Carry or carrying can mean:
- Carry (arithmetic), when a digit become bigger than limit and the extra is moved to the left
- Carry flag, the equivalent in calculation in a computer
- carrying (basketball), a rule breach in basketball
- Carry (American football), a statistical term equivalent to a single rushing play
- carry (investment), a financial term: the carry of an asset is the gain or cost of holding the asset. In Elementary arithmetic a carry is a Digit that is transferred from one Column of digits to another column of more significant digits during a calculation In Computer processors the carry flag (usually indicated as the C flag is a single Bit in a system status (flag register used to indicate when Carrying, also colloquially referred to as palming, is a violation in the game of Basketball. In American football, a carry is a statistical term equivalent to a single rushing play The carry of an Asset is the return obtained from holding it (if positive or the Cost of holding it (if negative
- carried interest, a financial term: the share of profits in an investment fund paid to the fund manager. Carried interest or carry, in finance is a share of the profits of a successful Partnership that is paid to the Manager of a Private equity fund
- Fireman's carry, a rescue technique. A fireman's carry is a technique that allows a person to carry another person without assistance
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- (transitive) To lift (something) and take it to another place; to transport (something) by lifting.
- (transitive) To stock or supply (something).
- (transitive) To adopt (something); take over.
- (transitive) (arithmetic) In an addition, to transfer the quantity in excess of what is countable in the units in a column to the column immediately to the left in order to be added there.
- (transitive) To have or maintain (something).
- (intransitive) To be transmitted; to travel.
- (transitive, nautical) to capture a ship by coming alongside and boarding
- A manner of transporting or lifting something; the grip or position in which something is carried.
- (computing) The bit or digit that is carried in an addition.
network: | |