maiden " an archaic word for an unmarried woman or a Virgin.  Lamarr later sued the publisher claiming that many of the anecdotes in the book, which was described by a judge as "filthy, nauseating, and revolting", were fabricated by its ghost writer, Leo Guild. For other uses see Anecdota. For a comparison of anecdote with other kinds of stories see Myth legend fairy tale and fable. A ghostwriter is a professional Writer who is paid to write books articles stories reports or other content which are officially credited to another person 
- In an interview included in the DVD release of Blazing Saddles (1974), Mel Brooks claims that Hedy Lamarr threatened to sue the producers. Blazing Saddles ( 1974) is a satiric Western Comedy film directed by Mel Brooks. Mel Brooks (born Melvin Kaminsky; June 28, 1926) is an American director, Writer, Composer, Lyricist He says she believed the film's running "Hedley Lamarr" joke infringed her right to publicity. In one scene, one character even warns another that Hedy would sue. Brooks says they settled out of court for a small sum.
- In the song "Feed Me (Git it)" from Little Shop of Horrors (1986), Audrey II lists a date with Hedy Lamarr as part of his offer to Seymour in exchange for food. Little Shop of Horrors is the 1986 musical Film adaptation of the Off-Broadway musical comedy of the same name
- In the video game Half-Life 2, Doctor Isaac Kleiner keeps a debeaked headcrab he calls 'Lamarr' and at some points in the game calls 'Hedy'. Half-Life 2 is a Science fiction First-person shooter computer game and the sequel to the highly acclaimed Half-Life Doctor Isaac Kleiner is a Fictional character from the Video games Half-Life and Half-Life 2. A headcrab is a fictional alien Parasitoid found in the Half-Life and Half-Life 2 computer game series The same headcrab appears in the ending sequence of the game. At the end of Half-Life 2: Episode 2, Lamarr stows away on the rocket fired to close the Combine superportal, and thus meets her end. Half-Life 2 Episode Two is the second installment in Valve Corporation 's series of episodes for the First person shooter Computer game
- Hedy Lamarr's story is illustrated by Carla Speed McNeil on Jim Ottaviani's graphic novel, Dignifying Science: Stories of Women Scientists, which focuses on her engineering developments. Carla Speed McNeil is a Sci-fi writer cartoonist and illustrator of Comics. Jim Ottaviani is the author of several Comic books about the History of science. A
- "Films have a certain place in a certain time period. Technology is forever".
- ^ a b Electronic Frontier Foundation (11 March 1997). This is a list of Austrian scientists and scientists from the Austria of Austria-Hungary. The following list is a selection of famous Austrians. For full lists of all famous Austrians please view the sublists Inventor's Day is a day of the year set aside by a Country to recognise the contributions of Inventors Not all countries recognise Inventors's Day. Events 1425 BC - Thutmose III, Pharaoh of Egypt, dies (according to the Low Chronology of the 18th Dynasty Year 1997 ( MCMXCVII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display full 1997 Gregorian calendar "Movie Legend Hedy Lamarr to be Given Special Award at EFF's Sixth Annual Pioneer Awards". Press release. A news release, media release, press release or press statement is a written or recorded Communication directed at members of the News Retrieved on 2007-07-04. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. Events 836 - Pactum Sicardi, peace between the Principality of Benevento and the Duchy of Naples
- ^ a b The ecstasy. The Independent (January 30, 2005). The Independent is a British compact Newspaper published by Tony O'Reilly 's Independent News & Media. Events 1648 - Eighty Years' War: The Treaty of Münster is signed ending the conflict between the Netherlands and Spain Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Retrieved on 2008-02-21. 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common Events 362 - Athanasius returns to Alexandria. 1245 - Thomas, the first known Bishop of Finland
- ^ Hollywood Chamber of Commerce. Hollywood Walk of Fame directory. Retrieved on 2007-07-04. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. Events 836 - Pactum Sicardi, peace between the Principality of Benevento and the Duchy of Naples
- ^ IEEE - Hedy Lamarr, 1914 - 2000
- ^ MicroTimes: The Birth Of Spread Spectrum
- ^ a b Calling Hedy Lamarr, Mischief Films
- ^ http://www.theregister.co.uk/1998/12/02/corel_settles_in_lamarr_pic/
- ^ "Hedy Lamarr Engaged: Screen Star, 27, to Be Bride of George Montgomery, 25", The New York Times, 25 March 1942, p. Events 1199 - Richard I is wounded by a crossbow bolt while fighting France which leads to his death on April 6. Year 1942 ( MCMXLII) was a Common year starting on Thursday (the link will display the full 1942 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. 23
- ^ "Hedy Lamarr Adopts Baby Boy", The New York Times, 5 November 1941, p. Events 1499 - Publication of the Catholicon in Treguier ( Brittany) Year 1941 ( MCMXLI) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (the link will display 1941 calendar of the Gregorian calendar. 30
- ^ Errol Flynn, My Wicked, Wicked Ways (New York: Cooper Square Press, 2003), pages 255-256
- ^ Hedy at the Internet Movie Database
- ^ Hedy Lamarr, with Leo Guild and Cy Rice, "Ecstasy and Me: My Life as a Woman", NY: Bartholomew House, 1966
- ^ "Hedy Lamarr Loses Suit to Halt Book", The New York Times, 27 September 1966, p. Events 489 - Odoacer attacks Theodoric at the Battle of Verona and is defeated again Year 1966 ( MCMLXVI) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display full calendar of the 1966 Gregorian calendar. 74
- ^ "Lamarr Autobiography Prompts Plaigarism Suit", The New York Times, February 1967, p. 18
Events 694 - Egica, a king of the Visigoths of Hispania, accuses Jews of aiding Muslims sentencing all Year 1913 ( MCMXIII) was a Common year starting on Wednesday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar (or a Common Vienna ( in Wien; see also other names) is the Capital of Austria, and is also one of the nine States of Austria. Austria (Österreich ( officially the Republic of Austria (Republik Österreich Events 1419 - Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England completing his reconquest of Normandy. 2000 ( MM) was a Leap year that started on Saturday of the Common Era, in accordance with the Gregorian calendar. Orlando is a major City in central Florida, USA and is the County seat of Orange County Florida.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |