Fantasy Flight Games (FFG) is a Roseville, Minnesota-based game company that creates and publishes role-playing, board, and card games. Roseville is a city in Ramsey County, Minnesota, just north of Saint Paul and east of Minneapolis. A game is a structured activity, usually undertaken for Enjoyment and sometimes also used as an Educational tool A role-playing game ( RPG; often roleplaying game) is a Game in which the participants assume the roles of Fictional characters. A board game is a Game in which counters or pieces that are placed on removed from or moved across a "board" (a premarked surface usually specific to that game A card game is any Game using Playing cards either traditional or game-specific As of 2006, it is the fifth largest board game publisher in the world (#1 and #2 are Milton Bradley and Parker Brothers, both wholly owned by Hasbro). The Milton Bradley Company is an American Game company established by Milton Bradley in Springfield Massachusetts, in 1860 Parker Brothers is a Toy and Game Manufacturer and Brand. Over nearly 115 years the company published more than 1800 games among their Hasbro ( is an American Toy company It is one of the largest toy makers in the world second only to the toy giant Mattel.
- Arkham Horror (2nd Ed), a game based in the world of H. P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu Mythos
- Arkham Horror: Dunwich Horror - game expansion
- Arkham Horror: Curse of the Dark Pharaoh - game expansion
- Arkham Horror: The King in Yellow - game expansion
- Britannia (board game) (2nd Ed)
- Descent: Journeys in the Dark, a fantasy board game using the rules mechanics developed for the Doom board game. Arkham Horror is an Adventure board game designed by Richard Launius, originally published in 1987 by Chaosium and most recently published Howard Phillips Lovecraft ( August 20, 1890 – March 15, 1937) was an American author of horror, fantasy The Cthulhu Mythos is a Shared universe created in the 1920s by American horror writer H Britannia is a strategy Board game, whose most recent edition was released in the winter of 2005, and was produced by Fantasy Flight Games Descent Journeys in the Dark is a 2 to 5 player High fantasy Adventure board game published by Fantasy Flight Games in 2005 Descent shares the setting of Runebound
- Descent: Well of Darkness – game expansion
- Descent: The Altar of Despair – game expansion
- Descent: Road to legend - Game expansion
- Doom: The Board Game – A game based on the computer game Doom. Doom The Boardgame is an Adventure board game for two to four players designed by Kevin Wilson and published by Fantasy Flight Games in 2004 Doom (officially cased DOOM) is a 1993 Computer game by Id Software that is a landmark title in the First-person shooter The design was very successful and subsequently used for the game Descent: Journeys in the Dark.
- Doom: The Board Game Expansion Set – an expansion featuring new game pieces and some harder missions.
- Fury of Dracula
- A Game of Thrones A board game designed to emulate the political and military machinations of the A Song of Ice and Fire novel series by George R.R. Martin
- A Clash of Kings – an expansion to the game, introducing House Martell and other variant rules
- A Storm of Swords – an expansion to the main game introducing variant rules and a variant game board
- Marvel Heroes – A game where you play as a hero team form the marvel universe and protect New York
- Runebound – A very flexible board game similar to Talisman in which two to six heroes travel on a map, seeking out adventures and gaining the necessary strength to defeat the ultimate evil. The Fury of Dracula is a Board game designed by Stephen Hand and published by Games Workshop in 1987. A Game of Thrones is a strategy board game created by Christian T A Song of Ice and Fire is an award-winning series of Epic fantasy Novels by American novelist and screenwriter George R George Raymond Richard Martin ( September 20, 1948) sometimes referred to as GRRM, is an American Author and Screenwriter Marvel Heroes is a strategy/fantasy board game for two to four players released by Fantasy Flight Games in 2006 Runebound is a 2-6 player High fantasy Adventure board game published by Fantasy Flight Games in 2004 Talisman The Magical Quest Game is a Fantasy themed Adventure board game for two to six players produced by Games Workshop. Many different expansions have been released for Runebound.
- StarCraft the Board Game (Released at Gen Con 2007)
- Talisman – A fantasy role-playing board game
- Tannhäuser – A skirmish game based in a reality where the Great War never ended. StarCraft The Board Game, published by Fantasy Flight Games, is a game inspired by the StarCraft computer game Talisman The Magical Quest Game is a Fantasy themed Adventure board game for two to six players produced by Games Workshop. Tannhäuser is a 2007 board Wargame from Take On You which takes place in an alternate reality
- Tide of Iron – World War II tactical conflict game. Tide of Iron is a Wargame designed and published by Fantasy Flight Games, also notable for publishing other large games containing a large number of counters
- Twilight Imperium Board game, somewhat like a 4X computer game (the galactic conquest theme is similar to Master of Orion). Twilight Imperium is a strategy Board game produced by Fantasy Flight Games. 4X games are a genre of strategy Video game where players control an Empire and "eXplore eXpand eXploit and eXterminate Master of Orion ( MoO or MOO) is a Turn-based, 4X Science fiction Computer strategy game
- Warrior Knights, a 2006 remake of the game originally published by Games Workshop
- World of Warcraft: The Board Game, a game loosely based on World of Warcraft with many figures, dice, cards, and a solid time limit (30 turns). Warrior Knights is a board game published by Fantasy Flight Games and released in 2006. The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game or Lord of the Rings SBG rather than Lord of the Rings when World of Warcraft The Board Game is an Adventure board game based on the popular World of Warcraft MMORPG. World of Warcraft (commonly acronymed as WoW) is a Massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG
- Warcraft the Board Game, a strategic table-top game of warfare and economic development with many wooden pieces, game tiles, and cards.
- War of the Ring (board game), a board game that simulates the events of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, specifically the military struggles between the Free Peoples and the armies of Sauron, and the quest to destroy the One Ring. War of the Ring is a strategy board game by Roberto Di Meglio Marco Maggi and Francesco Nepitello produced by Nexus Editrice (Italy
- Battles of the Third Age – an expansion to the game adding new pieces and a companion game
- Blue Moon by Reiner Knizia, a fantasy card game for 2 players
- Call of Cthulhu collectible card game
- Citadels: A city-building card game in which all players choose unique characters with associated powers. Blue Moon, published by Kosmos / Fantasy Flight Games, is Reiner Knizia 's most successful take on the Collectible card game (CCG Reiner Knizia (ˈraɪnɚ ˈknɪtsiːə is a prolific German-style board game designer The Call of Cthulhu Collectible Card Game or Call of Cthulhu Living Card Game is a Collectible card game marketed by Fantasy Flight Games Collectible card games (CCGs also called trading card games (TCGs or customizable card games (CCGs are played using specially designed sets of cards Citadels is a German-style Card game, designed by Bruno Faidutti and originally published in French as Citadelles in 2000 and later
- Cold War: CIA vs. KGB, a card game that centers around the theme of Cold War espionage.
- A Game of Thrones collectible card game
- The Hollywood Card Game A game about running a movie studio. A Game of Thrones (or AGoT for short is a Collectible card game (CCG produced by Fantasy Flight Games (FFG based on the A Song of Ice Collectible card games (CCGs also called trading card games (TCGs or customizable card games (CCGs are played using specially designed sets of cards
- Kingdom Hearts Trading Card Game, a TCG based on the popular Square-Enix and Disney crossover video game series. Kingdom Hearts is a series of action role-playing games developed and published by Square Enix (formerly Square is a Japanese video game and publishing company best known for its Console role-playing game franchises which include the Final Fantasy series the Dragon
- Mag blast, a game of "screaming space combat. Background Mag Blast is a spaceship-themed strategy Card game, produced by gaming company Fantasy Flight Games. "Space combat" redirects here For hypothetical combat in space see Space warfare. "
- Wings of War, a World War I fighter plane combat game. Wings of War, by Andrea Angiolino and Pier Giorgio Paglia, is a modular Boardgame collection published by Nexus Editrice and World War I (abbreviated WWI; also known as the First World War, the Great War, and the War to End All
- The second edition of Blue Planet was published by FFG. Blue Planet is an Environmentalist Science fiction Role-playing game and setting from Biohazard Games The rights to this game is now back in the hands of BioHazard Games.
- Fireborn, set in a London where magic is re-emerging, and the players are scions, dragons from the mythic age reborn as humans who must remember their past lives through roleplayed flashbacks, gaining the power and knowledge they need to prevent the same cataclysm that ended the mythic age from happening again. Fireborn is a Cross-genre Role-playing game incorporating elements of Urban fantasy and High fantasy.
- Dawnforge, a "First Age" setting for Dungeons and Dragons .
- Dragonstar, a space-opera version of Dungeons and Dragons. Dragonstar is a futuristic magic-meets-machine Campaign setting created by Fantasy Flight Games for Wizards of the Coast's D20 Role-playing
- Midnight, a D20 System Campaign Setting based on a world where the Dark Lord actually won. Midnight is a Campaign setting for the Role-playing game Dungeons & Dragons, released under the Open Gaming License. The d20 System is a Role-playing game system published in 2000 by Wizards of the Coast originally developed for the third edition of Dungeons The flexibility of the Dungeons & Dragons rules means that Dungeon Masters are free to create their own fantasy Campaign settings For those who wanted a There are many elements that show up throughout the fantasy genre in different guises
- Horizons, a set of open-ended miniature Campaign Settings for the D20 System, so far numbering 5 settings. The flexibility of the Dungeons & Dragons rules means that Dungeon Masters are free to create their own fantasy Campaign settings For those who wanted a The d20 System is a Role-playing game system published in 2000 by Wizards of the Coast originally developed for the third edition of Dungeons These are:
- Mechamorphosis, sentient giant transforming robots, based on the popular Transformers. This article describes the game by role-playing game "Mechamorphosis" is also used to refer to the transformation of robots in fiction relating to the Robotech This page is about the original Transformers Animated series.
- Grimm, adventuring as children in world a based on twisted versions of Grimm's Fairy Tales. Grimm is a Role-playing game, released by Fantasy Flight Games as part of their Horizon open-ended miniature ''Dungeons & Dragons'' Is to be re-released as a full RPG.
- Redline, vehicle-based adventuring in a post-apocalyptic world.
- Virtual, adventuring inside a computer system, styled after the Disney movie TRON. Tron is a 1982 Disney Science fiction film starring Jeff Bridges as Kevin Flynn (and his counterpart inside the electronic world
- Spellslinger, a conglomeration of "traditional" fantasy and Wild West roleplay.
- The Legends & Lairs series of d20 supplements.
- On the 22nd February 2008 it was announced they had gained all Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000 RPG game rights, and committed to producing new titles. 
External links Dark Heresy or Warhammer 40000 Roleplay is a Role-playing game sharing the same dark gothic background as the Warhammer 40000 Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay (abbreviated to WFRP or WHFRP) is a Role-playing game set in the Warhammer Fantasy
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |