Dormant means lacking activity. It can refer to several things.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- Dormancy in an organism's life cycle
- Dormant volcano, a volcano that is inactive but may become active in the future
- Dormant, in heraldry, signifying a sleeping animal with head resting upon paws
- A company that is currently inactive
- A title of nobility or hereditary knighthood for which a claimant has yet to be found. Dormancy is a period in an organism's life cycle when growth development and (in animals physical activity is temporarily suspended Plate tectonics and hotspots Divergent plate boundaries At the In Heraldry and Vexillology, a charge is an image occupying the field on an escutcheon (or shield Heraldry in its most general sense encompasses all matters relating to the duties and responsibilities of officers of arms. Nobility is a government-privileged title which may be either hereditary (see Hereditary titles) or for a lifetime Knight is the English term for a social position originating in the Middle Ages. A plaintiff ( Π in Legal shorthand) also known as a claimant or complainant, is the party who initiates a Lawsuit
network: | |