|Type||Public Pink Sheets: DPHIQ|
|Founded||1997 in Troy, Michigan, USA|
|Headquarters||Troy, Michigan, USA|
|Key people||Rodney O'Neal,CEO, COO|
Robert S. Pink Quote informally known as the Pink Sheets, is an electronic quotation system operated by Pink OTC Markets that displays quotes from Broker-dealers for many Troy is a city in Oakland County in the US state of Michigan. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Troy is a city in Oakland County in the US state of Michigan. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Miller,Chairman
Robert J. Dellinger,CFO
|Products||vehicle electronics, systems, modules, & components|
|Revenue||▼ US$26. For other uses of this term see Industry (disambiguation An industry (from Latin industrius, "diligent industrious" The automotive industry is the industry involved in the design development manufacture marketing and sale of Motor vehicles In 2007 more than 73 million motor vehicles In Marketing, a product is anything that can be offered to a Market that might satisfy a want or need In business revenue or revenues is Income that a company receives from its normal business activities usually from the sale of goods and services The United States dollar ( sign: $; code: USD) is the unit of Currency of the United States; it has also been 392 Billion (2006)|
Delphi is an automotive parts company headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA. Employment is a Contract between two parties, one being the employer and the other being the employee. A website (alternatively web site or Web site, a back-construction from the Proper noun World Wide Web) is a collection of Web pages Auto parts are components of Automobiles They mainly are in alphabetic order (only car specific articles or articles with car section Air filter Troy is a city in Oakland County in the US state of Michigan. The United States of America —commonly referred to as the Delphi is one of the world's largest automotive parts manufacturers and has approximately 171,400 employees (50,000 in the United States).
With offices worldwide, the company operates 167 wholly owned manufacturing sites, 41 joint ventures, 53 customer centers and sales offices, and 33 technical centers in 38 countries. A subsidiary, in business matters is an entity that is controlled by a bigger and more powerful entity A joint venture (often abbreviated JV) is an entity formed between two or more parties to undertake economic activity together
Delphi is structured into the following groups:
The company is focusing the organization on the following core strategic product lines:
• Controls & Security (Body Security, Mechatronics, and Displays);
• Electrical/Electronic Architecture (Electrical/Electronic Distribution Systems, Connection Systems, and Electrical Centers);
• Entertainment & Communications (Audio, Navigation, and Telematics);
• Powertrain (Diesel and Gasoline Engine Management Systems);
• Safety (Occupant Protection and Safety Electronics); and
• Thermal (Climate Control & Powertrain Cooling).
During the Chapter 11 cases, Delphi has made substantial progress in identifying and implementing the sale (or receiving Bankruptcy Court approval to sell) or wind down of those facilities and business lines that do not support the company’s future strategic framework, including:
• The sale of the brake hose manufacturing business in Dayton, Ohio to Harco Manufacturing Group, announced in January 2007. Dayton is a city in southwestern Ohio, United States. It is the County seat and largest city of Montgomery County. 
• The settlement of a social plan in the "Concurso," or Spanish insolvency proceeding, of Delphi Automotive Systems Espana S. L.
• The sale of the Mexican brake components business, including a manufacturing plant in Saltillo, Coahuila, Mexico, to Robert Bosch LLC and its affiliate Frenados Mexicanos, S. The United Mexican States ( or commonly Mexico (ˈmɛksɪkoʊ () is a federal constitutional Republic in North America. Robert Bosch GmbH is a German diversified technology-based corporation which was started in 1886 by Robert Bosch in Stuttgart Germany. A. de C. V. , announced in June 2007. 
• The sale of substantially all of the assets of MobileAria, Inc. to Wireless Matrix USA, Inc. ;
• The sale of the U. S. Battery operations in New Brunswick, New Jersey to Johnson Controls, Inc. New Brunswick, also known as "the Healthcare City" or "Hub City" is a city and the County seat of Middlesex County Johnson Controls Inc is an United States company based in Milwaukee Wisconsin. in 2006. 
• The sale of the catalyst business to Umicore Group, completed in October, 2007. Texas ( is a state geographically located in the South Central United States and is also known as the Lone Star State. Rochester is a city in Monroe County, New York State, south of Lake Ontario in the United States. Coopersville is a city located in north central Ottawa County in the U Catalysis is the process in which the rate of a Chemical reaction is increased by means of a Chemical substance known as a catalyst 
• The sale of the Wheel Bearings business based in Sandusky, Ohio to Kyklos, Inc. Sandusky is a city in the US state of Ohio and the County seat of Erie County. , which is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hephaestus Holdings, Inc. , in February of 2008. 
• The sale of the Global Steering and Halfshaft Business to Steering Solutions Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Platinum Equity, LLC, announced in December 2007. Platinum Equity is an American Information technology and Private equity firm Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. The Steering business was based in Saginaw, Michigan, and was formerly known as the Saginaw Steering Division of General Motors. 
• The sale of the Interiors and Closures business was announced in October, 2007, to The Renco Group. This includes facilities in: Gadsden, Alabama, Cottondale, Alabama, North Kansas City, Missouri, Orion, Michigan, Adrian, Michigan, Woerth, Germany, Matamoros, Mexico, the SDADS Joint Venture in Shanghai, China and the KDS Joint Venture in Daegu, South Korea. Gadsden is a city in and the County seat of Etowah County, northeastern Alabama, United States, approximately 60 miles northeast of Birmingham North Kansas City is a city in Clay County, Missouri, United States. Adrian is a city in the US state of Michigan. As of the 2000 census, the city population was 21574 with the 2006 population estimated at 21703 Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany ( ˈbʊndəsʁepuˌbliːk ˈdɔʏtʃlant is a Country in Central Europe. The United Mexican States ( or commonly Mexico (ˈmɛksɪkoʊ () is a federal constitutional Republic in North America. Shanghai ( 上[[wikt 海|海]] is the largest city in China in terms of population and one of the largest urban areas in the world with over 20 million China ( Wade-Giles ( Mandarin) Chung¹kuo² is a cultural region, an ancient Civilization, and depending on perspective a National Daegu (pronounced) also spelled Taegu (pronounced) officially called Daegu Metropolitan City, is the fourth largest city in South Korea after South Korea, officially the Republic of Korea and often referred to as Korea ( Korean: 대한민국 tɛː 
• The sale of certain North American Brake Component Machining and Assembly Assets to TRW Automotive Holdings, which includes sites in Saginaw, Michigan, Springhill, Tennessee, and Oshawa, Canada, announced in September 2007. TRW Automotive Holdings, based in Livonia MI, is a supplier of automotive parts to manufacturers and aftermarket dealers Country to "Dominion of Canada" or "Canadian Federation" or anything else please read the Talk Page 
• The company will continue with its stated plans to sell or wind-down additional non-core product lines and manufacturing sites through 2008.
Current members of the board of directors of Delphi are: Martin E. Welch, John H. Walker, Craig G. Naylor, Raymond J. Milchovich, David N. Farr, John D. Englar, Robert H. Brust, Oscar De Paula Bernardes Neto, John D. Opie, Rodney O'Neal, and Robert S. Miller (chairman). Robert S (Steve MillerWas hired as Delphi chairman by General Motors and Delphi Corp
Rodney O'Neal is also the chief executive officer of the company (since January 1, 2007), replacing Robert S. A chief executive officer ( CEO) or chief executive is typically the highest-ranking corporate officer ( executive) or administrator New Year See also New Year The Ancient Romans began their consular year on January 1st since 153 BC Year 2007 ( MMVII) was a Common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar in the 21st century. "Steve" Miller.
Researchers at the University of Massachusetts Amherst identified Delphi corp. The University of Massachusetts Amherst (otherwise known as UMass Amherst, Massachusetts, or UMass) is a research and Land-grant university in as the 21st-largest corporate producer of air pollution in the United States in 2002. Air pollution is the human introduction into the atmosphere of Chemicals Particulate matter, or Biological materials that cause harm or discomfort  According to the study, the manufacturer's most toxic emissions include asbestos (542 lb/yr), chromium compounds (1,082 lb/yr), lead compounds (8,466 lb/yr), and sulfuric acid (17,600 lbs/year), while the most massive emissions are glycol ethers (111,520 lbs/year) and hydrochloric acid (80,000 lb/yr). Asbestos is a group of Minerals with long thin fibrous Crystals The word "asbestos" (῾ἀσβεστος is derived from a Greek adjective Chromium (ˈkroʊmiəm is a Chemical element which has the symbol Cr and Atomic number 24 Characteristics Lead has a dull luster and is a dense, Ductile, very soft highly Sulfuric (or sulphuric acid, H 2 S[[oxygen O]]4 is a strong Mineral acid. Glycol ethers are a group of Solvents based on Alkyl Ethers of Ethylene glycol commonly used in Paints These solvents typically have Hydrochloric acid is the Solution of Hydrogen chloride ( H[[Chlorine Cl]] in water 
In February 2007 the multinational Delphi Automotive Systems Holding Inc. announced the closure of its plant in Puerto Real, Cádiz, Spain, with a loss of 1600 direct jobs and more than 2500 indirect jobs. Puerto Real (Port Royal is a seaport in southern Spain, in the province of Cádiz and the autonomous region of Andalusia. Cádiz is a province of southern Spain, in the southwestern part of the autonomous community of Andalusia, the southernmost part of continental Spain () or the Kingdom of Spain (Reino de España is a country located mostly in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula.  despite having agreed to continue its manufacturing operations until 2010 and receiving more than EUR 25 million from various public administrations in order to guarantee its workers' jobs. 
The Andalusian autonomous government announced it would begin legal action against the company for breach of local labor laws. Andalusia (Andalucía is an autonomous community of Spain. It is the most populous and the second largest in terms of land area An autonomous community is a first-level political division of the Kingdom of Spain, established in accordance with the Spanish Constitution. 
On October 8, 2005 Delphi filed for bankruptcy due to the lack of money to pay the employees. Events 314 - Roman Emperor Licinius is defeated by his colleague Constantine I at the Battle of Cibalae, and loses Year 2005 ( MMV) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link displays full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Slowly, cutting jobs and shutting down many plants around the Dayton area and nationally (Roberson). The increased competition between the U. S. and other countries in the automobile industry has been a factor in Delphi’s bankruptcy (Wehrman D1). Due to the economical slump, almost all of the plants have closed in the Dayton area except for five.
Delphi is a major player in the XM Satellite Radio and GPS market. Basic concept of GPS operation A GPS receiver calculates its position by carefully timing the signals sent by the constellation of GPS Satellites high above the Earth Among their most widely recognized (and advertised) products are:
Delphi designs, engineers and manufactures a wide variety of components, integrated systems and modules on a worldwide basis, and is the largest and most diversified supplier of automotive parts. In January 2000 Delphi acquired the diesel systems business of Lucas TRW, making Delphi the world's second largest manufacturer of Diesel Fuel Injection equipment. Delphi Diesel owns the brands of CAV/Simms/RotoDiesel and Condiesel, the division also runs 10 subsidiary distribution companies in Brazil, China, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Mexico, Turkey, UK and USA. A subsidiary, in business matters is an entity that is controlled by a bigger and more powerful entity |utc_offset = -2 to -4 |time_zone_DST = BRST |utc_offset_DST = -2 to -5 |cctld China ( Wade-Giles ( Mandarin) Chung¹kuo² is a cultural region, an ancient Civilization, and depending on perspective a National This article is about the country For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic France topics. Germany, officially the Federal Republic of Germany ( ˈbʊndəsʁepuˌbliːk ˈdɔʏtʃlant is a Country in Central Europe. Italy (Italia officially the Italian Republic, (Repubblica Italiana is located on the Italian Peninsula in Southern Europe, and on the two largest Spain () or the Kingdom of Spain (Reino de España is a country located mostly in southwestern Europe on the Iberian Peninsula. The United Mexican States ( or commonly Mexico (ˈmɛksɪkoʊ () is a federal constitutional Republic in North America. Turkey (Türkiye known officially as the Republic of Turkey ( is a Eurasian Country that stretches The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, commonly known as the United Kingdom, the UK or Britain,is a Sovereign state located The diesel aftermarket company is headquartered in Warwick UK.
Delphi also manufactures the MagneRide magneto rheological dampers, which use ferrofluid to adjust the damping rate of the shock absorbers based on road conditions, to offer an effective compromise between ride and handling . MagneRide is Delphi Corporation 's proprietary name for its magneto rheological suspension system A magnetorheological damper or magnetorheological shock absorber is a damper filled with Magnetorheological fluid, which is controlled by a Magnetic A ferrofluid (from the Latin ferrum, meaning iron is a liquid which becomes strongly polarised in the presence of a Magnetic field. These can be found on the Audi R8 , Audi TT, Chevrolet Corvette C5, Cadillac Seville STS, Ferrari 599 and select E Series HSV cars in Australia. The Audi R8 is a mid-engined Sports car introduced by the German automaker Audi in 2007 priced at 113150 The Audi TT is a Sports car manufactured by Audi since 1998 in Győr, Hungary, now in its second generation &mdash and available as a 2+2 See also Chevrolet Corvette The Chevrolet Corvette C5 is a Sports car which went on sale in 1997 and ended with the 2004 model year The Cadillac Seville is a luxury car that was manufactured by the Cadillac division of American Automaker General Motors as a limited production The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano (internal code F139 is Ferrari 's 2-seat Gran Turismo flagship model replacing the 575 M Maranello in 2006 as a 2007 model Holden Special Vehicles, abbreviated HSV is the officially designated performance vehicle division of Australian motor Automobile manufacturer