Call may mean:
- Call (telecommunications)
- Telephone call
- Call option or "call", in finance, gives its owner the right to buy stock at a specified price in the future
- Computer-assisted language learning (CALL)
- Center for Anglican Learning & Leadership (CALL)
- Procedure call or subroutine in computer software
- Bird call, a shorter staccato passage of a bird song
- Caller (dancing), a command to execute a dance step
- Call (Pakistani band), a Pakistani alternative rock band
- System call, the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the operating system
- Call, to match a bet or raise in a game of poker
- Slang term to stake a claim on something
- In theater, a call time
- In health care and other professions which require 24 hour availability, a person who is required to be available for emergency calls is said to be "on call". In Computer science and Telecommunications a call is Any attempt to set up a Telecommunication circuit A unit of traffic A telephone call is a connection over a Telephone network between the Calling party and the Called party. Example of a call option on a stock Buy a call The buyer expects that the price may go up Computer-assisted language learning (CALL is a form of computer-based accelerated learning which carries two important features bidirectional learning and individualized learning Center for Anglican Learning & Leadership (CALL is a program of Church Divinity School of the Pacific in in Berkeley California. In Computer science, a subroutine ( function, method, procedure, or subprogram) is a portion of code within a larger Bird vocalization includes both Bird calls and bird songs In non-technical use bird songs are the bird sounds that are melodious to the human ear A caller is a person who calls Dance figures in such dances as Line dance, Square dance, and Contra dance. Call is an Alternative rock band formed by Danish J Khan, Khurram J In Computing, a system call is the mechanism used by an application program to request service from the Kernel. This article describes only the common terms rules and procedures of betting in poker When also required to remain on the premises during this time, the individual may find time to sleep in the "on call room". An on-call room is a room with either a Couch or a Bunkbed intended for staff to rest in while they are on-call or due to be
See also Ann Lowdon Call was a horsewoman and was the 2005 AQHA Select World Champion in Pleasure Driving Brandon Spencer Lee Call (born November 17, 1976) is an American Actor. Ramon Malla i Call (born September 4, 1922 in La Seu d'Urgell, Catalonia) is Emeritus Bishop of Lleida. RD Call is an American actor who appeared in the movies Waterworld and Dark Heart. Richard Keith Call ( October 24, 1792 - September 14, 1862) was the third and fifth territorial governor of Florida Wilkinson Call ( January 9, 1834 - August 24, 1910) was a US Senator from Florida who served as a Democrat For the religious sense of the word see Vocation. For the rock band see The Calling. Quiz Call is a late night/early morning phone-in quiz TV show produced by Ostrich Media (owned by iTouch for Five, Five US and Fiver A call gate (or callgate) is a mechanism in Intel's X86 architecture for changing the Privilege level of the CPU when it executes a predefined Function
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
- A telephone conversation.
- A social visit.
- A cry or shout.
- The characteristic cry of a bird.
- A beckoning or summoning.
- (finance): A contract to buy stock (See w:stock_option for further reading); compare put.
- (cricket) The act of calling to the other batsman.
- (cricket) The state of being the batsman whose role it is to call (depends on where the ball goes.)
- (medicine) An overnight duty in the hospital.
- (computing) The act of jumping to a subprogram, saving the means to return to the point.
- A statement of a particular state, or rule, made in many games such as bridge, craps, jacks, and so on.
- To request, summon, or beckon.
- To cry or shout.
- To contact by telephone.
- To pay a social visit.
- To name or refer to.
- (reflexively: to be called) Of a person, to have as one's name; of a thing, to have as its name.
- (cricket) (of a batsman): To shout directions to the other batsman on whether or not they should take a run.
- (cricket) (of a fielder): To shout to other fielders that he intends to take a catch (thus avoiding collisions.)
- (poker): To match or equal the amount of poker chips in the pot as the player that bet.
- (with an object preceded by the preposition for) To require, demand.
- To state, or invoke a rule, in many games such as bridge, craps, jacks, and so on.
network: | |