|Country of origin|| United States|
|No. Reality television is a genre of Television programming which presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations documents actual events and usually features ordinary The United States of America —commonly referred to as the of episodes||6|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Original run||August 6, 2007 – Present|
Fat March is an American reality television series on the ABC network, based on the U.K. Channel Four series Too Big To Walk. The American Broadcasting Company ( ABC) is an American Television network. Events 1538 - Bogotá, Colombia, is founded by Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Reality, in everyday usage means "the state of things as they actually exist" A television program (US television programme (UK or television show (U The American Broadcasting Company ( ABC) is an American Television network. A television network is a distribution network for Television content whereby a central operation provides programming for many Television stations The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain,is a Sovereign state located Channel 4 is a public-service Television and Radio broadcaster in the United Kingdom centred around a television channel of the same name which began It premiered on August 6, 2007. Events 1538 - Bogotá, Colombia, is founded by Gonzalo Jiménez de Quesada. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century.
The show has received mixed reactions from fitness experts. 
The show focuses on twelve individuals walking from the starting line of the Boston Marathon, over 550 miles to Washington, D.C., for a prize of US$1. The Boston Marathon is an annual marathon sporting event hosted by the city of Boston, Massachusetts Washington DC ( formally the District of Columbia and commonly referred to as Washington, the District, or simply D 2 million.
The show focuses on teamwork by starting with the initial prize of 1. 2 million dollars, meaning each contestant will receive $100,000 upon completion. However, at the end of each episode, contestants have the opportunity to nominate any of their team for removal from the walk. Any time someone is voted out, is physically unable to continue, or chooses to stop, each remaining individual's share is cut by $10,000. Participants can choose to vote for no one. It only takes one vote for a person to be ejected; thus if 11 people vote for no one, but one person votes for someone, that one person who received one vote is eliminated.
- Wendy, 40, 5'6", 234 pounds, professional singer: A construction company owner who resides in La Canada, California. La Cañada Flintridge is a city in Los Angeles County, California, United States. She is married with a seven-year-old step-daughter and wants to return to the stage as a singer and songwriter, but needs to lose weight first. Wendy had four top 40 hits in Europe in the nineties.
- Wendy was injured in week one with bone spurs and chronic Plantar Fasciitis, which forced her to leave the march during Stage 3 in Greenwich, Connecticut after walking 205 miles in 5 weeks. Plantar fasciitis is a painful inflammatory condition of the Foot caused by excessive wear to the Plantar fascia that supports the Arch Greenwich is a town in Fairfield County, Connecticut, United States.
- Chantal, 35, 5'2", 250 pounds, comedian: A student who resides in Brookline, Massachusetts. A comedian or comic is a person who seeks to entertain an audience primarily by making them laugh Brookline is a town in Norfolk County, Massachusetts, United States, which borders on the cities of Boston and Newton. She dreams of one day owning a pair of slim designer jeans. Designer jeans are high-fashion Jeans that are marketed as Status symbols.
- She completed Fat March, weighing in at 199 pounds, losing a total of 51 pounds.
- Jami Lyn, 30, 5'9", 226 pounds, military wife: A housewife who resides in Daleville, Alabama. Daleville is a city in Dale County, Alabama, United States. At the 2000 census the population was 4653 She is the mother of three children and finds it difficult to be so much larger than her husband and the only big person in the family.
- Jami Lyn completed Fat March weighing 186 pounds, losing a total of 50 pounds. 2008. She has since gained back 30 pounds.
- Kimberly, 39, 5'5", 274 pounds, former rap diva: A real estate investor who resides in Duluth, Georgia. Rapping (also known as emceeing, MCing, spitting, or just rhyming) is the Rhythmic spoken delivery of Rhymes wordplay and A diva is a celebrated female singer The Italian term is used to describe a woman of rare outstanding talent in the world of Opera, and by extension in theatre and Duluth is a city in Gwinnett County Georgia, and a suburb of Atlanta located in the Metro Atlanta area She was once known as the rap artist Tempest with a top 20 album in Europe. She was in the group Sweetbox. Sweetbox, is a pop music project that was formed in 1995 by executive producer Heiko Schmidt and music producer Roberto "Geo" Rosan Her mother and father died four months apart due to weight-related issues when Kim was 15 years old.
- Kim quit the march in Stage 1.
- Loralie, 30, 5'3", 233 pounds, wants to have a baby: A marketing resources expert who lives in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She is married and dreams of starting a big family, but her doctor requires that she lose weight first before becoming pregnant.
- Loralie completed Fat March, losing a total of 56 pounds, with a final weight of 185 pounds.
- Shea, 27, 5'7", 280 pounds, former college softball player: A makeup/special effects artist who resides in Indian Rocks Beach, Florida. Indian Rocks Beach is a city in Pinellas County, Florida, United States. She is embarrassed that she is the biggest person in the makeup trailer, and her parents are worried about how her weight is affecting her health.
- Shea completed Fat March weighing a total 234 pounds, losing a total of 55 pounds.
- Anthony, 26, 6'3", 410 pounds: He is unemployed and resides in Addison, Illinois. Addison is a village located west of the Chicago Metropolitan Area, in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. He is determined not to let being overweight kill him. He is billed on-screen as a "26 year old virgin. "
- He was voted off after Stage 5.
- Matt, 36, 6'3", 386 pounds: He resides in Cincinnati, Ohio and is married with two children. Matthew "Matt" Anoa'i Teaming with The Hurricane See also Rosey and The Hurricane Later in 2003 The Hurricane "discovered" Rosey's He was released from pro wrestling in the U. Professional wrestling, or pro wrestling, is a non-competitive professional Sport, where all matches are scripted by the promotion's booking staff S. last year when officials felt he was too heavy and it was not safe for him to compete. He must lose weight to return to his career.
- Matt quit the march in Pennsylvania during Stage 5 due to his bad knee.
- Michael, 41, 6'2 1/2", 330 pounds: A lab technician who resides in Elwood, Illinois. Elwood is a village in Will County, Illinois, United States. The population was 2300 at the 2006 population estimation He is married with two children and says he has tried every diet "from A to Z. "
- Michael completed Fat March, weighing in at 239, losing a total of 88 pounds.
- Sam, 22, 5'9", 371 pounds: A certified massage therapist who lives in Everett, Massachusetts, is single, and believes that his weight has kept him from being hired for work. Everett is a city in Middlesex County, Massachusetts, United States, near Boston. He wrestles in independent wrestling promotions as "Makua".
- Sam completed Fat March, losing a total 85 pounds, with a final weight of 297 pounds.
- Shane, 34, 6'0", 519 pounds: A youth minister who lives in Mesquite, Texas. In Christian churches, a minister is someone who is authorized by a church or religious organization to perform clergy functions such as teaching of beliefs Mesquite is a city in Dallas and Kaufman Counties in the US state of Texas and a Suburb of Dallas. He is married with a two-year-old child and another due in October, and wants to be around to watch them grow up.
- Withdrew during Stage 1 due to injury.
- Will, 26, 6'2", 470 pounds: A retail clerk who resides in Brooklyn, New York. Brooklyn (named after the Dutch town Breukelen) is one of the five boroughs of New York City. He eats competitively, is single with no children and would like to inspire others to lose weight and get in shape.
- Voted out after Stage 4.
| This article relating to reality television in the United States is a stub. Events 43 BC - Octavian, later known as Augustus compels the Roman Senate to elect him Consul. Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. TVcom is a website owned by CNET Networks. The service was launched on June 1 2005 and replaced the popular TV Tome website Reality television is a genre of Television programming which presents purportedly unscripted dramatic or humorous situations documents actual events and usually features ordinary The United States of America —commonly referred to as the You can help Wikipedia by expanding it. |
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |