The name element may refer to:
In chemistry, electronics or the geosciences:
- Chemical element, a type of atom
- Electrical element
- Landform element, a particular type of feature. A chemical element is a type of Atom that is distinguished by its Atomic number; that is by the number of Protons in its nucleus. The concept of electrical elements is used in the analysis of Electrical networks.
- Heating element, an electronic device that converts electricity to heat. A heating element converts Electricity into Heat through the process of Joule heating.
- Element Electronics, a brand of LCD TVs, plasma TVs, and portable DVD players
- Element (grammar), any word, part of a word, or group of words that recurs in various contexts in a language with relatively constant meaning. In Computing, an HTML element indicates structure in an HTML document and a way of hierarchically arranging content In Computer science an array is a Data structure consisting of a group of elements that are accessed by indexing. Adobe Photoshop Elements is the consumer version of the Adobe Photoshop Raster image editing product sold at a fraction (roughly 1/6th of the cost of the professional
- Element (criminal), a basic set of common law principles regarding criminal liability. An element of a crime (collectively called elements of crime) is a basic set of Common law principles regarding Criminal liability that with few exceptions
- Classical element
- Five elements (Chinese philosophy), the basis of the universe according to Chinese Taoism
- Five elements (Japanese philosophy), the basis of the universe according to Japanese philosophy
- Tattva, the basis of the universe according to Hindu Samkhya philosophy
- Mahābhūta Buddhist great elements
- Bhūta are five elements in Hinduism. In Mathematics, the elements or members of a set (or more generally a class) are all those objects which when collected together make up the Euclid's Elements ( Greek:) is a mathematical and geometric Treatise consisting of 13 books written by the Greek In Metadata, the term data element is an atomic unit of data that has An identification such as a Data element name A clear Data element definition Michael Gordon Oldfield (born 15 May 1953 in Reading, Berkshire) is an English Multi-instrumentalist Musician Elements is the second solo album from Deep Purple bassist Roger Glover. Elements Pt 1 is an Album by the Finnish Power metal band Stratovarius. Elements Pt 2 is an Album by the Finnish Power metal band Stratovarius. " The Elements " ( 1959) is a song by musical humorist Tom Lehrer, which recites the names of all the Chemical elements known at the time of writing Elements is the thirteenth solo Studio album by Guitarist Steve Howe. Elements is the third and final Album released by the progressive / Technical death metal band Atheist. Hip hop is a Subculture, which is said to have begun with the work of DJ Kool Herc, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five, and Afrika Bambaattaa Many ancient philosophies used a set of archetypal classical "elements" to explain patterns in Nature. In traditional Chinese philosophy, natural phenomena can be classified into the Wu Xing ( or the Five Phases, usually translated as five elements, Japan 's concepts of the five elements are heavily influenced by Buddhism. Tattva is a Sanskrit word meaning 'thatness' 'principle' 'reality' or 'truth' Definitions In the Pali canon, the most basic elements are usually identified as four in number but on occasion a fifth and to an even lesser extent a sixth element Bhūta is a Sanskrit word that has several meanings true matter of fact reality (that which is or has been existing present being or being like anything
Element may also refer to:
See also Element is a Skateboard Company based in Irvine California. History The company was first started in Atlanta Georgia in The Honda Element is a compact Crossover SUV manufactured by Honda and released in the United States in 2003 The weather is a set of all the phenomena occurring in a given Atmosphere at a given Time. "Elements" is an Upper middle class large Shopping mall located on 1 Austin Road West, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon, Hong Hong Kong ( officially the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is a territory located on China 's south coast on the Pearl River Delta, and borders is a Video game designed by Shigeru Miyamoto and developed and published by Nintendo. The Eucharist, also called Holy Communion or Lord's Supper and other names is a Christian Sacrament by which in a common interpretation those In Computational complexity theory, the Complexity class ELEMENTARY is the union of the classes in the Exponential hierarchy.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- One of the simplest or essential parts or principles of which anything consists, or upon which the constitution or fundamental powers of anything are based.
- (chemistry) Any one of the simplest chemical substances that cannot be decomposed in a chemical reaction or by any chemical means and made up of atoms all having the same number of protons.
- One of the four basic building blocks of matter in theories of ancient philosophers and alchemists: water, earth, fire, and air.
- Something small.
- A place or state of being that an individual or object is better suited towards.
- (law) A required aspect or component of a cause of action. A deed is regarded a violation of law only if each element can be proved.
- (set theory) One of the objects in a set.
- A group of people within a larger group having a particular common characteristic.
- A short form of heating element, a component in electrical equipment, often in the form of a coil, having a high resistance, thereby generating heat when a current is passed through it.
- (computing) One of the conceptual objects in a markup language, usually represented in text by a matching pair of tags.
network: | |