Gadfly can refer to:
True flies are Insects of the Order Diptera ( Greek: di = two and pteron = wing possessing a single pair of Insects in the order Diptera, family Tabanidae, are commonly called Horse flies, and sometimes also "forest flies" or "deer flies" Oestridae (also called botfly or "bumfly" bot fly) is a family of Oestroidea. " Gadfly " is a term for people who upset the Status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions or attempt to stimulate innovation by proving an irritant Gadfly is a Relational database management system written in Python. The Gadfly is a Novel by Ethel Lilian Voynich, published in 1897 ( United States, June Great Britain, September of the The Gadfly Suite, Op 97a is a music Suite for Orchestra arranged from the composition by Dmitri Shostakovich (1906-1975 for the The gadfly, a type of fly plaguing cattle typically ones belonging to either the family Tabanidae ( horse-flies) or the family Oestridae ( bot flies) appears in The Thomas B Fordham Institute is a nonprofit education policy organization based in Washington D The gadfly petrels are Seabirds in the Bird order Procellariiformes. An independent record label (or indie record label) is a Record label operating without the funding of or outside the organizations of the Major record labels The Gadfly Online was a periodical printed between January 1998 and April 2001 The Gadfly is Los Angeles hip-hop group LPG 's third album It was released under UpRok Records the same record label as Mars ILL and Peace 586
- Gadfly, a type of fly typically belonging to either the family Tabanidae (Horse-fly) or Oestridae (Botfly)
- Gadfly (social), a term for people who upset the status quo
- Gadfly (database), a relational database in the Python programming language
- The Gadfly, a novel by Ethel Lilian Voynich
- The Gadfly Suite, a musical suite by Dmitri Shostakovich for one of the films based on the novel The Gadfly
- Gadfly (mythology), sent by Hera to torment Io
- The Education Gadfly, the weekly e-bulletin of the Thomas B. Fordham Foundation
- Gadfly petrels, a group of petrels in the genera Bulweria and Pterodroma
- Gadfly Records, an independent record label
- Gadfly Online, an online and print magazine
- SA-11 "Gadfly", the NATO reporting name for a Russian surface-to-air missile system "9K37 Buk"
- The Gadfly (album), an album by hip-hop group LPG
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- Any dipterous insect of the genus Oestrus, and allied group of botflies.
- A fly of various species, of the family Tabanid[ae], noted for buzzing about animals and sucking their blood.
- A horsefly.
- One who upsets the status quo by posing upsetting or novel questions, or attempt to stimulate innovation by proving an irritant see Wikipedia.
- (slang) A bloodsucker
network: | |