Gaelic medium education(GME) is a form of education in Scotland, Ireland and the Isle of Man. Scotland ( Gaelic: Alba) is a Country in northwest Europethat occupies the northern third of the island of Great Britain. Ireland (pronounced /ˈaɾlənd/ Éire) is the third largest island in Europe, and the twentieth-largest island in the world The Isle of Man (Ellan Vannin ˈɛlʲən ˈvanɪn or Mann (Mannin) is a self-governing Crown dependency, located in the Irish Sea at the geographical GME sees pupils taught primarily via the medium of Gaelic with English being taught as the secondary language. Scottish Gaelic ( Gàidhlig) is a member of the Goidelic branch of Celtic languages. English is a West Germanic language originating in England and is the First language for most people in the United Kingdom, the United States GME is increasingly popular throughout Scotlandwith dedicated Gaelic schools in Glasgow, Sgoil Ghàidhlig Ghlaschu, which caters for ages 3-18 and Inverness,Bun-sgoil Ghàidhlig Inbhir Nis, which is a primary school. Glasgow (ˈglæzgoʊ is the largest city in Scotland and third most populous in the United Kingdom Sgoil Ghàidhlig Ghlaschu or Glasgow Gaelic School is a School in Glasgow which teaches through the medium of Scottish Gaelic, commonly known Inverness (Inbhir Nis iɲɪɾʲˈniʃ is a city in northern Scotland.
In January, 2008, Highland councillors were presented with a report that demand for gaelic medium education was such that four new schools, in addition to the one in Inverness, were required. The Highland Council area ( Sgìre Comhairle na Gàidhealtachd in Gaelic, s̪g̊ʲiːɾʲə kɔ 
- Approximately 840 pupils enrolled in Gaelic medium nurseries.
- 2,048 primary and 433 secondary pupils in Gaelic medium education.
- 160 primary pupils were taught Gaelic through the medium of Gaelic.
- 2,924 were being taught Gaelic as a learner.
- In secondary, 1,292 pupils were being taught Gaelic through the medium of Gaelic.
- 2,095 were being taught Gaelic as a learner.
In total, 9395 pupils were being taught Gaelic.
In Scotland, 21 out of 32 councils offer GME:
- Gaelscoileanna for Irish-Gaelic medium education in Ireland. Aberdeen ( pronounced; Aiberdeen Obar Dheathain is Scotland 's third most populous city and one of Scotland's 32 local government council Angus ( Aonghas in Gaelic) is one of the 32 local government Council areas of Scotland, and a lieutenancy area. This article is about the council area For the constituencies see either Argyll and Bute (UK Parliament constituency or Argyll and Bute (Scottish Parliament constituency Clackmannanshire ( Siorrachd Chlach Mhannainn in Gaelic; nicknamed "the wee county" and sometimes called Clacks is one of the 32 local government Elections General elections to the council are held on a four year cycle East Ayrshire ( Siorrachd Inbhir Àir an Ear in Gaelic) is one of 32 Council areas of Scotland. East Dunbartonshire ( Gaelic: Siorrachd Dhùn Breatainn an Ear, ʃir̴əxg̊ ɣunˈb̊ɾʲɛhd̪̊ɪɲ ə ɲɛɾ is one of the 32 Council areas East Lothian ( Lodainn an Ear in Gaelic) is one of 32 Unitary council areas in Scotland, and a lieutenancy Area. East Renfrewshire ( Siorrachd Rinn Friù an Ear in Gaelic) is one of 32 Council areas of Scotland. Falkirk is also the name of the Scottish council area centred on the town see Falkirk (council area. Glasgow (ˈglæzgoʊ is the largest city in Scotland and third most populous in the United Kingdom The Highland Council area ( Sgìre Comhairle na Gàidhealtachd in Gaelic, s̪g̊ʲiːɾʲə kɔ Inverclyde ( Gaelic: Inbhir Chluaidh, iɲɪɾʲˈxɫ̪uəj is one of 32 council areas of Scotland. North Ayrshire ( Gaelic: Siorrachd Inbhir Àir a Tuath, ʃir̴əxg̊ iɲiɾʲˈaːɾʲ ə t̪uə is one of 32 council areas of Scotland. North Lanarkshire ( Siorrachd Lannraig a Tuath in Gaelic) is one of 32 Council areas in Scotland. Perth and Kinross ( Peairt agus Ceann Rois in Gaelic) is one of 32 unitary council areas in Scotland, and a Lieutenancy Area. Renfrewshire ( Siorrachd Rinn Friù in Scottish Gaelic) is one of 32 Council areas of Scotland. The Scottish Borders, often referred to simply as the Borders, is one of 32 local government council areas of Scotland. South Lanarkshire ( Siorrachd Lannraig a Deas in Gaelic) is one of 32 unitary council areas of Scotland, covering the southern part of the Stirling ( Gaelic: Sruighlea, Scots: Stirlin) is a city and former ancient Burgh in Scotland, and is at A gaelscoil (Plural gaelscoileanna) is an Irish -speaking School, often also Co-educational, usually found in Ireland, but outside
The Scotsman is a Scottish national Newspaper, published in Edinburgh. Events 1419 - Hundred Years' War: Rouen surrenders to Henry V of England completing his reconquest of Normandy. 2008 ( MMVIII) is the current year in accordance with the Gregorian calendar, a Leap year that started on Tuesday of the Common
- ^ Comann nam Pàrant - Foghlam tro Mheadhan na Gàidhlig
- ^ Gaelic Education
- ^ Scotsman.com News
- ^ Call for all gaelic schools The Scotsman January 19, 2008
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |