The Ancient Egyptian phrase ankh, wedja, seneb "life, prosperity, health" is a formula often suffixed to the names of ancient Egyptian kings–(the Pharaohs). Egyptian hieroglyphs (ˈhaɪərəʊɡlɪf from Greek grc-Grek ἱερογλύφος " sacred carving " also hieroglyphic = grc-Grek Ancient Egypt was an Ancient Civilization in eastern North Africa, concentrated along the lower reaches of the Nile River in what is now Egyptian is an Afro-Asiatic language most closely related to the Berber, Semitic, Somali and Beja languages Pharaoh is the title given in modern parlance to the ancient Egyptian kings of all periods It is frequently abbreviated in Egyptian–A. U. S. or a. u. s. with just three hieroglyphs (or with their equivalent forms in Demotic and Hieratic), making it possibly one of the oldest acronyms used in written language, although strictly speaking the first word ankh is not truly abbreviated. Egyptian hieroglyphs (ˈhaɪərəʊɡlɪf from Greek grc-Grek ἱερογλύφος " sacred carving " also hieroglyphic = grc-Grek Demotic (from δημοτικός dēmotikós, "popular" refers to either the Ancient Egyptian script derived from northern forms of Hieratic Hieratic is a Cursive writing system used in pharaonic Egypt that developed alongside the hieroglyphic system to which it is intimately Acronyms, initialisms, and alphabetisms are Abbreviations that are formed using the initial components in a phrase or name
English translations of Egyptian often use the abbreviation "L. English is a West Germanic language originating in England and is the First language for most people in the United Kingdom, the United States P. H. " for "Life, Prosperity, Health. "
ankh wedja seneb represents the following Egyptian words-(and their concepts):
- ankh: "Life"
- wedja: "to be whole/–intact"/'Endurance' (= "Prosperity")
- seneb: "Health"
- "Ankh", "to live," "life," was associated with the gods of Egypt, and Egyptian kings–(pharaohs) aspired to achieve their responsibilities of governing and protecting life in Egypt. Ankylosis progressive homolog (mouse, also known as ANKH, is a human Gene. Egyptian hieroglyphs (ˈhaɪərəʊɡlɪf from Greek grc-Grek ἱερογλύφος " sacred carving " also hieroglyphic = grc-Grek God is the principal or sole Deity in Religions and other belief systems that worship one deity.
- Wedja (written "utcha" in 19th century transcriptions) literally means "to be whole; to be intact," but also has the connotation of "prosperity" and "well-being. Egyptian hieroglyphs (ˈhaɪərəʊɡlɪf from Greek grc-Grek ἱερογλύφος " sacred carving " also hieroglyphic = grc-Grek Transcription is the conversion into written typewritten or printed form of a Spoken language source such as the proceedings of a court hearing "
- Dominion is a second term that is implied with prosperity. The raising of the Djed pillar was symbolic of the pharaoh creating, and maintaining his kingdom. The Djed symbol is a pillar-like ancient Egyptian symbol representing Stability. Pharaoh is the title given in modern parlance to the ancient Egyptian kings of all periods It is the reason some pharaohs campaigned beyond the Egyptian border, leaving a legacy for the next pharaohs to deal with.
- Seneb has many translations: "to be well," "to be healthy," and "to have 'soundness' ": "to be sound. Egyptian hieroglyphs (ˈhaɪərəʊɡlɪf from Greek grc-Grek ἱερογλύφος " sacred carving " also hieroglyphic = grc-Grek " Another word, also seneb has the determinative of a wall and means "to build," but with the connotation of "to build (soundly). A determinative, also known as a taxogram or semagram, is an Ideogram used to mark semantic categories of words in Logographic scripts "
|"given by the gods:|
victory, might, life, strength, health, and everything good--
For the actions by the pharaoh Ptolemy V of the Rosetta Stone (196 BC), the gods reward him by (line R5)
- ". The Rosetta Stone is an Ancient Egyptian artifact (حجر رشيد in Arabic which was instrumental in advancing modern understanding of hieroglyphic writing Egyptian hieroglyphs (ˈhaɪərəʊɡlɪf from Greek grc-Grek ἱερογλύφος " sacred carving " also hieroglyphic = grc-Grek Ptolemy V Epiphanes ( Greek:, Ptolemaĩos Epiphanḗs, reigned 204 – 181 BCE) son of Ptolemy IV Philopator and Arsinoe Events By place Roman Republic The Insubres, Gauls of the Po Valley, believed by the Romans to have been . . . As a reward (for his deeds of kingship) these are given Him (by) the Gods-(pictured with the Uraeus on the god–hieroglyphs-(Ntr, Ntr, Ntr)):
- Strength (= Greek god Nike),
- Life, Power (strength=prosperity), Health, (A.U.S.) and 'Everything Good to the Fullest' . The Uraeus (plural Uraei or Uraeuses, from the Greek grc οὐραῖος from Egyptian egy jʿr Ancient Egyptian religion was Polytheistic and often Zoomorphic. In Greek mythology, Nike ( Greek Νίκη níːkɛː meaning Victory) was a Goddess who personified Triumph The Ancient Egyptian phrase ankh wedja seneb "life prosperity health" is a formula often suffixed to the names of ancient Egyptian kings &ndash(the . . "
- ^ Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache 1, 193. 8–198. 10, 198. 11–200. 8
- ^ Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache 1, 399. 14–401. 2
- ^ Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache 1, 401. 3–8
- ^ Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache 4, 158. 2–159. 5
- ^ Wörterbuch der ägyptischen Sprache 4, 161. 7
- ^ The Rosetta Stone
- Erman, Johann Peter Adolf, and Hermann Grapow, eds. 1926–1953. Wörterbuch der aegyptischen Sprache im Auftrage der deutschen Akademien. 6 vols. Leipzig: J. C. Hinrichs’schen Buchhandlungen. (Reprinted Berlin: Akademie-Verlag GmbH, 1971).
- Budge, E. A. Wallis, The Rosetta Stone, 1929, 1989-(Dover Edition); Dover Pub, N. Sir Ernest Alfred Thompson Wallis Budge ( July 27, 1857 &ndash November 23, 1934) was an English Egyptologist, Y.
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org
network: | |